2 receicers/2 dishs one kill the other signal

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 545
i getting crazy please help .
i connected 2 new viewsat lite with the latest bin . i have 110===lnb is d/p /119:===lnb is standard and 61.5========lnb is standard

connected to both receivers. if i turn on one .the other loose signal. i dont understand why??????????

i m sure i read about it in the past here but never find it now .
first time i experience this .

ps: i receiver is connected the all the left side of the lnb . the other is connected to all the right side of the lnb.

thanxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2586
SatScanner
Gold Member

Beaversbush , Sportsmans Paradise Great White North Post Number: 2577
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 01:04 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find a specific archived thread ? from here? with this search engine ? Thats a good one !

But I think the one you're reffering to was explained by "King" as a voltage conflict problem. Recheck your ant, settings and coax connections,[check to see there tight and no hair wire shorting inside the connector].But experience with this problem has mostly lead me to diseq switch leaking voltage across ports or to grnd. Try reconfigering the settings and using different un-used ports of the switch or replace the switches. This has happened to me many times and somtimes will re-appear after a while. Once it was the lnb leaking voltage across to the other port on a dp duall lnb.

SatScanner
Gold Member

Beaversbush , Sportsmans Paradise
Great White North

Post Number: 2578
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 01:27 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick fix that works sometimes is on [receiver 1] set sat 1 with port 1
sat2 with port 2

but here's the trick.
receiver2
set sat 1 port3
sat2 port 4 on the different switch.

For 2sats on two receivers I would recommend using 22kz tone switches ,better faster more reliable switching ,a few bucks more but worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us