Satellite Help

Username: Popemogoth

Dallas, Tx US & A

Post Number: 2
I use to keep up with the FTA. I have a fortec star it's an older model. Does anyone know of any site you could refer me to so i can read about what's new and how to set up my dish(which way to point etc.... I'd like to know about what box I need now since mine is from 2005. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 549
check these sites out.good luck

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/393425.html

Bronze Member
Username: Joonkadanmon

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 25
help anyone? tried dpwnloading bin files, dont know whatr I did wrong. Box fails to rebooth or downlaod, itdisplays the the digit{5} ? help please, did I FRY RECEIVER?!!!!!

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 556
more info.what box,setup,file

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12759
sounds like he's trying the 2500-2700 conversion...#5 stuck, and not waiting for 30 seconds..

Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Converting Procedure

First, here's a list of things that you need:

- RS 232 female-female Straight Cable
- A Pansat 2500 remote control

Instructions/Procedure:

- Please turn OFF your receiver and disconnect it from the satellite & the TV cable
- Connect your receiver to your computer using RS 232 female-female Straight Cable
- Now open the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please select the "BIN" option on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now please select the correct "COM" port on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.
- Now, please click the "Select Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please look for the "j27_205_1.bin" file and click on it
- Now, please turn ON your receiver and as soon as you see the first "dash light" on your receiver's front panel, click the "Write Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please wait and let the bin download process complete
- When it's done, your receiver will REBOOT automatically and soon you'll see B 7 5 flashes back and forth on your receiver's front panel
- Now, please close the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0 window
- Please turn OFF your receiver
- Now re-open the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please select the "BIN" option on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now please select the correct "COM" port on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.
- Now, please click the "Select Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please look for the "jvvh_215 file and click on it
- Now, please turn ON your receiver and as soon as you see the first "dash light" on your receiver's front panel, click the "Write Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please wait and let the bin download process complete
- When it's done, your receiver will REBOOT automatically and soon you'll see B 7 5 flashes back and forth on your receiver's front panel

- That flashing B 7 5 will stop and freeze on number 5 for 30 seconds

- After 30 seconds or so, your receiver will automatically boot (It'll turn ON automatically, after 30 seconds)
- Now, please turn your receiver OFF and disconnect it from your computer
- Finally, please connect the satellite and the TV cable to your receiver
- That's It, you're done! Now, you have a Pansat 2700 Clone
- Finally, download the latest bin to your receiver (Read my Bin Loading Intructions file for help)

Note: After you finish with the above steps, you have to re-scan your satellite(s). After you're done with that, you have to enter the latest keys (Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu). Here's what you need to do after you re-scan your satellite(s):

- Go to MENU
- Then, go to Parental Control
- Then, go to Second Pin and enter 0000
- Then, go to Set Default Key
- Then, go to Nagravision 2 to enter the latest Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu keys

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 558
thanks lk. i have a clone 2500 which i will convert to 2700 this weekend.i will let you know how it turns out.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 895
Thanks LK for putting the instructions up! .... lol ... and RTAP .... good luck with ur conversion .... lol ....

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 562
i will be laughing out loud when this conversion kicks my asssssss this weekend.lmao

Username: Tony2007

Spring, TX US

Post Number: 1
I am new, I have a pansat 2700 receiver but I do not know how to make it work. Please can some one help me step by step how to do it. Thank very very much

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 26
Folks, I need help badly, I have a pansat 2700a, the thing worked for a few months then stopped. I attempted to download new bin files for dish network. Then all of a sudden the receiver refuses to booth, when it powers up, it cycles 6/ 7 and stays on 5, it says(5) THATS IT!, it does nothing else. Did I fry the receiver? if not, what have I done wrong?, how can I fix the problem? and can some one please instruct me how to download the BIN all over again and keys etc I've been frustrated for a week now. Thanks very mucy in advance thanks again folks!

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 27
one more thing, why am I having trouble seeing the responses to my post? lawd am having issues with even that, am sure my kind satellite buddies will educate me though, lord I have a great learning curve here lol!

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 28
Tuan, seems we are in the same boat, hope LK is on, he has a handle and all this stuff. good dude

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 29
tuan you there?

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 563
joonka what file did you try to down load.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 34
RTAP I dont remember at it was a few weeks ago, it was one of the bin files using winzip

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 35
RTAP, it seems I dont have a handle on how to properly download the bin file business am new at this, however the receiver refuses to reboot, when it is turned on it cylese through 6/7 then stays on displaying 5?

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 565
try loading the factory bin then loading the current bin.

these are the current files out

2500-revised JWH 215ptd-1.zip
2700-x87bl 071009 b75 217 api.zip
2800-x88bl 071009 427 eubx api.zip
3500-x05bl 071009 332 api.zip
5000-x95bl 071008 3128 api.zip
6000-x6095bl 071008 3158 api.zip
9000hd-hd9000bl 071009 9020 api.zip
9200hd-9200bl 071009 9207 api.zip

all available at future-fat*info
or at ftabins*net replace the * for .

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 36
will try to locate file on pc, to tell you excatly what file?, why cant I see your responses instantaneously, think this posting business is giving me trouble too LORD.. TAHNK IN ADVANCE rtap

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 567
joonka word the wise do not post the same question in different threads its not necessary.eventually some one will help.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 37
RTAP, here is what I believe the root of my problem is, I believe I lack the basic understanding of the bin loading process and this is where I screwed up. Please give me the basic on where and how to load bin properly receiver is currently attached to computer thanks

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 38
thanks RTAP, will take advice on posting thank you and thanks again for your help to this point

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 568
step 1 connect rs 232 null modem cable to pc and stb
step 2 open loader v27.02
step 3 in the loader press bin and select x87bl 071009 b75 217 api.zip
step 4 press download and wait till complete is displayed.
remember you must unzip or extract all files from the zip folder.

good luck

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 39
thanks RTAP will try this out

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 575
your welcome.keep me posted.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 908
RTAP ... lmao .... first load all the files that r in the conversion kit THEN load the latest bin.

Bronze Member
Username: Realtorkim

INDIANA United States

Post Number: 23
Hi AV, You guys are definitly making me laugh today.
Hi joonka, I was going through same thing about a year ago with a original FLU. (Thanks AV) Now pansat 2700 clone.
I don't want to be rude in anyway, The best advise everyone will give you is Point, Click and Read. Visit other sites(Links posted previously) check out the info for your STB box. File section how to's are really good. LK instructions for bin are to a T. Please read LOL.
Sorry, couldn't help it.

Good Luck though, you will get there sooner than you think.

Respectfully,
Kimberly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us