HELP: Adding a satellite

Bronze Member
Username: Wariat

Post Number: 47
on my viewsat ultra i have only 2 satellites:Echo7
and Echo 8,10. if i go to menu, and then to installation, etc.. it shows only those two. How I can add other satellites?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3166
I would sugest you go to viewsat's website and download the satfile and upload it into your receiver. here is the download [link removed]

next time you update your receiver to save youself time follow my guide

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3168
The other way would be to add each sat,be sure you name them correctly, add each transponder, use http://www.lyngsat*com/ to get all the information. It will take you about 4 hours to input all that data useing your remote..if you get one digit wrong you will miss channels...

its not a fun job much easer and smarter to use the satfile provided by viewsat

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6866
The above suggestion would apply only to a motorised dish.

To add a Sat you have to have a LNB pointing to a Dish receiving that Sat.
Usually 119 (Echo 7) and 110 (Echo 8.1) are accessible together on one Dish. You probably have that set up. You will need to add a new Dish for the Sat of your choice, and point it accordingly, and you may have to add a switch. With an existing setup of 119/110 on one Dish, you have to post your full configuration, i.e. Dish type, LNB type(s) and current switches if any, because a new Dish would integrate only with the right combo of Swiches and setup in the menu.

Look at www.lyngsat*com to see what is available over America.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us