Dual tuner digi box without hard drive

Username: Whatsupdoc

Berkshire

Post Number: 1
Does anybody know of a dual / triple tuner digi box without hard drive. I want to be able to use my existing kit without having to buy 3 digi boxes but I do not want / need a hard drive recording facility?

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 97
I can't see any need for a dual tuner recorder without an HDD.

xvxvxvx

Username: Whatsupdoc

Berkshire

Post Number: 2
Ah Ha.

I have a vcr and a dvd recorder both of which would need digital tuners to be able to record from digital broadcasts. so one box for the vcr one box for the dvd-r and one for the tele so I can watch one and record two others... so three digital tuners. This problem must exist for thousands of people? surely I do not need to get 3 separate tuners and I am not replacing all my kit when it is as good as new.

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 98
Re you talking about the digital switchover scheduled for the summer of 2009? If so that is three years away. Even if you still have your current devices and assuming they still work well you won't have a real problem. Digital to analog OTA reception boxes will be available to all in the US and will be subsidized by the US government.

Also if you have a cable provider they will continue to offer analog conversion for several years beyond the digital transition.

xvxvxvx

Username: Rmisterb247

Post Number: 1
SCOOBY- IF MY DVR CABLE IS DISCONNECTED, AND I HAVE RECORDED SHOWS, CAN COMCAST SENT A SIGNAL TO DISABLED "MY DVR"? I NOW CAN'T WATCH THE SHOWS THAT I RECORDED MONTHS AGO.

Username: Rmisterb247

Post Number: 2
CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY PREVIOUS POST- APRIL, '08? JUST NOTICED HOW OLD THESE POSTS ARE!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us