Please help me with setup Fortec Ultra

Username: Mkakadia

Post Number: 1
I have this fortec star lifetime ultra receiver. I have dishnetwork dish pro dish and a single lnb dish. I am using dish pro to get 110 and 119 satellite and single lnb dish to get 61.5 satellite.

What is the best way I can do the setup for my receiver. What kind of switch I should get.

Also in installation menu, what satellite I should select and what kind of options with them so that I get all the channels regarding these 110, 119 and 61.5 satellite.

I really appricite your reply. I am very new to this.

Thanks a lot.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10433
U sure U don't have Dish Pro PLUS LNB's?...and what type is the 61.5 lnb?...and how may receivers?

Post Number: 2
no it is old lnbs. I have 2 dishes. First Dish 500 with pro lnb and second is regular dish with a single (old style) lnb. Only one receiver.

Post Number: 3
Anyone please help me with this? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2797
You are going to need to use a DP34 switch for that setup. But you need to make sure your that your single LNB for the 61.5 is a DishPro because you can't mix match DishPro with non DishPro

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 130
Why not just use 4x1 diseqc? Only 1 receiver. Run 2 wires from 119/110 to ports 1 and 2. Put 61.5 on port 3 or 4.

Post Number: 4
How about satellite scan?

In installation menu, what satellite I should select and what kind of options with them so that I get all the channels regarding these 110, 119 and 61.5 satellite.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3002
Mark: Both PRFRMNJ and therepo have given good advice. If you want to have a second receiver at a later date you are better off starting with a D34 switch.
In your switch and in your Antenna menu, you set up Echo 7 (119W) for Port 1, Echo 8.1(110w) for Port 2, and the Echo 3 (61.5w) for Port 3 or 4.
Then do a blind scan on each and you will be all set to select your favourites. After Blind scan, it is preferrable to do a Sort - I prefer alphabetic, but you do it the way you like it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3003
Mark: One thing I forgot to mention.
The moment you go for DP34 switch with DN LNBs, you are increasing the power draw on the whole system and the burden on your receiver. some receivers such as Pansat 3500 do not like it. Therefore, you will need to separately power the DP34.
You might want to just go with therepo's advice, using standard LNBs and DisEqC switch, if you do not want to be asking questions on this forum for the next week, as it has happened before with others.

Bronze Member
Username: Scorp7

Post Number: 26
I have similar situation and I use DP34 cos I still have active DN subscription. I tried using SW21 along with DP34 to get four satellites with dish 1 port plugged into one of the receiver outlets of DP34 and dish 2 port getting direct cable from 61.5. CS5K did not get signal from DP 34. Instead I connected to one of the switch ports (119) of DP34 to dish 1 pot I was able to scan 119. How can I get all three satellites? Is this a valid solution other then DisEQc? Experts please comment. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3020
http://www.microyal.com/dp-34a-instal-istrn.jpg

Bronze Member
Username: Sobe1

South beach, Fl

Post Number: 36
holy sh*t nalin just agreed with PRFRMNJ whats the world coming to. or is she learning from PRFRMNJ.hahahaha

Gold Member

Post Number: 3024
I have no quarell with anybody or anything but falsehood and ignorance

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 140
Scorp A, if you're posting in this thread because you have a FLU (or other 2500 clone, or Pansat 2500 original), you won't get SW21 to work, but you could use a 22khz on/off switch instead, just make sure the DP switch is on the OFF side so the diseqc commands can get through. Set your diseqc ports as normal with 22khz OFF, and for the bird on the 22khz ON side, set diseqc OFF (and 22khz ON, of course).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us