"Discontinued"

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 110
Does anyone here knows why the Viewsat Extreme
and the CW600S Premium are being discontinued?

Bronze Member
Username: Nakedgirl

FULLY CLOTHED, RECENTL..., Park Avenue

Post Number: 75
I do not think it means they are going to stop providing fixes.

Why you ask??? Why is a cow?

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Naked Girl
I don't understand what your are saying.
Do I need to give a reason to ask a question
What does (why is a cow mean?)kind of early
to be hitting the bottle.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9116
All manufacturers discontinue older models for newer. It started with the auto industry. We are living in a consumer age.

Username: Paco123

Post Number: 7
Yea just like PanSat 2300...Bend over is comming soon ! No Support !!

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermir

Post Number: 46
they stopped making extremes a while back.... but ever since ive never complained about the support for it o.o

i think they will continue to provide new bins for it

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

I will not b...

Post Number: 2087
although the models are discontinued,you will get support for quite some time,so enjoy
the reason for discontinuing an older model is to make room for newer models in their portfolio,and newer models would have bigger memory,which would help coders with the new ecms that we are having.
don't worry about it and enjoy what you have

White Hawk
Silver Member

Post Number: 110

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 09:25 am:
Does anyone here knows why the Viewsat Extreme
and the CW600S Premium are being discontinued?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14514
Viewsat and Coo*lsat are both getting into IKS, and Viewsat is releasing a new IKS receiver (Viewsat Ethernet 2000) in next 2 months...IKS is the way of the future for FTA...older models have been discontinued, and out of warranty...as does happen with anything U buy...

For example....I have a new 14 month old Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwasher from Sears, that is already obsolete and hard to get parts for..and naturally out of warranty and broken already...and will cost me MORE to repair than to replace...

EVERYTHING U buy is manufactured with a LIMITED life expectancy in mind...unfortunately , that expectancy gets shorter and shorter, just like the warranties...now they want to SELL ya a warranty....what a joke!, but almost a necessity....capitalism at its best...

Welcome to life in the business world...things change and companies get rich...while people get poorer..

Bronze Member
Username: Spike52

Post Number: 51
Yea LK I just bought a vizio 32 inch lcd and geez did they push the extended gig on me!! My budddy works for a vendor that sells tvs and told me that they make most of the money on finance and extended warranty. Your right CAPITALISM. Go Sox and Celts. Doing any games LK? I dont like the Japan start for them.

Bronze Member
Username: Meyerlansky

NYCUSA

Post Number: 16
I hope the Celtics win the east and beat the Lakers in 7. That would be sweet.
Anyhow, what does IKS stand for? Just give me the words. I'll look it up. Thanks dudes! and Happy St Patty's Day!! OY!

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1359
Everybody at this site thinks it means Internet Key Sharing but I think it has more to do with this: http://www.iks.tugraz.at/welcome-at-the-iks-of-graz-university-of-technology/vie w?set_language=en

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1360
http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/100690449/X1_Dongle__Iks_Technology__.html
This link calls it Internet Key Service
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us