HDTV-to-laptop hookup??

Username: Steve011

Post Number: 4
Ok heres the deal. I own a Sharp Aquos 1080p HDTV. I went and got myself a new laptop this past week (which has an HD DVD rom)!! I was so thrilled aobut it since I do not have an HD DVD player. Once I opened the box, I was so bummed that there was no HDMI nor DVI output from the laptop!!!! Any suggestions on hooking it up to my HDTV without loosing much picture quality? PS. there is RGB, and S-video outputs only....

Thanks guys!

Username: Steve011

Post Number: 5
Any inputs????

Bronze Member
Username: Kingsatman

NYC, NY

Post Number: 99
You connect it like this
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 441
Seems pretty silly to have a HD-DVD drive on your laptop with no way to connect it to a TV, huh? I'm no expert, but it seems like you're pretty much SOL.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1970
­
Steve, your new laptop is not a Toshiba?

"The most striking feature of the new Qosmio is its 17-inch diagonal widescreen, full-HD liquid crystal display. This WUXGA display supports 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution, achieving true high definition and the ability to playback HD DVD content (1920 x 1080 pixel). Beyond this, the new Qosmio also integrates an HDMI output in its external interface, allowing the PC to be hooked up to an HDTV and to act as the video source for a large-sized TVs or home theater projectors."

http://www.bitburners.com/News/Blu-ray_and_HD-DVD/Toshiba_Launches_Notebook_PC_w ith_HD_DVD-ROM_Drive/
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us