New dish encryption ??

Bronze Member
Username: Redwater71

Post Number: 58
If and when di$h switches encryption providers will that mean that most stb's will have to choose which to watch ?

Do we know if B3V is doing the same ??

For the moment the bins we have cover both providers, can an STB take more than 1 bin for a combined result ??

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2854
Dude up north
Great question
Yor question shows yo definatly following this heated action between PTA and pay satellite service

Current FTA receivers like CW, VS, SV, CS and many others can support more than one conditional access in the MPEG-2 so even if DN and BEV use 2 different security providers current FTA receivers can definatly decrypt.

Lately I'm observing strong indications DN and BEV will have 2 different securities
I strongly believe N2/N3 is better than any other security in the market not sure breach of security was due to leak or just clever back engineered by coders
As a wild guess I would say brelient back engineering more than leak cuz even if it was a leak it still has to be modified and back engineered for cardless FTA receivers
Nagra*vision also owns Media*guard
Which I'm sure they have shared many drawing diagrams to stand against PTA

DN can definatly change security providers but many receivers out there about 10 years old can not work the way they would want it by simple card swap and even if they change receivers no security provider will ever guarntee full security

See I only cheer for the good play
Right now PTA owns pay satellites
My quest is for how long?

Silver Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 443
good post king thanks learn a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2610
Thanks for the info KING