Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Jbird

Post Number: 46
just a question, can i use a cable amplifier on a pansat 3500 to improve the picture. the dish is about 70 to 80 feet away. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1714
you can use a cable upto 100 feet
what kind of problem are you having?
make sure you use a RG 6 cable and that all your connections are good

Silver Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 286
The in-line amplifier will increase your signal strength for 'Long Runs' of RG-6
from the dish to the receiver. It will give a gain in your signal strength, but will also put added current draw from you receiver's power supply. The in-line amplifier (or most of them), is powered from your receiver's power supply with anywhere from 12Vdc - 18Vdc.

If you tweak the dish for the best elevation/azimuth alignment first, addition of the amplifier could improve both the signal strength and quality of your signal. Because the two go hand-hand!
Don't trust what the receiver says on 'Quality' of the signal. The software in the receiver will lie about that! A little cheap Sat meter will not!My summation get RG11 wire good signal finder or a larger dish to improve your signal.
I have had similar experiences with In-line Amplifiers.
I don't use them and don't recommend them.
They are basically useless and a waste of money
Good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1894
i would not recommend on the 3500.given the 3500 is known for their signal capacitor issue being weak.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbird

Post Number: 47
im running a dish 500 and 2 single 18 in dishes, using rg-6 cable level 80% and above quality 90%. my buddy has the same his picture looks great. also im using a toshiba hd big screen

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 432
Cartman
Your coaxial cable should be RG-6/U
make sure that the "F" fittings are good & solid
and grounded, not shorted to the center wire of the cable.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8492
Do not ask (most) Viewsats and/or Pansat 3500 to give out more power - They are usually stretched to their limits.
It would be a good idea to add an amplifier with its own separate power supply, where you feel it might be of benefit.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1715
cartman
your quality looks very good at 90%
you don't really need to do anything
forget your friend and enjoy what you ahve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help