Lock on bell 91, can't find dish net 119

Username: Jebus11

Post Number: 1
Just wondering if dish network 119 is left or right, up or down of bell expressvu 91.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 895

Hey john
Tough guestion not knowing your location.

Post Number: 3
I'm in Windsor, Ontario. Canada.

sorry, very new to this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 896

Hey john
Standing in front of you Dish,EchoStar 7 is to your left.Elevation is 29.2 degrees.
Nimiq 1 Elevation is 40.5 degrees.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2625
I hope you are trying to get this with a second dish! They are too many degrees apart and unless you have a really big dish, you will not be able to get this on your average dish. By the way, if you are standing in front of the dish and facing it, is to the right.

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 85
from 91 west(bev) it is definatly down and to the right to get 119(dn) or 110(dn) standing behind the dish thats from toronto... good luck....119&110 are easy find if your dish is 10' up or more

Gold Member

Post Number: 2629
This should help you:

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2630
If you are standing behind your dish facing the LNB and your dish is originally aimed at 91 then 110 and 119 will be to the right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 900

Hey PR
Read the man's question and then read my answer.
So, if you are standing in front of your Dish,
would 119 be to the right or to the left of of 91? That was john question.
I have always answer by saying standing in front
of the Dish. How in the Hell are you going to stand behind a Dish,if the Dish is mounted on a wall? Maybe you have been away too long.

BTW....help me when I am wrong,
I do not mind.

Post Number: 4
ya i'm on the 8th floor. height shouldn't be a problem.

Kavin, i can stand behind the dish cause i'm a rare case the has it on the balcony, lol.

Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it. I'm gonna go try it now.

Kavin i'll try yours first. To the left at 29.2.
Then i'll try grub's suggestion which is to the right.

As long as i know it's around 29.2 elevation. Now i gotta figure out how the dish marks elevation. Either the red line on the metal (at the very end of it), the very edge of the washer, or the middle of the bolt. Heh, i'm sure i'll find it.

Thanks again all!

Silver Member

Post Number: 903

Hey john
If you are standing in front of your Dish, 119 is to the LEFT of 91...If you are standing behind your Dish, 119 would then be to the right of 91....

BTW who is on first base, no who is on second.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9111
doesn't what WHERE U are STANDING...lol...its where U are looking and FROM where (either FROM the dish to LNB's, or FROM the LNB's to the dish!)

here's a sample...FROM the dish to the LNB's, the 110 is to the RIGHT of the 119..and the 91 would be to the RIGHT of the 110...and the 82 would be to the RIGHT of the 91...lower number sats to the right..

poorman_2_211.jpg

121-110-119-91

Gold Member

Post Number: 9112
doesn't what WHERE U are STANDING...lol...its where U are looking and FROM where (either FROM the dish to LNB's, or FROM the LNB's to the dish!)

here's a sample...FROM the dish to the LNB's, the 110 is to the RIGHT of the 119..and the 91 would be to the RIGHT of the 110...and the 82 would be to the RIGHT of the 91...lower number sats to the right..

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2636
Kevin - All my dishes are mounted on top of my house so I can stand behind them. That is not uncomon! I've also installed them on the balcony, so my reply was not intended to correct you, but rather to clarify to him from what point of view!

His question was: Just wondering if dish network 119 is left or right, up or down of bell expressvu 91.

You answered: Hey john
Standing in front of you Dish,EchoStar 7 is to your left.Elevation is 29.2 degrees.
Nimiq 1 Elevation is 40.5 degrees.

Did you mean facing his dish or facing the sky? Since this could reasonably imply either or I simply took the liberty to add to what you were saying in an attempt to clarify!

Since he did not give a point of reference, I had to establish one. My point of reference was simple. If you stand behind the dish facing forward (towards the LNB) - then it's to the right.

If you were standing in front of the dish facing the dish, then it is to your left! (Just as you stated, but making sure he understood that he had to be facing the dish)...

Very simple and NOT intended to dispute your answer! Only to clarify. That's why I posted the picture as well.

Too many people here assume when something everyone will understand. And while I'm not saying newbies won't, I try to simplify by being specific.

If you have a problem with that, then you're not the person I thought you were.

