FTA PVR help

Username: Nikeboy29

Post Number: 2
I have a friend who has a dish 500 with single lnb's not dp. Has 4 cables coming from the dish 2 x 110 and 2 x 119. 1 x 110 and 1 x 119 into a diseq and another 1 x 110 and 1 x 119 into a second diseq then both ran to a vs 7000 PVR dual tuner. 1 output from one diseq into ant A and the 1 output from the 2nd diseq into ant B. Works but gets freezing, searching singal, etc when both are plugged in but not if 1 plugged in at a time. Curious what type of switch will work.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1325
that set up is for 2 receivers.just use one switch.hook up 119 to post 1 and 110 to port 2 and hook up receiver cable,it should work fine the other 2 cables from the receiver ,leave them loose,do not hook up anywhere

Post Number: 3
the receiver is a pvr dual tuner and requires to set's from the dish to be able to record and watch at the same time.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1327
when you get a message like searching signal,normally the switch is fried.try changing the switches,and remember to always switch receiver off when hooking or unhooking cables

Post Number: 4
He said that it works fine with either diseq connected it only has problems when both diseqs are connected at the same time to both antenna inputs. He was told something about getting a 22Khz switch or possible a sw44 or dp34. Just not sure what way will work or what the best option is.

Thanks.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1331
a dp 34 will NOT work because it has 3 inputs and you need 4,try a switch with 4 inputs and 2 to 4 outputs

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 146
I wonder why a DP34 or SW44 wouldn't work? After all you only want to catch 2 birds 110 & 119 "Has 4 cables coming from the dish 2 x 110 and 2 x 119" and want to have 2 outputs? Why do you even need a 2nd dish? I am sure dp34/sw44 will work just fine. SW44 has 2 in 4 out and DP34 has 3 in 4 out

Post Number: 6
thanks vittu, he only has one dish but each lnb (110 and 119) have 2 outputs. I figured he could probably just use 2 sw21's and it should work but again I'm not too sure. I agree that either sw42 or 44 should work, not too sure about the sw34 because he doesn't have dp lnb's just legacy I beleive, unless he was to get the dp adapter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us