Pansat 2700A 218 Bin Working but with Issues

Username: Jatmobile

Post Number: 3
Everything is working fine... all channels are working but every 20 - 30 minutes or so, regardless of channel being viewed, the "scrambled or bad channel" message comes on for about a minute or so an then everything restores. Are everyone having this problem?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13182
No 2 receivers are exactly alike...same may get that...some may not.

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1182
No, all is working fine here .... read what LK is saying ... "No 2 receivers are exactly alike...same may get that...some may not."

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4331
"No 2 receivers are exactly alike..."
That is NOT the right explanation in this case.
The 218 BIN has some problems irrespective of the original receiver you started from. These are related to the BIN and the memory usage.
Occasional reboots occur, changing from one sat to other causes occasional problems.
jvvh has stated very clearly that there is not enough memory and was looking for help to do some software juggling to release 10K of memory.
Even the clones with more memory will have identical problems because the extra memory is (as of now) not utilised by jvvh's software.
Most of the problems you see are from the bIN and the memory overlaps - particularly if you have too many channels and their EPG.
I am confirming this from theory, from understanding jvvh and from testing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13187
AV...I guess then U are having this "reboot" problem too, but just don't know it...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
yea .. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4338
LK: You are at it again. YOU DONOT HAVE A CONVERTED RECEIVER, SO YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 117
i have a converted original and its working fine with 218

Silver Member
Username: Espn3

Post Number: 119
there is no GC on my FLU converted to Pansat 2700 and jvvh_218_pT bin. Anyone got GC with this bin ? thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13202
nalin...don't start with me, as U already did by trying to discredit my statement that "no 2 receivers are alike"..

U do not have a converted receiver...U have NO idea what I have!,,,but AV does have a converted receiver, and is NOT experiencing what U say all are, due to the bin and memory size...and neither are many other people....thats hogwash!

again , no 2 receivers or any electronic pieces will always react the same way!...plain and simple

Bronze Member
Username: La_estrella

Post Number: 16
I converted my Pansat clone and a FLU for a friend with this procedure (not my authoring):

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 02:02 pm:

1. Open/Run the Blacklist updater included
2. Make sure BIN is Selected not BOOT you are writing a Bin
3. Click select BIN
4. Choose j27_205_1.bin
5. Reboot reciever, on first light/dash, Click write bin. let it write
When it is done, Be PATIENT!!!! let it reboot after 2-3 minutes you will see B-75 Flash on display of reciever.
6. Click select BIN
7. Choose jvvh_209_1.bin
8. Reboot reciever on first light Click write bin. let it write. let it reboot after 1 minute you will see B-75 Flash on display of reciever.
9. now Rewrite your Channel list back, BUT, BIG BUT, you must now select the 2700 settings in Channel master.
10. reconnect to Tv, select default key from parental options(key menu) let it roll
11. wait for next round

-------------
When I converted that was for the jvvh_215, then same procedure (without the conversion) for the jvvh_217 and for the latest jvvh_218, everything
is working fine.
-----
My first conversion tryout failed because I didn't followed the instruction to the letter. Then I did and everithing was as explained.

---- An additonal tip ---
Backup your channel list before upgrading bins or use (yuur already personalized and working channel list like I always do), that way you can put it back after upgrading, and you don't need to rescan.

Regards

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 137
Upgrade works well. it seems you get faster scans

Gold Member

Post Number: 4349
LK: Shut up
For months you have been badmouthing Pansats. Now suddenly there is a lot of activity in the Conversion thread and you have got interest. You are only interested in getting noticed and people saying thank you to you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13216
be civil ...U are nasty!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13217
be civil ...U are nasty!

BTW...I haven't complained about U copying/pasting my posts word for word...so u owe me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4351
LK:
You do not know how to write.
You do not know most of the subjects you are writing about.

I would not even dream of copying your stupid posts.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13229
nasty bi*tch...starting and wanting trouble..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4357
LK: You can use all the profanity you want to use. If will only prove what I have been saying - that you do not know the subject matter and go into profanity when challenged.
About time you took your pills

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13234
blow me and STFU...here u go again...U are the one needing meds...U started this crap again!...U act like a 2 yr old!

