NO SIGNAL!!! PLZ help

Bronze Member
Username: Drm035

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 61
I have a Pansat 2500A. All of a sudden I have lost signal with all the storms that we have been having. Thought that maybe the dish needed to be realigned. Have used the satfinder and it says were are getting a signal but the receiver will not pick it up. I have a level of 93% but a quality of 0. What could be wrong? THanks

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1817
Try puting the coax cable directly into the reciever,and check for quality on different tp's/channels.Check your cable connections also.If you have good quality and it disappears after you reconnect your switch, check/replace your switch/settings .

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9001
realign the dish if no quality..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1818
What level,do you have on the reciever signal menu ?sat finder could need calibrating,93% is high for signal,great for quality.

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 62
I am watching the level under the antenna setup. My husband has been on the roof for 2 days trying to get a signal. The level will set at 93% but we can not get a quality, which is the signal strenth, right. The signal finder box that we hook up to the dish is locking the box, but the receiver will not show that it is picking up the signal! Quality stays at 0 %

Gold Member

Post Number: 9005
realign the dish...try new cable and connection, remove switch if u have one,

Gold Member

Post Number: 9006
realign the dish...try new cable and connection, remove switch if u have one,...also LNB could be bad...U provided little info to help you with..

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 63
I don't know what type of LNB it has. It is a directtv dish. Had a bunch of wind/rain storms lately and now no signal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1819
What sat are you aiming for,so we can tell u a live tp to set your reciever to so u now when u hit the sat.run the coax directly to reciever before hand,and ckeck the connections for bad crimps, water,or coroustion.After you have done that,and have on a live tp,and can't find a signal,with such high signal no quality,i'm leaning toward a bad lnb.

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 64
We have always used Echostar 8 @ 110 W. We have also used in the past Echostar 9.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1821
Ok,set your reciever to tp#30 12324 H .Then aim your dish to hit echo 8/10.

set your ant settings to standard lnb
lnb freq: 11250
diseq OFF
play with dish very slowly until u hit the sat.
then "tweek for best quality.

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 65
did all this and still no quality. Even changed the LNB on the dish. Any other suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9012
If U did all that, then u would have TV..

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 66
well sorry I have changed all that, and still don't have TV

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
Then your reciever is funked, it needs replacing.

Bronze Member
Username: Satscannerr

Post Number: 27
Then your reciever is good,you dont need to replace it.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 450
becky dont listen to these guys
go reflash your receiver with the latest bin 293 make sure the autoroll option is on . and you will se it will works ok .

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1071
actually Cartier is right
You need a new BIN PGM or put new keys

If that doesn't work
Run coax straight bypassing DISEqC switch like Scanner says

If u got DTV phase III switch is internal can't do anything about it and usually it won't go bad
I bet You you got an old bin, reflash. you may have to put dish where it was if you moved it. New keys is a must double check before you touch any hardware

Gold Member

Post Number: 1830
There has been no new bin in the last couple days,it's not a bin problem,others would be crying with the same problem.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 877

Hey Becky
From your location, make sure Azimuth and Elevation is set correctly for EchoStar 8/10 @ 110.oW.Mast is level vertical in all directions.
Make sure that you antenna cable is connected correctly & TV is set on NTSC Also try this.
A) Factory Setting.
B) Time Setting.
C) Enter you Latitude and Longitude.
D) Now do a blind Scan.
E) Turn of your Autoroll and TP Autoupdate.
F) Enter updated Keys.

BTW I don't think your Mast is level,the storm knock it out of Alignment.

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 67
Got it back working. Not really sure what the problem was. Switched everything again. And finally that night it came back. Bad bad storm had knocked it so far off that it just took a while to get it back. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9043
Next time we all say many times to "realign the dish"...just do it, and don't say sarcastically: ...

Becky Bryant
Bronze Member

Darlington , SC USA Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 06:30 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well sorry I have changed all that, and still don't have TV

Obviously U didn't do that correctly!

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 68
Why do you have to be such a butt. People come here for help and you have this better than thou attitude. Nothing you gave me helped. It was all other guys that gave me info that was useful. All you gave was hateful comments. Don't worry I won't ask anything else from you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9047
Becky BIG Mouth.. I told you 3 times to realign the dish, which was your problem and solution, along with your smart azz mouth!

LK
Gold Member

Post Number: 9006
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 04:02 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
realign the dish...try new cable and connection, remove switch if u have one,...also LNB could be bad...

LK
Gold Member

Post Number: 9001
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 03:42 pm:

realign the dish if no quality..

U don't have to worry about receiving help from me...it'll NEVER happen AGAIN!...U don't deserve any help from anybody here...I hate newbies who come here and then "know it all" when we try to help them...U think you're a hero cause U have TV today...wait another week, when its down again and U need help...good luck then pal!...LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 893

No, some come here acting stupid and know nothing, after you give them the possible causes, they don't come back to thank,only how
smart they are.....I don't know how I did it ,but I have TV again. What a Funking joke try to help
some people.

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 69
And I had said that we had been realigning it for 2 days. And just to let you know in my earlier post I THANKED everyone that helped. Just like I have always done!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9051
If it takes you or "we" 2 days to align a dish, then SUBSCRIBE...U must be 2 brain surgeons with no respect, manners or BRAINS!!...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 9052
If it takes you or "we" 2 days to align a dish, then SUBSCRIBE...U must be 2 brain surgeons with no respect, manners or BRAINS!!...been practicing on each other...LOL

Bronze Member

Darlington, SC USA

Post Number: 70
And you are one to talk about manners!! I have read several posts where you do this same thing to everyone. The reason everyone is leaving this site is because of you. I have been reading posts on here for about a year and you always have to have that smart attitude and try to put down people that are asking for help. Well I won't ask for it again. There are plenty of other sites that will give people the respect that they deserve. And I know how to program the boxes, put in keys and all that needs to be done. I just politely asked for help and get all this BS. You are not worth my time in visiting this site. Arrigant people like you who think they know it all does not deserve the respect that some of us try so hard to give the world.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9059
Thank You...goodbye
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us