Auto Scan with Viewsat Extreme Created Duplicate Channels

Username: Upreferee

Post Number: 3
I did an Auto Scan with Viewsat Extreme to pick up any new channels. Not only did it pick up channels I didn't have before, it also created quite a few duplicate channels.

I could make the duplicate disappear if I would go to each channel first and then pull up the guide. Kind of tedious to do this with each channel that is duplicated.

Anyone know why this happened? How can I scan for new channels without duplicating any existing channels?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2216
Try rebooting the receiver. Turn it off with the switch in the back. My plat used to do that as well unless i deleted that sat first then did a blind scan. With the new GUI they gave us a few weeks ago mine stopped doing that.

did you do a blind scan? does the your receiver still have blind scan?

Username: Upreferee

Post Number: 4
Rebooting did not solve the problem. Even after loading the new BIN, it kept the duplicates.

Yes, it does have the blind scan option. I have not tried that one. I did auto scan since that was the one I had to do when initially setting up the receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2220
With the bin being bad now I would suggest waiting for a new bin. Then before installing the new bin doing a factory default, install the new bin, adjust antenna settings and then blind scanning each sat you can receive. Sometime a receiver just needs to cleaned up sounds like yours needs it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us