Bronze Member
Username: Hicham

Post Number: 70
please some one could tell me from where can i get the Channel master.
thankxxxxxx

Bronze Member
Username: Hicham

Post Number: 71
please some one could tell me from where can i get the Channel master.
thankxxxxxx

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1510
just google it,
ftabins
ftaprosupport.c0m
many sites have it.Look at LK's reputable sites thread.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13242
www.sharpc.com for channel master

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 41
Hi guys,

I have VSXtreme and Pantec v1 converted to PS2700. I have 2 dishes one pointing to 119 and the other to 148 and I have hooked the two receivers via two diseqc swithes. Now the problem:

Before conversion, if the two receivers were on, receiving signal from the same sat, both would work fine, otherwise one will freeze. But when one was turned off with remote,other would work on both sats without any problem.

Now after conversion, even when one is turned off with the remote, other will only work on the same sat where the first receiver was turned off.e.g if receiver one was turned off on a channel from sat 119, other will only receive 119. Wondering why before conversion each receiver was working on both sats when one was off and now each works on one same sat that the other (turned off receiver) was receiving. Thanks for your input.

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 74
My receiver was working fine with the previous bin, now with the new bin it freezes up on any channel and quality will drop to zero. I hope They come up with a better bin soon...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
da-neegha,

Receiver and bin name?

Bronze Member
Username: Tausif

Post Number: 27
have Pansat 2700A (original receiver). BIN file "X-87BL_071023_B75_218_api_1" downloded successfully, but the box is not booting. What I see is just the "_" moving left to right. I did not rush to close the loader programe untill I saw "down load is completed" message. I connected the box with cable and TV but got blank screen. The led on Pansat box just show moving "_". What I have done wrong? Need help. Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1239
Tausif Khan,

It looks like you did something wrong and got knight rider lights. Please load the BOOT FILE for Pansat 2700 followed by the FACTORY BIN for Pansat 2700. Then, load the latest working bin for Pansat 2700.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
AV,

Few questions..
Where from I can get BOOT FILE
Factory BIN means Factory setting?
Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1242
You can get the BOOT file at www.ftabins.net

FACRORY BIN is a default bin that all Pansat 2700 come with when you buy them from the dealers. That will will restore everything on your box. All the files that you need are available at www.ftabins.net

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Thanks A LOT AV!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1250
you're welcome

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
AV,

At your mercy again. Could not find BOOTFILE.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1257
Tausif Khan,

Leave this boot thingi aside, and load any of the previous bins.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
AV,
Do you mean reload bin file "X-87BL_071023_B75_218_api_1"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1260
No, any previous bin for Pansat 2700 other than "X-87BL_071023_B75_218_api_1".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
AV,
This is what I should do?
1. Any Previous bin
2. Factory bin
3. X-87BL_071023_B75_218_api_1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
AV,

This is what I should do?
1. Any previous Bin
2. Factory Bin
3. The latest Bin "X-87BL_071023_B75_218_api_1"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1263
First try the FACTORY BIN, if no luck, then try any previous bin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
AV,

Factory Bin downloaded. Now I can see "On" on my box. Should I go for the latest bin "X-87BL_071023_B75_218_api_1"
Thanks for your patience.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13273
Khan ...if U are 100% positive its a genuine 2700...and not a clone 2700, then YES now upload the 218...recheck the antenna settings , and set deafult key, autoroll ON, and wait while latest keys autoroll in.

U know U can upload the clone 2700 bin (218 v1 w tivo) on both a clone 2700 and a genuine 2700, and its much safer, just in case U do have a clone and NOT a genuine receiver 2700 ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
LK,

I am back to square 1. When download 218 box started again night rider display " - - - ". I am sure it is genuine 2700A. Do you have a link for 218v1 w tivo? Will I get an explosion if this file is uploaded to a genuine? I am just frusted. Anyway thanks a lot for taking interest in my enoying problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
LK,
How I would know my box is not genuine?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13278
U are getting Nite rider lights cause U are NOT uploading the bin correctly......shut off receiver with rear switch...using BL v 1.4 loader opened up and bin 218 already selected, hit download, NOW turn receiver on with rear switch...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
LK,
I did that as you suggested but this S.O.B. is still showing Nite rider..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1269
Tausif Khan,

Re-load the factory bin to fix the knight rdier lights. Then, load the clone safe bin for Pansat 2700. The clone safe bin will work on both the original and the clones.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Thanks AV, I will do that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4363
Tausif Khan:
LK said: "..using BL v 1.4 loader opened up and bin 218 already selected, hit download,"
First of all, LK is extremely bonkers suggesting you use BL v 1.4 loader on a Pansat 2700 to upload the bIN 218!! You have to use the 27.02 uploader.

