Captive Works HD 3000

Username: Bombay

Post Number: 1
Friends,

I am new to FTA and was wondering if CW3000HD is a good reciever to consider with Motorized Dish or a wave frontier totodial?.
Are BIN updates easily available for CW3000HD? or should I start with a low end FTA reciever to begin with and progress?
WHat are good FTA Recievers to consider?

Considering all the chaos about the new ECM how does the future of FTA world looks to all you FTA vetrans?

Peace

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1288
kp right now DISHNET does not offer that many channel for HD.bev offers more channels for HD.its not worth at this moment to get a hd receiver for dishnet.start off with a viewsat or sonicview.

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 700
or go with a great box for around 100 can eazy to use great support and it is a captive works cw600p and for 20 dollars cheaper you can get cw600s but the cw600p got more to offer then the cw600s both got great support and both are eazy to us just buy and load newest bin out and watch tv in my eyes cw got best bang for your doller

Silver Member
Username: Frobi

Guelph, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 102
I definately agree with Bruce. Easy, cheap and quick support.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1509
I would agree too. Go with a cheaper viewsat model for now. I like the viewsat better they will ID the sat their antenna is pointed at making it much easer to install and use.

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 the best LNB ).....and your receiver

Their are 31 sat's out their with programing on them with over 2500 channels you can get with a clear sky and that set up......This set up includes all of DN, all of BEV and ALL the True FTA sat's that are "in the clear" all the time no bin needed.

Cost is around $150 and set up is very easey most times easer than all the switching required with using 2 dishes to just get a few sat's...

If you decide to get the motor set up come in here before you start the install and I can give you step by step instructions on how to set it up in around 2 hours from unboxing the stuff to watching tv.

Username: Extremex

Post Number: 7
DN offers more HD then Bev. Especially if you consider all the local markets in HD that you would pick up.

Post Number: 4
Thank you all for your valuable inputs...
I will go with a Cheaper reciever now & switch to HD as I have more experience & DN offers more HD programming

THE FTA TESTER, I will definately contact you as I am planning on getting dish with Motor

Post Number: 6
How to get Updates for CW receivers are updates available for CW 3000? or only for non HD models?

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 712
if you go to complete dot com you will see the filles and you need to by a nother piece for around 200 all fta hd boxes need this other pice to work some kind of moudgoulater

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
CW3000 HD is not your average STB. Its a PC base running Linux. So having knowledge of Linux is a plus, but not a requirement.

Also to receive DN HD and any FTA box will require additional hardware.

Post Number: 7
I know Linux, but apart from that need to know as much details as u can provide, any links to other websites & the hardware that you are referring

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
F2ATV is has a section devoted to the box. The site is overloaded at the moment. I will try to find another site for you.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 266
info on the box
www.captiveworks.org/forum/index.php

Bronze Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA

Post Number: 28
THE FTA TESTER,

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 the best LNB ).....and your receiver

I want to setup this, could you tell me where is the guide,

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Why not start your own thread, rather than hijacking this one?

Bronze Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA

Post Number: 30
Hijac king???

ooops,

sorry

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5696
What do you think of this email I got today from totalfta?

from TotalFta Admin <http://pansat8psk.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us