Help loading bin.

Bronze Member
Username: Lovadnun

Post Number: 20
I have a fortec star that has been converted. I've downloaded the file CS_224T_Lightning_100t_Series_serial and attempted to upload it using Blacklist STB Updater. I'm using a USB to serial cable. I've followed the instructions but when I get to the portion that states "write bin" it freezes at 0. Can someone please help.....thanks in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Batjc

Post Number: 48
the bin has to be load at the same moment the box start flashin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I've turned the box off from the back...do I turn it back on then hit "write bin"? Also I'm using comp port 3, is that correct because, 1,2,and 4 sys "can't open serial port"

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 443
Deri A, port 3 is fine. Try to hit "write bin" and turn "on" your receiver at almost the same time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Okay, I done a factory reset, turned the box off from the back. I've now connected my usb to my laptop....the other end i've connect to rs 232 cable thats connect to my fortec star. I opened the CS_224T_Lightning_100t_Series_serial, opened 2500-2700 Serial Updater v1.0 and selected port 3. I went to select bin and selected the appropriate one. Now here's my problem...I click STB MODE, then turn on the box from the back and click write bin at the same time. The progress stays on zero. Could it be my cable or should I select the bin that says "CS_224T_FS-LifeTime-Ultra - Flash 1(29LV800BTC) - JTAG"

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5179
Deri A: You can't use the full jtag fiel with serial load. You have ot use jtag cable.

Your problem lies in USB to serial converter. They are painful to use particularly with WIN XP automatic installation. If you have a driver CD that came with it, use the drivers in your CD. You will probably have to uninstall first and then when installing again, you will say you have the drivers and use the drivers in the CD.
If the CD has automatic install, even better for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks....thought that might be a problem. I using an IBM Thinkpad that does not come with a CD rom drive. When I insert the usb...it takes me to the Found new hardware wizard...but i can't input the cd that it comes with. Will I need an external drive or is there any other way to install it?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5183
Can you go to that next door neighbour student who has a desktop for his homework? You will find a 9 pin Male outlet on most desktops. You connect a straight DB 9 RS 232 cable and you will be connected on Com port 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Okay what might I be doing wrong? I've gotten the usb to serial adapter installed properly but when i attempt to load the new bin it stays at 0%. I've tried using FortecStarSTB, 2500-2700 Serial Updater v1.0, and Blacklist Loader 1.4. Can someone please guide me in the right direction.

Username: Haboosh

Post Number: 5
Me 2 Deri A can someone help us please i've been reading for 3 houres now and iam tired someone help!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Damdoom...I've finally found out how to do it. I'm using a usb to serial cable. went to FTA PRO SUPPORT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us