Silver Member

Post Number: 904

Hey Lk
Iam not quite clear as to what you are saying.
I have two question for you.
A) Going by your above picture, you are saying that if I am looking from the Dish to the LNB's
as you have put it,then would EchoStar 7 ( 119) be to the right or to the left of (110)?

B) Now if I adjust my Dish, again as you have said above, looking from the LNB to the Dish as per your picture, now would (119) be to the right or to the left of (110)?

Who is on first ? first is on second.

Post Number: 5
does the tilt matter on the dish? i heard i'm supposed to have it at 121 degrees. I have a direcTV dish. I had this working before on 119, but can't find it now.

I'm going back out to try, if it still doesn't work, i'm jump off the balcony!

Silver Member

Post Number: 905

Hey PR
Let me say this to you.
My answer to john was very clear.
Standing in front of your Dish (119) is to the left of (91) Very clear in the English language.
Needless to say ,why would I have a problem?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9118
My pic above tells it all..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2639
Kevin - I have nothing else to say. Nothing is ever clear and everything is open to interpretation! Your own post is a perfect example:

How in the Hell are you going to stand behind a Dish,if the Dish is mounted on a wall?

You ASSUMED his dish was mounted on the wall and moreso, made the smart remark that I've been gone to long! Maybe you should do a little installing before you go running your mouth.

So again - I DID NOT SAY YOU WERE WRONG!

But as you proved yourself anyone can assume anything and I make is specifically clear what was what.

NUFF SAID!

Silver Member

Post Number: 908

Hey PR
One question.
Read my lips,why do you read only what you want to read, is there a problem with you and the English language? Try to read your post above #2630 and your post #2636 and then tell me who has assumed what.HEY if you want to play lets play. Let me see what you got.Take your best shot,you can go first.

Silver Member

Post Number: 909

Hey LK
Your Picture does not answer my question.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2641
Kevin - You not now nor have ever been worth it. I thought more of you! But here is a clue. When aligning a dish, YOU CAN NOT STAND in front of it. Either behind, to one side or the other, BUT NEVER IN FRONT.

Go ahead post as you wish, I don't play with little boys!

Silver Member

Post Number: 910

Hey PR
Iam very happy that you told me. My grandad has told me that you can even learn something from a stupid asswhole. So you only play with big boys,what do you old boys play with?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2642
Like I said - You're not now nor ever will be worth it! I see your one of those matures people who when they have nothing intelligent to say, you have to resort to faul language! It's okay! I understand your limitations.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2643
I'll send you a Thesaurus and maybe you can learn a few words and impress someone! LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 2644
If you don't know what that is I can also send you a dictionary so you can look up the definition!

Silver Member

Post Number: 911

Hey PR
I would think is bed time for you.
Don't send any Thesaurus to me, try using it yourself. In English we say I see (you,) not (your) and is not (who when they have) in English
is who has nothing intelligent to say.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2645
No, in English it's said, (I see "you're" or "you are") based on the sentenced I wrote above! Of course I'm not the best at typing, but it's okay, I know your limitations! I see you can't read or comprehend. So when you decide to correct someone make sure "you're or you are" correct as well...

When you correct someone and do so with bad grammar, it only shows how -- well you get the point..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2646
I'll tell you what, I'll be the bigger man. This subject is over. I'm moving on. Give it your best shot. I'm not amused by you anymore...

Silver Member

Post Number: 912

Hey
You don't know Shitt about me.
I know that tomato season is coming up so I will not funk with you anymore, your people may need you,if you can still move around.
I am going to say this & go to bed.
you are one sick old SOB.

Bronze Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 65
Klavin,
You sound like a ASSWHOLE!!

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1098
Duck
With a name like your's I'll be very quite

Post Number: 6
So tilt matters? lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 914

DUCK
First, look right above you,the name is Kavin not Klavin. Now lets talk above the other name you called me. Didn't you mama ever tell you, not to write a check you SS can't cash? You are right about one thing, to deal with ASSWHOLE like you, I have to be ASSWHOLE. What about you?
Why are you using one of your many Nicks?
NO Balls, all Pissy.
BTW... I see that you like animals, first you was a Pig, now you are a Duck. It's OK, but on this forum, you are the real ASSWHOLE...

Post Number: 7
Okay, I'll tilt it to 121 degrees.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us