Scrambled channel Pansat 3500 SD

Username: Happytv

Post Number: 7
I need some advice. I have a Pansat 3500 and all I am getting is scrambled channel message. I have the latest bin file. It was working a few days ago. I checked the keys I have, they too are the latest. I turned autoroll both on and off and reset my unit...still nothing. I even re-loaded the bin, manually entered the keys, still nothing. I checked the hardware connections, everything seems to be fine. Any advice will be appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 865
what are your signal quality levels like?

Post Number: 8
they are good, usually above 90%. Everything was working fine, until a few days ago. -Thanks Jason

Silver Member

Post Number: 866
Did you recently upgrade to the lastest bin just a few days ago? If so what version of old bin were you running.

With the newer bins you have to upgrade your boot file (to b80) as well.

Post Number: 9
No, I actually had the latest bin from April 11 and the boot file is B80. I just updated to keys because I lost channels.

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 248
try doing a factory reset and loading bin again.

Post Number: 10
Actually, I did do a factory reset, but aren't the keys supposed to change when I do a factory reset? But on mine, the keys stay the same. Its almost like the factory reset doesn't really reset the box. Any suggestions, thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
Then the factory reset might not be taking properly. When you do a factory reset all of your receiver setting (e.g. antenna setup) should be cleared and your keys should be back to the default for that particular bin. Also, when you restart your receiver you should get a screen that asks you to choose your language.

Try reloading the factory bin, reboot the receiver, do a factory reset, and verify that you have the language screen.

Then reload the latest bin and do your config, turn autoroll on, and do scans.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Jason, I did all of the above and unfortunately, nothing. All I am getting is the "free preview channels". I doing a blind scan. I have a superdish. diseqc 1, 2, 3 to 110, 121, 119 respectively. Any other suggestions please. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1800
Tom...

Go to "Parental Control" then go to "Autoroll Options" and check that the option "Keycode" or "Key EMU" must be ON, also autoroll options must be ON

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks Nikk,
but when I go to parental control, all I get is "Change Pin Code". however, I can press 8282 and I get to the autoroll and keycode options which are already all on. Still no luck. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1801
Tom...

Sorry to read that...another thing I can think about is a bad Diseqc or whichever switch you have, try connecting one of the LNB cables directly to your receiver and turn the Diseqc setting to OFF and check if you can get video for that sat...if you can get it then you must replace the Diseqc...

Silver Member

Post Number: 869
Ah, you have a C00lsat, not a Pansat.

If you're not getting channels then:

1. don't have correct, latest working bin.
2. autoroll is not turned on

also, your diseqc setting should be 1=119 2=110 3=121 with osc-dp lnbs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
No actually I do have Pansat 3500sd. I am using bin from april 11, x05blapi:80-319_EUbX
boot file 80.

Silver Member

Post Number: 870
But isn't "8282" a c00lsat-only thing? I don't have a Pansat at the moment so maybe it also has 8282 command.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1802
Pansat also has the 8282 code......

Tom...try what I was suggesting in the last post, also to access to Autoroll options through the Parental control you must go to the "Secondary Pin" and press "0000" that must take you to the autoroll options also...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
no because when I press 8282 it takes me to the cas system menu where it lists Seca, Viaccess1, etc.. Nagravision 2 where I am inputting the new keys. But I can not figure out why I am getting scrambled or bad channel message

Silver Member

Post Number: 871
Describe your switch setup? Do you have diseqc or dp switch?

Silver Member

Post Number: 872
I believe one lnb is a twin (110/119) and the other lnb just has 121. Is this correct?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yes you are correct Jason.

Silver Member

Post Number: 873
Then try what Nikk suggested:

hook your receiver directly to the 121 lnb, reprogram your receiver settings by turning off disecq setting for sat 121. Now you've bypassed the switch.

Next, delete all of your channels, do a sat scan, make sure autoroll is ON and wait for keys to roll (can take a few minutes). You should have channels on sat 121.

If this works then your receiver is working fine (as well as your 121 sat lnb).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok, thanks, I will try and let you know. Thanks for taking the time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Ok, this is what I have discovered. I believe there is no problem with the switch and the reason for this is I am tried another receiver and I was able to check the switch using the diagnostic test. It passed. Do you think I the problem is with the receiver?

Silver Member

Post Number: 874
Were you able to get channels with this other receiver?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Yes, but let me explain to you my setup. Superdish connected to main TV receiver(paid sub)and also to secondary tv (pansat)out to main TV.
secondary tv is the one that I am having problems with (pansat) Main TV is ok. I think there might me a problem with the connection.

Silver Member

Post Number: 875
Tom, unfortunately, I'm a bit confused as to your setup. You'll have to give a detailed, clear description of your setup.

But I can tell you two things:

since the second receiver broke,
1. some piece of hardware failed, or
2. you changed something (did you make any changes to your setup?)

This is based on the fact everything was working fine a few weeks ago.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us