My opinion on nfusion

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1008
Hi, guys. I've had my nfusion for about a week now and thought I'd share my experience with it:

1. There is a 1 to 2 second pause when using IKS and switching between channels. If you are using EMU (not IKS) then channel switching is instantaneous.

2. Colors are vibrant. Kudos to nfusion in this respect.

3. The power supply on the unit sucks. It runs very hot and I am having issues with my disecq switch that I never had with my other receivers. I'm told this is due to noisy power (there is a capacitor fix for those who are experienced in mods).

4. Internet bin update feature saves some time when having to upgrade the bin. (Note: initially you will have to load your bin from your PC)

Overall, I'm pleased with the unit because of the high level of uptime. However, I have no EPG steaming from disecq/power problems. Maybe the Neosat has a better power supply?

Hope this helps for those interested in nfusion.

Cheers!

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2164
A few questions if you have time..

Does the receiver get DN & BEV? Does it get the FTA sats as well?
Does it have the option to control a motorized dish?

Thanks for your time and the honest report..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
The answer is yes to all. The receiver is an FTA receiver just like any other, so you have access to true-FTA sats as well as to BEV & DN with the modified bin. I do see "motor settings" in the menu.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2166
tell me more on your switch trouble....what is your lnb? is it a dish500? We might be able to fix that

Gold Member

Post Number: 1010
I have standard lnbs, so lnb type is not the issue. The issue, I believe, is diseqc command signaling getting misinterpreted, between the receiver and the switch due to noisy power. My options are: upgrade to a higher quality switch, or, reduce the noise by installing some filter capacitors.

It's really too bad about this crappy power supply issue, because I really miss the EPG.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 941
Thank You Jason!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1011
Yeah, no problem. If anyone has any comments on Neosat I'd like to hear them.

The IKS technology rocks, but I wish the receivers were better made. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a recall on the nfusion like we had with VS!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2168
thanks for the report. There was a discussion the other day comparing nfusion to dreambox. More arguments for the dreambox being the better choose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1012
Yes, I've heard the same about the dreambox.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us