Username: Hobber96

Post Number: 1
Factory Default
Load Sat File
Re-do all Antenna Settings
Auto Scan Channels
Load New Bin File
Autoroll On

This is what I have tried. Have not had any freezing in over an hour. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kings2679

Mi, Michigan

Post Number: 12
will it work for ppv as well?

Post Number: 2
Seem's to be working for everything. I'm not promising anything. Just letting everyone know what seems to be working for me.
I had the freezing problem like everyone else when I loaded the 12-22 bin on top of old bin. So I tried doing what I did in my first post and everything seems to be ok. Hope it lasts. Just trying to help.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 935
Why go through all that when all you need to do is load v131 facory file and then put in new bin. No scanning or changing settings.

Post Number: 3
I'm just posting what seems to be working for me. Not saying u have to do it, but this is what I tried and it's working. I did'nt load any factory bin. Just did a factory default. If you think loading a factory bin will work for u, give it a shot.

Post Number: 5
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I just tried this and it's been working for a while now and I thought I'd let everyone know. I've been doing this for a long time, don't post much, but like to try and help when I can.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 251
Why auto scan channels with the factory bin installed? unless you want Free-to-air channels.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2139
I posted this guide hours ago suggesting how to fix.....worked for me

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/422451.html

Post Number: 6
It has nothing to do with missing channels or being stuck on autoroll. I never had that problem before. It was just when I loaded the new bin file released earlier today, I had freezing issues like everyone else.
So I tried doing a factory default(which erases all the channels you had scanned in and also your antenna settings) then loaded a new sat file, reset my antenna settings, auto scanned, and loaded the 12-22 bin.
It hasn't froze since I did all this. I don't know why, I'm not arguing with anyone. I just thought I'd let you guy's know what worked for me. If you don't want to do it, don't. I don't care. I was just trying to help. I don't know why it works, but so far it has. It could freeze while I'm typing this. If you want to give it a try, go ahead, if you don't, then don't.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2148
john,

Did you read my guide? i made that several weeks ago this is a commion problem when updating with these new bins losing data in the satfile.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 254
Listen up John, your on post #6 sit back and relax ther genius. You should be doing mor ereading an less posting. Scanning with the factory bin installed will get you only Free to air channels. You scan after you install the latest bin, not factory to get DN or b3v

Gold Member

Post Number: 2151
he said "factory Defalt" not factory bin.

Factory Defalt is a neat feature in a vewsat that clears all channels and antenna settings from memory.

the steps he posted are correct and the same as my guide..

hope that helps clear that up

Post Number: 7
Yes I did read it. I understand it, it makes sense and I agree with you. But I didn't do what you said exactly. I wasn't trying to. I just tried something (which I posted at the top) and so far it has been working.
I just thought I would help a little and post what I found and everybody wants to get into a pissing contest about why I did this or that.
I'm not pushing what I did on anyone or telling them they have to do what I did. I was just trying to give people something else to try rather than just say "the new file is freezing"
Some people don't even want to spend the 10 minutes it takes to get their tv going again. They just want 1 file to make everything ok and then blame the coders when it doesn't work the way they want it to. That's ok.

Post Number: 8
Hey Tony,
Don't worry about what post I'm on. I only joined this site today after I got my sat going to try and help out. Apparently you don't know as much as you think you do cause you're talking out your a*s.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2154
ok john thanks for your imput.

Most users are losing data in the satfile and antenna settings when uploading a new bin.

If you do the update process in the order you posted the data loss could happen.

Also thier is no need to rescan the sats every time you update. Takes me under 5 min to update my viewsat using the steps in my guide and I never lose channels.

I worked very hard, spent lots of hours readng many threads in several forums and found all the procedures in my guide.

Post Number: 9
It just froze. So I guess I was wrong.

Post Number: 10
FTA GUY,
I got ya. Just tried something and thought it was working but it just froze for about 10 seconds. Guess we'll have to wait for a new file.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2156
yes this newest bin is freezing even mine lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ehsankhan777

Post Number: 20
any one know how can i add a satellite on a viewsat platinum i do not see the 118 please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2157
ehsan please make a new thread. i can help you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
FTA guy,
I usually don't update this way. Normally I just put the new file on top of whatever was there before. I've never had a problem doing it this way.
This time however, with the freezing, I tried a couple different ways. With the ultra, if you do a factory default, you lose all your antenna settings and your channels. So once you redo all your antenna settings and load a good sat file you can scan without a new bin. Once you have all your channels scanned in, you can load a working bin and it will open all your channels for you.
I thought mabe by getting rid of all the remnants of old bins might help the freezing, and it seemed to for a while, but I guess not.
LOL, I just want to be able to see the Raiders tomorrow. After that, I can wait until next week for a new file. Take care.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2163
Old bins are not "stored" in a receiver. What happens is the new one over rights the old one.
When you do a "factory reset" you delete all channels and antenna settings. Factory reset does NOT delete, remove, clear, however you want to word it a "old" bin. The ONLY way to remove a bin is to upload a diferant bin into the receiver. Sometimes if a vewsat gets too messed up it is recommended to clear out a bin. What you do is install the "factory bin" then install the newest bin. "factory bin" and "factory reset" are two very diferant things.

Now hope that clears that up thanks for your imput

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Once again, I got ya. That's what I do once in a while. But I don'y think it clears everything out like a factory default (I could be wrong though) Regardless, it doesn't matter in this case and I didn't post here to argue with anyone. (Not you, I don't consider this argueing). But, I can take care of myself when it comes to this stuff. Just thought I might have had something that would've helped other people. That's the only reason I posted.

Tell Tony Soprano he's a jerk off, know knothing c*ck sucker that needs to learn to shut his mouth and listen before he critisizes people.
I don't think he know's as much as he thinks.
Typical mafia wannabe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2174
lol john I also never thought we were arguing here.....I am a very tech person and have STUDIED hard how these receivers work...I am getting a dreambox next week it looks like the answer now. That receiver is far from plug-n-play you should go look into it as well I think you would enjoy the challange

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Yeah sounds interesting. I used to write my own programs back in the DTV days. I learned assembly to try and do some original things to keep the card going longer. But once they swapped the cards it was useless. I'd love to get the source code for these receivers but it's probably never gonna happen (probably a good thing). I'm not a huge tv watcher, just a big Raider fan. Once the reg. season is over I probably won't care too much about it until next August.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2183
DREAMBOX is open source lynix driven so you can "play" more with them

http://www.ftalinux.com/phpBB2/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us