Satellite Installation problem?

Username: Jagsa

Post Number: 4
I have one dish installed facing South. The signal quality as well as signal is good. I have an additional dish which was to be alligned facing west, Which does not catch any signal at all. I have tried all the positions. The first one is giving me all the channels like ATN, Sony, alpha Panjabi. But I am unable to get any of the English or PPV channels(500-series). I used to get these earlier, but I moved to new location which has balcony facing South and West as well. Can someone help to get the right orientation of the second dish to get the PPV channels?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3365
jags
Which sats you want get?
From which city?

Post Number: 5
Sats needed: PPV(on the 500 sereies earlier) and Sahara One, Set Max, ZeeTv(611 to 624 sereis earlier)

Brampton Canada

Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 6
Plymouth, King, Doreen

Haven't got any clue what I am missing to get the help to get the above channels.

Can someone help please?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3411
jags
Which sat you want get?

Bev or Dn

500 series on 110 and 119

611 to 624 on 61.5

Bronze Member
Username: Correct

Post Number: 15
jags, as Plymouth has asked you need to specify which sat you want.

By the looks of your questions it seems as though you already have 61.5 (but may need to re-scan if you are missing channels). Your 2nd dish (for 500 series) needs to point South-West (Azimuth: 225.39) with Dish Elevation of 28.6 to get 110/119

Post Number: 7
Thanks everyone.

The channels which I am presently getting are on DN. I have a single receiver with a single port( Not a two bird LNB) If I install a two bird LNB would I be able to catch 110/119 as the dish which I have now is pointing South West.

I have rescaned the latest bin a couple of times, still unable to get the 500-series/PPV channels.

Moreover the 611 series shows Star Plus channels but not the Sahara One and others on the 611 series.

I am asking for the specification in the installation, if I am missing there something, because the signal level and quality are pretty good, still unable to get the PPV guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3413
jags for see all these channels , you need to have 2 dish and 3 LNBs.

Point first dish on 61.5 and second on 110 and you can get the majority

119 need 30" dish and CB2008A
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us