VIEWSAT ULTRA PROBLEMS

Username: Dash

Post Number: 3
I have Viewsat Ultra I am having most of the channels but some of them not comming it shows "searching singal" I need help

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 70
Seems this is weather problem.I get this often when weather is not good. But if it is too regular do a complete scan once again

Bronze Member
Username: Pizza

Post Number: 33
rescan

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1495
Nash,

It is a common problem with the new bin that was just released. More than likely your antenna did not move as a result of you installing the new bin unless you have a motor. If your receiver can blind scan then do a factory reset and then make sure your antenna settings are correct and do the blind scan. If your receiver cannot blind scan make sure you have all the transponders for all sat's you can receive and scan them.

If you need help with any of these steps please let us know.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5649
Turn AutoTP off. Use the latest Channel list or manully scan TPs. Unfortunately there is no Blind Scan to solve your problem, so I am told.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1496
Did they take the blind scan off the ultra as well as the platinum ? I have not heard a clear answer on that.

Thanks for adding the info about turning off auto TP

Gold Member

Post Number: 1501
C/P from total about this problem.

Switching, Signal, A/R Problems look here
Ok I have seen many complaining about these problems. If your setup is configured correctly and you have your switch, LNB settings correct and you are still experiencing the above problems especially after loading the latest file them your problem is most likely due to a corrupted sat file. The coders have found 90% of these issues is due to this. This may happen from a bad load or bootloader version upgrade in the latest file. The coders may do this from time to time and is always identified in the release notes.

To solve your problem do the following:

Load the latest Factory satinfo file. This can be download right from the viewsatusa.com website for your specific model. Once you have loaded the Factory satinfo file do a factory default and configure your antenna settings to match your specific setup. Then finally after you are sure your settings are setup correctly scan in all your satellites.

Username: Redrum1

The famous hotel

Post Number: 7
seriously fta tester your post are ridiculous. i mean all that info for what everyone knows that bins have the tendencies to being corrupt.lol

first you sy it doesn't matter where u download the bin from they are exact same bin.now u post saying different buddy stop getting all your info from other sites and posting them here learn about fta first and stop being the king of google.lmao

THE FTA TESTER
Gold Member

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER , I WILL FIND IT FOR YOU !!

Post Number: 1488

Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 04:05 am:
Eric ,
Unless you or the something moved your dish it is still pointed just fine. Putting a new bin file into your receiver in no way could have unbolted your antenna, moved it, then bolted it back tight.

Their is only one bin made for your receiver. No matter were you download it from it is still the exact same bin.

Their are reports all over the place of receivers loosing antenna settings and transponders. Make sure your settings are correct and every transponder is correct in your receiver. Go to lgnsat and check every transponder compared to the ones in your receiver for each satellite you can receive. Then do a satellite scan and everything will come back just like before.

#1 thing here is this : IF your receiver was receiving channels before the new bin and is not now then SOMETHING changed in your settings or SOMETHING changed with your antenna. We know for sure that putting a new bin in a receiver can NOT change the antenna so it MUST be a change in your settings. The trick is to find that however small difference.

Slow down take your time and think it through while you are in the menu for settings and picture in your mind how it works...the problem should come to you......lots of luck

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5653
The FTA Tester: You asked me:
"Did they take the blind scan off the ultra as well as the platinum ?"
I presumed that was the case, but if I am wrong about it, I am not arguing.
As far as your statement regarding BINs from different sites, it is normal to expect that it is the same and it usually is. It does happen to be corrupt occasionally, but it is a very infrequent occurrence, and I agree with you that that proposition has a very low priority.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520
Thanks Nalin.

RedRum,

I have been in this hobby for a long time. I had c-band "bud" in my yard years before the FTA receivers even came out. My best friend has has his "bud's" in his yard and has done installs for satellite's for 20 years. Between the both of us we are more than qualified to satisfy anyone.

I have here now a viewsat receiver with a motorized dish receiving 20 sat's and 2700 channels. Setting up a system like that takes a lot of work reading..

I also have for the wife and kids to enjoy a Pansat 3500 connected to a dish 500 antenna getting 110 and 119.

If I use copy and paist to save time typing so what. We are often here answering the same questions over and over.

Based on your statement righ above this post you dont know much about the current troubles with this new bin. Please go to total and read up on it some before you post arguing with the known solution. I get my information from Total sure THEY ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE THE BIN FILES.

Enough said I hope

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1292
TFT don't let the trolls get to you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1526
They won't LoL

Bronze Member
Username: The_messenger

Post Number: 84
You can feed the newbies with your BS but you can not feed the TROLLS.
Tester best friend has been installing satellites
system for 20 years and Tester had a BUD in his yard
before the FTA receivers came out. Don't take my word, read two post above. Last year the
tester as his calls himself came here to find out how to install a motorized dish.
Now before someone calls me a lier read below

: Motor help
Jay
Silver Member
Shawnee , OK USA Post Number: 160
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 10:34 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Ok I need HELP

I have a 24" dish with a new motor for it. I want to get

Echostar 1/2 (148w)
Echostar 7 (119w)
Echostar 8/10 (110w) - requires 1.2m dish in Alaska/Canada/Carribbean!
Nimiq 1 (91w)
Nimiq 2 (82w)
Echostar 3 (61.5w)

I have had the motor for 2 weeks now still lost as I can be on this "true south"

why does this have to be so hard? All I read you have to a mathmation to get the answer.

please if someone knows how to help please do I am scared to start installing the motor now.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 524
Archives are a b1tch... so are call letters.... I tried to offer a word of advice back a few days ago....

Bronze Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 99
I did what the fta tester said. I did a factory file install then reinstalled the new bin. After this tp 12339 started working again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1543
Yes king I never did find out how to get that "true south BS found" I have found other way's to install the motor now....thanks for the complement...

Username: Dramitizer

Post Number: 1
Keep up the good work FTA Tester, You have helped lots of people including myself. Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 50
yes thank you TfT.....

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 262
TFT you will have to email your secret, i am having a hell of a time with true north myself as well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us