Extremeview Magnum XV-3300

Username: Cb1000

Post Number: 10
Is the Magnum still a good reciever with good support?
Thinking about getting one there going cheap on ebay some less than $100

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12452
I use to recommend it, the extremeview...but the support has been very "shaky" and the bugs really haven't all been worked out as quickly as they were promised..if money is a VERY big issue , then get a CW premium or a Coo*lsat 5000

1st...stay away from ebay...there are too many fake/clone receivers out there and shaky sellers, especially on ebay!

I recommend u buy from a reputable dealer like [link removed] ...then u have recourse if u have problems, plus they are VERY well respected..and support many Dss satellite site forums..

As far as receivers I recommend one that has USB capabilities with a USB flash drive...then U have no hassles with cables and moving receivers whenever u need to upload files...and U have NO communication problems bewteen the receiver and most USB only computers now...

I recommend a Sonicview 4000 for $159...its well worth it and the extra few bucks over the $100 U mentioned..or the Viewsat Ultra ...and both are USB ready with great features and software support!...and all their info and manuals and help forums are available at www.totalfta.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12453
BTW...I have heard the Extremeview is no longer being made also..

Bronze Member
Username: Cb1000

Post Number: 11
I had a Coo*lsat 5000 for a while now and I'm happy with it
just looking for something better at a good price.

Is there anything for HD out yet?

Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12459
there are a few...that I wouldn't buy yet...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us