You are having issues with the 218 upload. My suggestion is to forget the 218 andgo vor an upload of Tivo or Vortex 218 BIN using their appropriate loaders.

Bronze Member
Username: Sting77

Post Number: 27
hi nalin nyda how are you doing need your help
i have pansat 2500. Is there any fix or what should i do to get my echo3 channels back
thanks for you cooperation

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Nalin Nyda,
I have the following now:
Bin File -> Pansat-C 2700 218v1 Tivo.zip
Loader -> Pansat-C Loader 27[1].02 version-2.zip
I appreciate your help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13287
I stand corrected...was thinking of pansat 2500 and 2700 conversion when I said BL v1.4 loader, since so many posts about that here lately...my mistake...for 2700

clone 2700...need Clone loader 27.02
genuine 2700...need genuine 27.02 loader

But the rest of my previous post is 100% correct..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Nalin Nyda,
Do I need a different password for Tivo 218 bin file. If yes then what it would be? I remember it used to be 0000 after BIN file download.

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
LK,
Thanks a Lot!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13288
Dish a/r bug fix
For Our Beta Testers!

USE FILES AT OWN RISK

[link removed]

Please Read Carefully Below

New bin for Clone 2700's and Originals.
This bin fixes the autoroll issue and PPV.

Please Set Default Keys after loading.

Password = dInErO ...case sensitive

Pansat-C 2700 218v1 Tivo.zip

BTW...clone 27.02 loader is also here...as well as all clone files, loaders ...and converted 2500-2700 files...
http://www.dsscommunity.co*m/forums2007updatednewurl/viewforum.php?f=34

Gold Member

Post Number: 4366
Tausif Khan: Don't worry about pin codes. You can use
0000, 1668, 1010
LK has corrected her mistake and given you the right advice now. The clone Pansat 2700s have different loaders. You can get them at many sites including
[link removed]
[link removed]

Make sure you ignore the jvvh and conversion stuff. That does not apply to you. I think you should spend about 2 hours reading about the whole thing and similar problems of others and then attempt to load the clone 218 BIN using the clone 2700 loader 27.02 Tivo loader.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13290
I am a male...not a "she"...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Folks,
No matter what I do I can't get rid of Nite Rider disp on my Pansat 2700A. I did download C 2700 218v1 Tivo.zip too, but no progress.

Bronze Member
Username: Boling

Post Number: 15
I NEED HELP!

I loaded the new BIN file for Pansat 2700a i'm getting all channels except INDIAN channes.. what can I do?

Bronze Member
Username: Laurad

Post Number: 34
Hi, Just converted my 2500A to 2700, I used j27_205_1 bin the loaded jvvh_208_1 bin, now do I use bin jvv 218 or what been is needed nex?
Thanks. Fried on 2500A and I believe it or not had 2, so trying not to kill this one
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Laurad

Post Number: 36
HI, re-read the instructions from AV, I am going to do a factoryfirst the bin number I have is bin 2700A_060526_115_Api Bin,is this correct one for 2500A when I am converting to 2700.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4415
As per latest information, I have, you should convert using the jvvh 208 BIN and then install jvvh 218 BIN. DO NOT use genuine Pansat 2700 BINs.
There is jvvh 219 out, but I have not installed it yet.
jvvh 218 is working with manual key entry. The jvvh 219 is supposed to fix this autoroll problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4426
Further information:

The jvvh 218 BIN autorolls well but requires manual input of two or three numbers.
The jvvh 219 bin is reported to have a glitch. In at least some cases, it auto-rolls on DN but not well on BEV. Please note that the same problem was present in the genuine Pansat 2700 '" 219 BIN and a 220 version of that .bin has already been released. We should expect that jvvh 220 will be out soon.

Any defficiency in the jvvh BIN is probably from the defects in the bL BINs and/or new minor ECMs that are being put. Currently it is just key morphing, which has been addressed by BL 220 and will probably be addressed in the jvvh 220 when it comes out.

Gold Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 1082
the 219 bin is working fine do not set the default key

Gold Member

Post Number: 4439
I have now tested and I agree with James MIllard that the jvvh 219 BIN works well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us