who has best answer...
IT guys post ur answer's here..

Silver Member
Username: Yakovaki

Post Number: 147
get the router settings ok?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2795
i am wondering about that as well

i am now thinking about getting the Nfusion instead of the dreambox. I found proof that the infusion was up and working but not for the dreambox and infusion is said to be easer to set up..

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 336
Anonymous Proxy

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2796
I am hoping tony

can you believe i am now changing to the Nfusion

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
Yes, although Dreambox is open source, you need to have linux knowledge, working within the command line etc. Nfusion is more plug and play which is more convenient for the end user hobbyist per se.

Silver Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA, M...

Post Number: 118
nfusion is a temporary solution also

Say you spent the 200$ to buy yours, then you connect your nfusion to IKS servers and may be two days later IKS servers went down, what you will do?

I will tell you >> back to the basics <<

Only two servers supporting IKS is not a big deal.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1609
sada tell us step by step how did u make your nfusion work .
i guess download the latest bin and scan and connect to internet . and u wait couple minute and here we go the picture is there.??
also what is the story about emunation on /off ??????? thanx

tell us your own experience about nfusion . i will get you an answer from an expert that i will meet today . thanx

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1212
i am using a dlink router.......
i downloaded the latest bin mannually and connected it to router...
that's it now if i wanna update... i am just using a remote and upgrade.. through the remote..
emulator off..
anything else...

Bronze Member
Username: Edlittle

Post Number: 51
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
i cannot read that.............

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
Sada, even though you are using a dlink router, the IP address the router obtained from your ISP is still traceable as it connects to the IKS server. The router simply masks the internal IP's so as to secure your internal network.

Silver Member
Username: Lolol

Post Number: 218
so whats the best way of blocking IP TOny?

Bronze Member
Username: Parranda

Post Number: 39
your ip address can always be traced. even if you use a proxy. if the right law enforcement wants to get you, they can. it is not too hard.

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
Parranda is correct, but what DN would need to do two things:

1. Successfully serve whoever/whatever is running the IKS server and grab all incoming IP's to it. (highly unlikely as the server are probably in some far off developing country).

2. Prove your IP was actually connecting to the stated server. (Without the 1st this cannot be proven)

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
yes i do think nFusion is a good idea at the moment

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

China, NC

Post Number: 65
Safe tip for nfusion owners.
When you not watchin your tv ( you going to sleep or you going to work ) well ,everytime you not watchin tv, always unplug your receiver.
And when ou ready to watch, just pug back in.
This will reduce the risk truck your IP adress..

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
i have had it up and running for about 2 weeks now without any problems (using the net adapters)

wonder if channel change is faster with direct connection (but not enough to run a wire to the box :p)

update is fast through internet

pic quality very nice using component

sound is great too

the only time my nFusion was down so far was when my internet went down for 15mins (and i gave my ISP hell about it lol)

i must say that the guide is excellent without any problems at all

ipvr works very well and can be used to record to anything on the network

but i will always have a backup for my backup of the backup's backup :p lol

im looking in to genpix (SKYWALKER 1)

320$ (i think with shipping)

USB DVB card with

bev sd
bev hd
dish sd
dish hd
(and prob gc as well but i dont use so i dont know)

setup will be using:

skywalker one usb
dvb dream (or mytheather)
plugins
emunation (im almost sure that it is still up on dn n bv)

requires a little bit of a higher learning curve but is so much more fun to play around with

i will let you all know in '08 about it and how it is outputed to the tv

***REQUIRES A FAST PC

Bronze Member
Username: Ynkr77

Post Number: 45
Nfusion has been running for 1 year and half now. I first purchased Sonicview since day one. I was going to buy Nfusion but because of exposing my addy I did not. Now I think I should buy it. These days FTA stb's are getting hit hard and coders can't come out with a full solution only temp fixes. To keep it real I am tired of updating my stb. When FTA was first released almost everyone was saying Dishnetwork was going to get you. LOL
Nfusion is the way to go besides I remember someone saying that the servers were in the North Korea. Just my 2 pennies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
still not a valid response?

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
sada....this forum is probably not the place to find a valid response my friend

i will be doing some research and when i have a response for both you and myself...i will make a new thread and post it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
www.anonymizer.com is what you want, they do not keep logs nor are they required too. No logs = safe

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
tony thanks....

what i want though is something that will work with nFusion...not just on my pc's i already have stuff on the pc....

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
Then you set your receiver to proxy out through your PC. If it does that then the PC is actually going out to the server on behalf of the receiver. Basically you need to setup an internal proxy server

Silver Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 420
FTA Tester nfuison is up and running, the best price right now is $199
http://www.cachecow.tv/shop/

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
this on how to hide you IP addy from [link removed]

this is what it says

Tor allows clients and relays to offer hidden services. That is, you can offer a web server, SSH server, etc., without revealing your IP address to its users. In fact, because you don't use any public address, you can run a hidden service from behind your firewall.
If you have Tor and Privoxy installed, you can see hidden services in action by visiting an example hidden service.
This howto describes the steps for setting up your own hidden service website.
Step Zero: Get Tor and Privoxy working

Before you start, you need to make sure:

1. Tor is up and running,
2. Privoxy is up and running,
3. Privoxy is configured to point to Tor and
4. You actually set it up correctly.

