Pansat 2500A: Keep or dump?

Username: Rohmell

Post Number: 2
I currently am using a Pansat 2500A that has been converted to a pseudo 2700 using the jvvh software. I seems to me that the latest jvvh software is hard to come by,or at least less readily available than software for, say, Viewsat, etc. I don't know how long this type of Pansat conversion will continue to be supported. My question is: should I dump the Pansat into the garbage and get a Viewsat Platinum, Xtreme, Ultra, or whatever, or should I stick with the 2500A and hope that the jvvh files keep coming?

Silver Member
Username: Psychmonster

Rhodium MemberAint nuthin ...

Post Number: 365
there seems to be several good peps that can mod a script for the 2500 conv........it becomes a doorstop when BL stops supporting the 2700 or providers switch encryption that the 1 MB cannot handle anymore

Username: Solex98

Bothell, WA United States

Post Number: 5
Dumping the Pansat 2500 and getting a VS or something else in the same class will not solve your problem. The unit you have is a clone of the most popular FTA receivers out there, but it has it's shortcomings and that's why most of us wait for a new bin to come and support it everytime there is a ECM. Being so popular is the only reason is still getting support. If you want to upgrade there are a lot of units out there that will cost you a lot more and progeamming will not be as easy as it's with your clone. For the time being stick with it....Just my 2 penny.

Bronze Member
Username: Chicken_zackary

Post Number: 36
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6586
You said: "I seems to me that the latest jvvh software is hard to come by"
The recent experience is to the contrary.
Very often the Pansat BINs have been out first and within a few hours the jvvh BINs.
Even today, we have a GC fix for Pansats and jvvh conversion BINs out. No GC fix yet for Sonicview or viewsat or C00LSATs.

Bronze Member
Username: Kilvio_25

Toronto Canada

Post Number: 14
Alex you are the man, pansat is the best unit out there and the file comes really fast thats my personal opinion

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 344
Dump

Bronze Member
Username: Sharpes84

Post Number: 60
If I buy a pansat 2700 is this better than
a 2500?I dont want to modify just buy and program it...an suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us