Electricity meter hacking?

Silver Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 103
Can somebody give me an Idea how to hack my electricity meter, I'd been paying aprox. $400/month and I just don't know what to do..
Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 211
damn!......what do you think?.......that we are thieves??????..........LMAO.......

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 540
Turn it upside down. If it's one of the round ones, it pulls straight out, just like plugging in a light. Pull it out, turn it over and then plug it back in, when you think the reader is coming, change it back. It will not register when it is upside down.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Thanks! I will try that and let you know on the results.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2825
one of those myths, but I HEARD a real strong magnet will slow it. Of course not the digital ones. Prolly wont work, but u could try it.
U could also turn off electrical appliances and lights when not using them. lol
ur energy saving tips for the day

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

I will not b...

Post Number: 2085
wow,
as if stealing satellite signal was not enough,
what next ? lol

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1357
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/811500/electric_meter_hack_how_to_cut_your_electri city_bill_in_half/

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9121
In many parts of the western world, you can install a windmill generator or solar electricity panels, and what you do not use can be sold back to the utility provider.
It is perfectly legal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Thank you guys, now I have to be aware of the meter reader so I don't get busted. I will try it on and I will post it with results.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14510
U are playing with fire, when messing with the meter or any public utility..thats a CRIMINAL offense, not civil...I have a neighbor doing a 12 month bid in county jail for trying to steal electricity...some things are just NOT worth it..

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Thanks LK, I will consider the advise.

Silver Member
Username: Frobi

Post Number: 203
you can hook up wires to your disliked neighbor's house underground.

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 38
African said:
"wow, as if stealing satellite signal was not enough, what next ? lol"

Wake up, man! CHARGING for already paid for by publicity broadcasts, THAT is theft!

Are you for real, or are you working for one of the providers?

It is a total disservice to confuse this issue with that of stealing something that is actually CONSUMED and must be PRODUCED, such as electricity!

Silver Member
Username: Thechiz2

The south, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 364
if it is an anolog one and if you are careful you can dismantle it and set the numbers where you want.

LMAO

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2826
u can pu up a windmill, at ur expense, then if it makes too much noise and neighbors complain, u have to take it down. Then u have an expensive pile of sh1t. U must live in the country to ty this

Silver Member

The south, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 366
yeagh
and in america if
you wake some one up you get shot, tazard, or blown up

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 115
Da-neeghg
I don't often agree with LK, but this time he is 100% right, don't funk with it. It is nothing
like intercepting providers satellite signals.
The fed will be on your azz like shitt on stink.
Plus you make a wrong turn and this shiit will
put your azz in a Micro- wave.

Bronze Member
Username: Ez2ctv

Platinum Mem...

Post Number: 61
to access the meter to pull it out and turn it upside down, you have to cut the seal/tag. This will alert the meter reader that the "can" has been opened.

I once had a neighbor (worked for the power company) that wired his Central Air cond. to a circut that he created before the meter (wires were connected before the post on the meter but after they came in from the weatherhead) He then connected the hot wires to a sub panel in the garage (fused). To keep anyone from pulling the meter and having the A/C still run he connected a relay to the house main that connected and disconnectd the sub panel A/C.

He got away with it for all the time he lived in the house 6 - 7 years. He returned it back to the correct way when he sold the house. He offered to do it to my house, I declined.

Silver Member

The south, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 369
pot growers do that tony lmao

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14518
Grow houses get busted daily...and its usually due to people trying to generate enough "HIDDEN" electricity to keeps it all going..every trick in the book has been tried, by the best....very few people get away with stealing electricity for any length of time..

I'd do time for $10 million worth of weed, but NOT for a $400 heat bill..

Silver Member

The south, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 371
yep agree
back in the day you could get away with it

not today.

Silver Member

The south, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 374
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 39
The way they catch you if your consumption is substantially higher than it should be from your bill is by infrared (heat loss). Electricity consumed is always heat lost to the environment. That's how they catch pot growers here.

Another thing is they will become suspicious if your metered consumption suddenly drops. Unless of course you actually improved your insulation or changed your fuel source.

Honestly though, I feel it's just right to pay for something I consume even if I get upset at the increases.

You'd be better off investigating your sources of heat loss and weatherstripping all those cracks/replace the door and window seals and insulate your attic. That is usually very cost effective. If you live in the bush, you can always install a wood stove if you're willing to do the hard work of collecting, chopping and stacking the free wood you can collect (fallen trees and those felled by power companies by the road are usually free for the picking).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14539
I hate paying the exoborant Utility prices with all their BOGUS hidden surcharges and fees..and all of them always get nailed and have to make refunds back to their customers...hell , they have more surchanges and taxes than the actually usage bills....but ya got have eelctricity...there are hundreds of alternatives to lower the bills...for exapmple I use solar heat for the pool and my hot water (very cost effective)...energy saving appliances and lights ...etc...U could go on and on here..

