How to restore lost channles ALL Receiver's

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1873
If your receiver is missing channels now do this and you should get them back

With new Bin's being released so often so many of you are losing channels during the updating process.. To save alot of time I thought I would post a few suggestions of what you should do before or during the updating process every time you upload a new bin in your receiver.

I do this each time and never have any data loss I just do it this way, in this order, and watch tv seconds after putting the new bin in my receiver not after fighting my receiver for hours or day's.

#1 BEFORE you disconnect your receiver from the TV make a note of ALL antenna settings for every Satellite you can receive. You could do this ANYTIME so its done. I have it all in nice text DOC in my computer.

#2 Download the new bin from the "home" forum for your receiver. Never pay for free info. Unzip the file and place it inside a folder on your computer named "new bin 12-03-09 or whatever the date is.

#3 Go to Viewsatusa.com or wherever on the nett you can get one and get a FRESH UPDATED copy of the satfile. Place this file inside that folder you made today.

#5 Use the Loader Program or USB drive to copy the channnel list FROM your receiver to the computer. Place that file indise the folder you made today.

#6 Use the loader Program or USB drive to install the new bin, satfile, and Channel List from the folder you made today.

#8 Connect your receiver back to TV, LNB and whatever else you normaly do.

#9 Using you notes make sure all settings are the same as before in each satallite you can receive in antenna settings.

#10 Turn it to a sat and if need be let it autoroll. Sometimes this step takes 3 min sometimes 10. If you interrupt it by changing channels it will take longer so just let it roll.

#11 Watch tv. Be thankfull it works.

#12 After using the receiver for a while go to the "home" forum for you receiver and report any Bug's or thank the coders for their hard work.

Yes their are a few extra steps here than what some people will say do they do but when these steps are done they save ALOT of time and energy fixing trouble after a data loss. I have 17 sat's scanned with 2700 channels it would take me about 5 hours to get everything back the way I like it. I am sure others will jump here and say stuff like "I never do all that and I never have troube" That is fine I am just saying if you do this you will not have trouble due to data loss or settings being wrong. It takes me about 5 min to do this each time so its not a big deal.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 538
That's how I do it and have never had to rescen to watch TV but there's one thing I don't understand:

"#3 Go to Viewsatusa.com or wherever on the nett you can get one and get a FRESH UPDATED copy of the satfile. Place this file inside that folder you made today".

WHAT FILE IS THAT??

BTW, I have a 2500>2700 and a Conaxsat Duo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1875
The satfile is a file that has all the sat's listed with the active transponders. You can eather get one from the nett or check all your sat's listed in your receiver for the correct transponders. You go to site like lgnsat and look at every satellite you can receive and make sure you have all the transponders listed and add the ones missing a long time consuming process. The length of time it would take to check all the sat's is why I suggest you just get a new list or if your receiver can do a BLIND scan..

Bronze Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 74
Its confusing. What is the file for Sats which is to be uploaded with BIN file? or it has to be loaded separately?
Please explain.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1877
just read the guide.
Then the post right under the post with the guide.

It is a separate file.

I have explained it fully in the 2 above post's.
Read them then if you are still confused post your question here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
OK I will try to explain more in detail here

You have a FTA satellite receiver. The way it works is simple.

You connect the receiver to an antenna mounted to a pole or your house. The antenna is "pointed" at a satellite located in space.

The receiver receives channels from this satellite
that are broadcast on "transponders". In order for your receiver to do this it has to know all the frequency's and settings for each transponder for each satellite you can receive. Inside the software of the receiver it uses a file commonly called the "satfile" to know the frequency and settings for each transponder on each satellite you can receive.

You can eather get a file someone else made for you on the internet with all the correct transponders listed

or

spend a few hours looking at you receiver's list and comparing it to a list found on a site like lygnsat for each satellite you can receive.

I am only in this "hobby" to watch tv so I always just get a satfile and upload it so I can be done with scanning the sat in a few minutes and watch tv.

If you have any questions please ask

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 75
So you mean satfile is separately uploaded in receiver after uploading a bin file? Sorry If I am dumb...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1885
AS I read the above post's that is what I see their.

It even say's "Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 03:42 pm:
just read the guide.
Then the post right under the post with the guide.

It is a separate file."

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1425
tamara they are separate files which you load thru your usb to your receiver.from your receiver you have the option to load the bin, satfile(channel backup). this method is easier than doing it manually.or u can do a blind scan if your receiver has this option.if u still don't understand just go to the home site of your receiver and read up on this topic.i always say before you get into a hobby learn about or you'll be shhitt out of luck and stuck like chuck.readreadreadreadreadread and then read some more.

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 76
OK got it. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 69
Heres is is in laymens terms::

Bronze Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 70
Welcome to bullcrap.com

RELATED SEARCHES
Stock Investment Research Investing In The Stock Market Online Stock Research Bulls Tickets Chicago Bull Tickets Stock Market Trading Stock Market Investing Stock Market Investment Invest Stock Market Stock Research

© 2007, BULLCRAP.COM

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 606
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:46 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:45 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest News: Dec 14 2007 4:24am EST
Viewsat files released ** FIX FOR BEV **
ALL NEW FILES: Freezing FIXED
Viewsat Extreme / Viewsat Platinum
Viewsat Ultra / Viewsat 9000 HD
Viewsat PVR 7000 / Viewsat Pro
www.fta4dummies.com Thank you!!! Oleg PHD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us