Way around copy right problem to copy VHS to DVD

Username: Bmanflyer

Post Number: 3
I just got a Liteon LVC 9015G DVD & VCR recorder and want to transfer my old VHS movies to DVD but I keep geting a copy right fault and it stops recording. Anyone know a way around this ?

Anonymous

Your unit is doing what its supposed to do, that is, block copying of any analog Macrovision encrypted tape. You need to copy the tape onto a computer hard drive, then use a program to strip out the copy protection. What did you expect?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1928
Older Lite On recorders could be easily hacked to remove macrovision. Do a search for yours and see.

osaka35
Unregistered guest
ahh, there are some jerks out there, don't let them get to you. i've recently gotten the same model, and it would seem we might have to wait. there are definetely ways to remove the "macrovision" copy-right protection junk, but it would seem there needs to be a firmware update first, so it CAN be hacked. ours is the latest version, i believe, so firmware has not been released yet. it may be similiar enough to other models so we can fix it, but we may have to wait. do you know what firmware is?

Username: Matti

Atascadero, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Has anyone used the Clarifier Classic to remove copyright protection from VHS Tapes? If so, what comments can you give me. I am considering buying one, but I want to hear any comments for or against the product.

Username: Matti

Atascadero, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Has anyone used the Clarifier Classic to remove copyright protection from VHS Tapes? If so, what comments can you give me. I am considering buying one, but I want to hear any comments for or against the product.

Username: Djpatc

Post Number: 3
There is a device you can buy that will allow you to get around Macrovision on VHS tapes and DVDs. It's called GO DVD and it's from Sima. If you purchase this device and run your VCR/DVD output signal into it, then run the output signal from the GO DVD to your DVD recorder, it will bypass the Macrovision and allow you to record. It is a relatively inexpensive device and it works well.

Username: Bmanflyer

Post Number: 5
Thanks osaka35 for your replie. Yep I know what firmware is and I have searched everywere and i think you are correct we will have to wait for a update

Username: Lowrider89

Easton, MD United States

I have purchased a Sima CT-200 and a Magnovox MWR 10d6 (DVD Recorder). I have a Sony VHS player, connected the CT-200 between the two and am recording a vast collection of commercial VHS tapes to DVD. However, I am getting the error message & cannot record on approx. 50% of the tapes. I thought that the CT-200 was supposed to be 99% effective in getting past the copy protection. Any thoughts?

Username: Sddjs

I have a toshiba dvd vcr combo unit I am tryig to send the signal out of the s-video jack and into a projector mounted about a 1oo feet away when I play the dvd all i get is scrambled lines.
Any toughts besides get a new player that is not a combo unit. All I have ran to the projector is a s-video cable and svga cable.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 64
First see if your s-video cable is defective.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3378
The DVD may be on progressive scan. If so, turn it off.

Username: Hdgurl68

Des moines, Iowa United States

ok i bought a sima ct-200 for my father in law. I bought it off of e-bay and did not recieve any manuals/book with it. I recieved 1 power cord and 1 other cord with yellow ends. Is this all I need and what is the proper way to hook this up? the most logical does not work. I need the most easiest way in words to know. Can someone please help me so I can help my father in law

Gold Member

Post Number: 3821
Connect RCA cables from the audio out of the VCR to the audio in on the DVD recorder, then connect the video out of the VCR to the in on the Sima and the out of the Sima to the in on the DVD where the audio is connected. Set the DVD recorder on whatever input you used. If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels until you get to the right input.

Username: Bretts578

You will need a DVD Recorder, and, Grex to transfer your VHS media to DVD.The copy protection I speak of is the macrovision that is causing you not to be able to get good copies of the VCR tapes.I bought a GREX (macrovision remover) for the same purpose http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html

Username: Cheney

Post Number: 2
What an amazing application! Just more practical than what I had thought. Actually I've tried many converters.
Most of them is just so so,and here I would like to recommend the best one I have used.
That's Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac!
http://www.auncam.com/aunsoft-mtsm2ts-converter-for-mac
You may have a try. I think you will like it!

Username: Natelivliv

Alger, 14 Algérie

Post Number: 7
VHS Macrovision protection usually shows up as varying brightness levels on your monitor. Running it through a modulator probably wouldn't help.
There are devices to block Macrovision, some cheap and some expensive. Most difficult to find.

I didn't know Macrovision was on UK VHS also. Combo units are probably the worst choice when dealing with copy protection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us