Need Help with Converting for my Box Vortex 7700

Bronze Member
Username: Mrkhan

Post Number: 81
Hello,

Can someone please help me fix my box Vorex 7700 up and running, I haven't use this for year now and would like to use it again. Can someone please get me the converting files to convert this vortex 7700 into Puff with a direcion on how to convert it. Thank you so much in advance.

Firoz

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10901
Vortex 7700 is a Pansat 2500 clone.

Either b75 or PUFF or LZMA

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
and select appropriate section

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Hey Nalin,

Thanx alot for your help. So its been over year haven't use this unit, is it ok to load a new bin file B75 or should I convert into PUFF?

Thanx

Firoz

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10905
b75 and PUFF are both good. LZMA is supposedly better but right now there is only one person supporting it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Hi Nalin,

I need your help again. For some reason the box isn't responding when loading a bin file on my Vortex 7700. What to do next?

Thanx

Firoz

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10920
Firoze khan:You have to give a 8-10 line description of what you did and what stage you started getting problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Hi Nalin,

Ok first I got the bin file for the box, then I set up the loading ok, then I turn the box on from the back and as soon as I see the first dash, I click on "write" and the % doesn't start and the dash on the box just freeze and sometime the dash goes it self and turn On and the channel number shows up. I hope this help.

Thank you,

Firoz

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10935
Firoze: Unless you post the status of boot file - original b60 or b-7-5 or PUFF, nobody will be able to help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Hi,

I tried loading both b60 and b-75 and still getting same status of not getting loaded into my box...

Thank you

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10937
Either b75 or PUFF
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
and select appropriate section

download the full_kit from PUFF section and unzip into a separate directory. Follow instructions religiously to install BOOT b60 and then continue on to full PUFF conversion and latest PUFF file. Do not skip instructions and do not digress from what it says there. All sections of the instructions are relevant for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Nalin,

Thats not the problem, the problem is when I try to load the boot60 into the box, it doesn't let me load it, it just keeps on getting stuck and doesn't completed the loading...This is where I am havng problem...

Thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Nalin some how the link you had post show nothing in there...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10939
1. "is it ok to load a new bin file B75 or should I convert into PUFF?
2. "as soon as I see the first dash, I click on "write"
"tried loading both b60 and b-75"
3. "when I try to load the boot60 into the box, it doesn't let me load it,"

For future, you should be precise and you should have posted more information than even this last post.

If you are trying to load boot b60 using technique as you described in 2. above, it WILL NOT work.
Boot b60 is to be loaded with receiver fully on, FILE TYPE SET TO BOOT (NOT BIN) and using 2700 to 2500 special conversion file. If after a few trials you fail, then, using BL under 1.4, try and load it by clicking write simultaneously with turning on the receiver.

TRY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER,
AS STATED IN THE APPROPRIATE SECTION OF THE FULL-KIT.

There are no short cuts. The 2500 to 2700 conversion is a 3-4 step process with additional 1-3 steps for rescanning your receiver. That is why the full instructions have been created.
Also there is NO ROOM for pre-conceived notions and habits of "I loaded the factory BIN, and then ....", etc.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10941
If you use the last firefox browser, you will be able to connect to the link and download the files.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us