HDTV Basic cable and antenna hook up.

Username: Skon1212

Post Number: 1
Ok I am new here and this may have already been answered and if it has point me in the right Direction. I just bought a 1080i Hitachi Plasma TV with all 3 tuners built in. I also purchased a Phillips amplified HD antenna for inside the house. The antenna had the built in cable and antenna inputs with a selector switch. When I hooked it up, the pic looked like crap an both modes(cable and antenna switched from the antenna). Many double images. The route I went was. Cable from the wall into the antenna, out to the DVD/VCR, into the DVD/VCR, out to the TV. I disconnected the antenna and the picture looks ok, a little fuzzy, but that is to be expected. Several people have said that a set top antenna is fine in my neighborhood. Is there a better way to set it up with a set top antenna? Maybe an A/B switch, but then I have heard that gives you the fuzzy pic because the 2 sources are too close. I channel scanned using cable but not air. Could that make a difference? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1734
i dont think u can run it through something that isnt HD. U are only as strong as ur weekest link.

Connect the cable tv in to antenna, antenna in to the coax connector in on ur tv. I think. I havent had an antenna that had inputs on it before, but I bet that will do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us