Need help with viewsat ultra

Username: Aboujalal

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,
im new in this site and i need ur help.
i bought a new ultra viewsat not clone, and
works great with echostar3. Now i wanted to put nimiq1,3, i got the right direction of the sat, but the signal go up and down (99% for 0,2 secondes then go 0% next 0,2 secondes). so what is the problem, especially that i got nothin when i scan for channels. thank u.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1639
Check your setup
Give your sat setup

Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 20
When i was experimenting a while back I was getting the same thing. I noticed I had goofed and set my elevation too high. After lowering it about 10 degrees I got a steady signal and was able to scan in my channels.

I think there is some other weird satellite in that slot just above nimiq 1 that interferes with the receiver.

It would help if you post your dish,LNB type and the parameters that you have set up in your STB.

Happy Hackin!

Post Number: 2
thx for the help this is the information

Satellite: nimiq1,3 91.0w
puissance lnb: on
type lnb: standard
frequence lnb: 11250
22 khz: off
tp freq: 12224
diseqc1.0: port 4
moteur: off
legacy sw: none

Ariza zkf-g52n
r.f: 12.2-12.7 ghz
lo: 11.25 ghz
if: 950-1450 mhz
thx again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I don't have any experience with that LNB but a quick Google search told me that it is a universal type. Try switching your LNB type setting on your STB from standard to universal for giggles and see what happens.

I am assuming your are using a separate dish with this LNB and it is connected to port 4 of your diseqc switch and your not pointing it through trees with the wind blowing?

Post Number: 3
yes its a separate dish cuz i have 2 dish
and this lnb it connected to port 4
but i have tow lnb
for this dish the ariza one and the other is gtsat :
gt-lst40c
standard
ku-band single lnbf
rf:11.7-12.75 ghz
and i put the both with nemiq1,3 ariza gives signal but not stable and with gtsat no signal at all

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1643
vgergerg
You are on bad sat, probably you are on Galaxie 3C on 95W in linear signal, that why that go up and down.
Turn in east 4 degree and down a little bit
Good luck

I presume you know Bev and Dish are down

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I'm not familiar with either of those LNBs.

I'm still thinking that you have a pointing problem. Possibly looking at some other weird signal source. Try lowering the elevation a bit.

Did you try changing the type setting to universal?

I'm using a two Dish Pro 500s for 91,110 and 119. Just using one of the LNBs of one dish for 91. Pointing is a hassle if you can't see your TV from your dish. I made a portable sled that I can mount mine on for camping and such. I just set it up in my drive way so I can see my TV a fiddle with it until I get the elevation and skew set up properly then I re locate the dish where I want it. All I have to do is level and rotate it until I get signal then tweek it a bit until it peaks out.

Thats about all I can suggest. Hopefully someone brainier than me will chime in.

Happy Hackin!

Post Number: 4
yes i know they r down thx for ue help i will try
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us