LK OR ANYONE PLEASE HELP HD QUESTION??

Username: Ddiaz

Post Number: 1
lk i want to install an hd fta receiver but i hear different rumors that its not compatible with dishnet only with bell vu and also what would be the best hd receiver on the market thank you for your help

Silver Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 137
From what I understand from it is that some fta HD boxes will not decode DN unless you buy an adapter, which connects to your HD box thru USB, and you will also need a 8psk module for which you need the adapter, you will find this module inside a dish HD 6000, If you are looking to buy these two things expect to spend $300-$400. Many hope the price will go down if demand slows down,since in the beggining the price was about half of that. All this hardware is to decode Turbo FEC which is a proprietary technology of DN, you won't see an hd box box decode that unless they want to be sued. The boxes will support qpsk(BEV's modulation, that is why you can see bev HD) and 8psk(for dn). 8psk is not the issue but turbo fec. Make sure your box supports mpg2 and mpg4(new video compression for HD) BEV is supposed to switch from QSPK to 8PSK your box will still work unless BEV also goes to Turbo FEC, then we will all be screwed. If you want to buy a box and spend the extra money go with Sonicview 8000 if you are satisfied with BEV go with the Pansat 9000. I would.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us