BTW...many states have a "ON Call" program that refunds U $$$ back monthly ($18 or so), in exchange for your approval for them to deny U specific electricity for short periods of time on a rare basis..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9148
The only legal and safe method for citizens to save on electricity is to install your own solar panels or windmill and use some yourself and sell the surplus back to the utility company.

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 544
NALIN.................STILL WAITING ON THE PROOF.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
I found there is a discount program offered from pg&e called "CARE" program, they will discount 20% off the total charges every month. I think I just going to stick with it and forget about the risky Ideas.

Thank you all for the advises and comments!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Letsgo

Post Number: 16
until you can produce 1 watt for 1 dollar from a solar panel or generator ,there is no pay back, right now you get 1000 watts for 10 cents or less, that is 0.001 cents a watt from your hydro supplier if thats not cheap I don't now what is. if you are paying $400 a month , there is something you are not telling us, for example your house has to be 6000 sq feet or more with 2 a/c units or 2 electric furnaces. nice

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14583
letsgo...its not uncommon for people in the North with Electric heat and hot water, to pay $400 month in winter months...

BTW...my bill is $100 for 1000 kwz monthly...and thats no heat or AC...just normal lights, stove, dishwasher, washer/dryer, etc..for just 2 people

da..as I mentioned I use the FPL "ONCALL" program monthly and save about 15% monthly off the bill..

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 1365
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14584
aahh tomato plants...lol

Bronze Member
Username: Gwr5

Us

Post Number: 25
im an automation/electrician by trade and ive found that the best way to save on ur bill is to get another meter and swap it on fri night and back on sun night. do all ur wash on the weekend and that way ur off meter about 4to5 days a mnth it does save u money. you can find a spare meter at almost any billboard that is lit at night. there on photocells so they only wrk at night. so take it in the daytime

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 1366
Now there is a resourceful individual!!!Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Buyer2007

Post Number: 21
Is it true that it's cheaper to keep your AC/ Heater on all the time, then turning on and off?

I think it's a myth, but everyone I ask seems to think it's true.

Bronze Member
Username: 360guy

Ottawa, Ont Canada

Post Number: 59
I was going to say stop growin' pot and your bill will be smaller but I see ZULU has suggested a way to pay for those 'high' bills

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 731
you f.uckin idiots, quit answering this question. Da Neegah, take out the round meter and stick your finger on one and your tongue on the other side you fu.ucken idiot!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
For the comment about how big is my house, All I can say is that I live in north california and my house is 50 year old and 1200sq ft.

Bronze Member
Username: Cdeepak

Post Number: 17
since you guys started this topic.
I wanna share funny (True Story): happened with us back in my country 15 yrs ago when meter was easy enough to open and play around with it.

Electrician put a bigger nut around drum so it moves 4 times slower than usual.
Also as a bonus he offered us to move the digits back to cut down that month bill.

Next day we compared the numbers with previous month bill and numbers were WAY TOO BACK. (showing abt 5 months old numbers).

we called the Electrician and he was on vacation:-)(hey bhagwan)

now our MISSION was to consume abt 1 year electricity in less than a month b4 reading guy shows up.
coz remember the drum the moving 4 times slower now.

we bought 6 most powerful heaters and put on our roof running 24 hours in "July"
we also had to lot of funny things to consume electricity.
Finally right numbers showed up four days b4 reading guy showed up.

We slapped the Electrician for his stupidity once he came back. but we still "recommended him" to one of our relatives to slow down their meter.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT "That Relative had to go through the same process again"
but this time they borrowed the heaters from us:-)

=================================

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
You spent more time on heaters than the chrges on your bill

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
I mean you spent more money on your heaters than what you have to pay for electricity.

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 248
For those who live in the western part of the united states, $400.00 is pretty average. In fact, if one were to set the temp to 78 degrees around the clock, it would be higher than that. Therefore, for it to be be $400 or under, the person is probably running it at a higher temp, or not running it around the clock.

Of course I am referring to running air conditioning. Electricity is higher in this part of the US. Gas is cheaper.

Bronze Member
Username: Rafiq128

Post Number: 30
in canada, they sell a device called power savers, it reduce bill up to 30%. site is hydropowersaver.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us