Windows users should follow the Windows howto, OS X users should follow the OS X howto, and Linux/BSD/Unix users should follow the Unix howto.
Once you've got Tor and Privoxy installed and configured, you can see hidden services in action by following this link to an example hidden service. It will typically take 10-60 seconds to load (or to decide that it is currently unreachable). If it fails immediately and your browser pops up an alert saying that "www.duskgytldkxiuqc6.onion could not be found, please check the name and try again" then you haven't configured Tor and Privoxy correctly; see the it-doesn't-work FAQ entry for some help.
Step One: Install a web server locally

First, you need to set up a web server locally. Setting up a web server can be tricky, so we're just going to go over a few basics here. If you get stuck or want to do more, find a friend who can help you. We recommend you install a new separate web server for your hidden service, since even if you already have one installed, you may be using it (or want to use it later) for an actual website.
If you're on Unix or OS X and you're comfortable with the command-line, by far the best way to go is to install thttpd. Just grab the latest tarball, untar it (it will create its own directory), and run ./configure && make. Then mkdir hidserv; cd hidserv, and run ../thttpd -p 5222 -h localhost. It will give you back your prompt, and now you're running a webserver on port 5222. You can put files to serve in the hidserv directory.
If you're on Windows, you might pick Savant or Apache, and be sure to configure it to bind only to localhost. You should also figure out what port you're listening on, because you'll use it below.
(The reason we bind the web server only to localhost is to make sure it isn't publically accessible. If people could get to it directly, they could confirm that your computer is the one offering the hidden service.)
Once you've got your web server set up, make sure it works: open your browser and go to http://localhost:5222/, where 5222 is the port that you picked above. Then try putting a file in the main html directory, and make sure it shows up when you access the site.
Step Two: Configure your hidden service

Next, you need to configure your hidden service to point to your local web server.
First, open your torrc file in your favorite text editor. (See the torrc FAQ entry to learn what this means.) Go to the middle section and look for the line
############### This section is just for location-hidden services ###
This section of the file consists of groups of lines, each representing one hidden service. Right now they are all commented out (the lines start with #), so hidden services are disabled. Each group of lines consists of one HiddenServiceDir line, and one or more HiddenServicePort lines:

* HiddenServiceDir is a directory where Tor will store information about that hidden service. In particular, Tor will create a file here named hostname which will tell you the onion URL. You don't need to add any files to this directory.
* HiddenServicePort lets you specify a virtual port (that is, what port people accessing the hidden service will think they're using) and an IP address and port for redirecting connections to this virtual port.

Add the following lines to your torrc:
HiddenServiceDir /Library/Tor/var/lib/tor/hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:5222
You're going to want to change the HiddenServiceDir line, so it points to an actual directory that is readable/writeable by the user that will be running Tor. The above line should work if you're using the OS X Tor package. On Unix, try "/home/username/hidserv/" and fill in your own username in place of "username". On Windows you might pick:
HiddenServiceDir C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\hidden_service\
HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:5222
Now save the torrc, shut down your Tor, and then start it again.
If Tor starts up again, great. Otherwise, something is wrong. First look at your logfiles for hints. It will print some warnings or error messages. That should give you an idea what went wrong. Typically there are typos in the torrc or wrong directory permissions (See the logging FAQ entry if you don't know how to enable or find your log file.)
When Tor starts, it will automatically create the HiddenServiceDir that you specified (if necessary), and it will create two files there.
private_keyFirst, Tor will generate a new public/private keypair for your hidden service. It is written into a file called "private_key". Don't share this key with others -- if you do they will be able to impersonate your hidden service.hostnameThe other file Tor will create is called "hostname". This contains a short summary of your public key -- it will look something like duskgytldkxiuqc6.onion. This is the public name for your service, and you can tell it to people, publish it on websites, put it on business cards, etc. If Tor runs as a different user than you, for example on OS X, Debian, or Red Hat, then you may need to become root to be able to view these files.
Now that you've restarted Tor, it is busy picking introduction points in the Tor network, and generating a hidden service descriptor. This is a signed list of introduction points along with the service's full public key. It anonymously publishes this descriptor to the directory servers, and other people anonymously fetch it from the directory servers when they're trying to access your service.
Try it now: paste the contents of the hostname file into your web browser. If it works, you'll get the html page you set up in step one. If it doesn't work, look in your logs for some hints, and keep playing with it until it works.
Step Three: More advanced tips

If you plan to keep your service available for a long time, you might want to make a backup copy of the private_key file somewhere.
We avoided recommending Apache above, a) because many people might already be running it for a public web server on their computer, and b) because it's big and has lots of places where it might reveal your IP address or other identifying information, for example in 404 pages. For people who need more functionality, though, Apache may be the right answer. Can somebody make us a checklist of ways to lock down your Apache when you're using it as a hidden service? Savant probably has these problems too.
If you want to forward multiple virtual ports for a single hidden service, just add more HiddenServicePort lines. If you want to run multiple hidden services from the same Tor client, just add another HiddenServiceDir line. All the following HiddenServicePort lines refer to this HiddenServiceDir line, until you add another HiddenServiceDir line:
HiddenServiceDir /usr/local/etc/tor/hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:8080

HiddenServiceDir /usr/local/etc/tor/other_hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 6667 127.0.0.1:6667
HiddenServicePort 22 127.0.0.1:22
There are some anonymity issues you should keep in mind too:

* As mentioned above, be careful of letting your web server reveal identifying information about you, your computer, or your location. For example, readers can probably determine whether it's thttpd or Apache, and learn something about your operating system.
* If your computer isn't online all the time, your hidden service won't be either. This leaks information to an observant adversary.

If you have suggestions for improving this document, please send them to us. Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
here is the link
http://www.torproject.org/index.html.en
and its on the top of the page..look for DOWNLOAD

Bronze Member
Username: Fredster

Post Number: 51
Best way is to get (and pay) an internet connection for a little old lady across the street and then leech off her connection.... they can never get you if you logged onto the net through an open wireless connection ... BTW for those concerned about the little old lady - no she can't be sued either .... the RIAA cases proved this ..... LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us