Funeral hymm for 2500A..new it was coming !! BL buries it !!

Bronze Member
Username: Psychmonster

Chi town, Il USA

Post Number: 72
In Regards of the Pansat 2500a Fix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We would like the Pansat 2500A users to be aware support for this unit will be longer to update then anticipated due to the lack of the flash Rom memory . If users do not wish to wait we would suggest to upgrade your units. Note the 2500A will be supported but in time the units (2500A) will phase out be and remembered as the...."Pansat Work Horse" .

2500a Flash Memory 1 MByte 5 years supported
2700a Flash Memory 2 MByte
2800a Flash Memory 2 MByte
3500s Flash Memory 2 MByte
250sm Flash Memory 8 MByte Seven times more the space of the 2500a
5000 Flash Memory 4 MByte
6000hxc Flash Memory 4 MByte
9000 hd Flash Memory 8 Mbyte Seven times more the space of the 2500a

Regards,
TeamBlackList

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 306
So convert it to a 2700(works flawlessly BTW) and quit listening to BLs money grubbing lies.

Besides it says there working on it.Just taking some time, my axx.

This conversion thing is going to lead to an all out attack on 2700s now you know?

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 316
i agree.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 343
I heard somebody once converted his Pansat 2500 clone to a Viewsat Ultra. Anybody know how to do this?

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 477
BL did not give up on the 2500 the technology has passed it by and it's time to move on, It just does not have the power any longer to keep up.

If your still running a 2500 it's had a good run!!!

If you like the Pansat it's time to get a new 250sm, it has: Flash Memory 8 MByte Seven times more the space of the 2500a

If your looking into another different manufacture may I suggest the CNX Mini, duo or Trio.

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
You obviously haven't seen a 2500 work as a 2700 with the new easy serial load.

What gets me is the file is only 448kb where the 2700 file is 896kb,exactly 1/2 the size yet all the performance of a 2700.

Bronze Member

Chi town, Il USA

Post Number: 73
I posted this exchange below from the guys who wrote the bin for the conversion last week, is there a better way to do this with the real 2500a without jtaging?
"you need a dump file that has been specifically written for the 1 mg chip of the 2500 and only one or two peps have written it or added to it and once burned, you must jtag every new bin update, still highly experimental but have heard it works & executes even faster than BL's bins..one way or another, either you may have to upgrade to a 2mg chip and then erase and burn the factory 2700 bin and then write the BL 2700 bins or do this experimental 1 mg dump bin file to continue with the 2500 for the near future..check out this great site for some incredible insights and downloads on how to do this conversion, but at your own risk !!
http://freedomfta.net/forums/showthread.php?t=658&goto=nextnewest

Bronze Member

Chi town, Il USA

Post Number: 74
I mean the link is the original bin writers talking and showing how to jtag with the dump file...not my editorial before that

Username: Westway11

Post Number: 6
"If you like the Pansat it's time to get a new 250sm, it has: Flash Memory 8 MByte Seven times more the space of the 2500a"

Clearly the people posting this don't have any knowledge of basic math... If it had seven times more memory, it would only have 7MB...

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11284
NO not really...it (the 2500) already has the 1mb...the 250S has 8mb...

8 minus 1 = 7

so the 250S has 7 MORE times (additional) memory than the 2500...

slo_hand2 is a good guy and experienced peep who was here years ago but graduated from here...he is just trying to be helpful...why do have to TRY and bust his gonads...no need for that...

U have 6 posts here ONLY, and U already want to bash someone...we already have enough troublemakers....don't need more...chill out

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
Well,meow, from the looks of it we only need space for 448kb.And of course the 64kb b75 boot file.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1320
If something had 7 times THE memory of 1MB, then it would be 7MB. But 7 times MORE, the memory of 1MB, then it would be 8MB. lol Professor LK, and Slo are right!

