Viewsat pro Help!

Silver Member
Username: Simikang

Post Number: 144
okay guys i am stumped for once, i just bought a viewsat pro and a sonic view 4000, i updated my 4000 via usb and it worked, and now im setting up my viewsat pro from scratch. i chose the satelites and all and have channels. when i go menu installation and upload usb it says err on the reciever, when i go do it through the serial cable it says cannot connect to com port 1 i know for a fact that it can and i have always updated recievers from the same port and clues on how i can update this one. i dont have a hard drive its just the reicever.}

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
okay i got it connected to port one it was a speed problem, now when i hit upload its saying reset your stb's and wont upload or anything just an Information message i cant close it or anything

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
someone anyone??????

Username: Stamps

Post Number: 3
I only have a viewsat pro did you get it working

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5238
Sim kang : You should be able to upload the latest file from Totalfta site using a USB drive, exactly the same way as doing it on the Sonicview 4000. And you must extract teh file before using it. You should see which USB port is active for input and which one is for recording.
You should not need the cable for BIN upgrade although it is possible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
this is what happens when i get it through the usb, i select the front, and i got to the menu it says upoad s/w and upload channels then on the bottom it says upload s/w --->usb and upload channels ----> usb and i click upload s/w usb root file and all and it basically says its done it doesnt show me whitch file it took and i check the product information and its still the file from august and the reciever actually put a new file onto my memory disk and renamed it

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
i fixed it
someone from ftabinsnet helped me told me to do this

Power Member

Rep Points: 45
Just Some Guy is known to some

Default Re: vspro trouleshooting factory fresh

Try formatting your usb stick fat32 & copy only the .all file onto the stick. Insert into your receiver & then flip the rear switch off & back on & the file will update itself

and it worked i just left it and it updated automatically

Post Number: 4
I did what you said and still mine is still not giving PPV.

I then went into Update software list and it showed 3 in a list I hit the one that was the new Bin file it said loading program do not turn of is this what you did?
Its working

It also showed a ODS7810PVR_V0104.OPT FILE
AND A ODS7810 PVRT_Channel.OCH FILE
any idea what these files are

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
its what was on your reciever before like the factory files. if its just ppv then make sure you have the newest bin file dated nov 24

Post Number: 5
Yes I have the lastest file it is all working now I am interested if they way I did it was right?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5240
I am not sure what you all are expecting.
The file has to load andthen you still have to do antenna setup and scan. This is a good thread to read.

[link removed]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us