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2815
But remember, BL math and the file size? I'm with Kitty here,she understands what the real issue is.It's about more money, but who really is going to buy another pancrap and deal with the crappy bins and BS ? ppl will by something better than another pansat,I did.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2816
But remember, BL math and the file size? I'm with Kitty here,she understands what the real issue is.It's about more money, but who really is going to buy another pancrap and deal with the crappy bins and BS ? ppl will by something better than another pansat,I did.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
Thing is all the money you spend goes to rice production and nuclear research.Pansh1t skycrap,crapsat,there all the same manufacturer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11287
OHHH I'm NOT endorsing ANY pansat...I hate em all...lmao

I'm simply trying to stop the bashing, especially by a newbie (Jack) here against a Supermod (slo_hand2) at a very respected site....and educate this newbie in simple "arithmatic" which includes "addition/subtraction" and "multiplication 101"....I guess "English comprehension" also was included in my math and 7x MORE explanation...LMAO

Screw Pansats!...I like Sonicview 4000 , Viewsat Ultra's...and because of them, I have no desire to buy or try a CNX...but slo-hand2 is entitled to his opinion...and he is a beta tester for CNX which IS getting great reviews everywhere...and they did have the first fix the past EMM...so the CNX coders are presently VERY active and capable...so far...

and anybody still using a Pansat 2500 or its clone, is either VERY CHEAP, doesn't watch TV often, or would rather input keys and play with the receiver than watch TV, and watches the microwave turntray as a hobby...lol...or is a true tester who likes to dabble and doesn't really care about the 2500, and wouldn't be here asking how to change keys or why he has no picture...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1322
HEY watchit! I still got my Pansat 2500 and inputting keys! I like the fact that the 2500 had a dynasty, kinda like the Yankees! But the Yankees are still gonna be there year after year after.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2820
Just how long was the 2500 released before the 2700 ? A yr?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11289
Good question...I forget exactly,, but I think more like about 2 yrs....cause we had the 1500, then 2300 around 2002-2003...I can't remember exactly when the 2700 came out, but I have an old factory bin 115 from May 2006...I think it (2500) was first released around mid 2004 (I know it popular by DEC 2004) ......only thing I remember was DTV going down April 2004, and the 2500 being out sometime around then ...Blackbird (BB)/ Silver Bullet receivers were the first "popular" FTA previous to the Pansat 2500..

Bronze Member
Username: Cricket674

Post Number: 90
if I convert my Pansat 2500a to a 2700a will the wire still work if I try to load a bin or do I have to buy a new one

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11292
The cable is the last thing I would worry about if U "try" this conversion...U could kill your receiver....but if U are a TRUE tester, then go for it!...and if U read all the posts and files and instructions that go with this conversion , it will explain it all, including cables and software requirements...this is not for the newbie to do...unless U can Jtag it, when necessary...

Bronze Member
Username: Cricket674

Post Number: 92
thx

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 38
heard somebody once converted his Pansat 2500 clone to a Viewsat Ultra. Anybody know how to do this?...............................................................

I had not heard that ,but heard of a girl that converted a 2500 clone in to a really good working Viewsat PVR...

you run a cable from a borrowed VS PVR (any kind) to the back of your 2500 clone. Turn the 2500 to 132 TCM, and The VS PVR to 222, home shopping channel...and wait about an hour.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11299
put down the crack pipe pal....lmao...stick to "Dirty Democrats", another thing U don't know about!

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 149
How about Pantec Ultra MX as Pansat 2500a clone.
What size does the Pantec Ultra MX have. Could not find it in the specs ???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
heard somebody once converted his Pansat 2500 clone to a Viewsat Ultra. Anybody know how to do this?...............................................................

I had not heard that ,but heard of a girl that converted a 2500 clone in to a really good working Viewsat PVR...

you run a cable from a borrowed VS PVR (any kind) to the back of your 2500 clone. Turn the 2500 to 132 TCM, and The VS PVR to 222, home shopping channel...and wait about an hour.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11313
LMAO....I think its a joke and somebody's pulling your leg....U will KILL the 2500 clone!

using that theory, why not run a cable from a 2007 BMW car and into that 2500 clone too....lmao!....some people's children!....still LMAO....hehehe...this is TOO MUCH.....

well TW....your post made my day!....ROTFLMAO

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1328
Simple economics. Like the chewing gum commercial. If the gum doesn't lose it's taste then people won't need to buy gum for a long time. Each working 2500 is one less 3500 sale.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well TW....your post made my day!....ROTFLMAO

I am glad to hear it....I truly hope you know I was joking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us