Remote

Silver Member
Username: Newtofta

Post Number: 135
The remote for my FSLU just quit on me.....put new batteries in it....nothing. Was wondering if a universal remote would control it or do i need to buy another one?

Bronze Member
Username: Frobi

Guelph, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
Make sure your romote is on sub( setallite) ot the component you are trying to sue. Press the button for that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
i guess universal remotes dont work.....sux that i have to get a new one and wait for it to be sent to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Angie_wedgewood

Post Number: 50
I had the same problem too. Pretty annoying. But you can get them fairly cheap off ebay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
so there isn't a universal remote that will run the FSLU?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8832
make sure u hit STB on remote first..

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
LK....you talking about on the FSLU remote or on a universal.....cause on the FS remote there isnt an STB button. The universal remote i tried to use is a RCA Systemlink 6 AV.....has a SAT button on it and i done the code search but nothing. I have 2 other generis univ remotes but they dont have a name on them and i dont have the instructions on how to do the code set on them so they are useless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
This is a pic of remote....no STB ButtonUpload

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 155
ummm ya ur screwed lol jus go on ebay and see if u can get another remote for it...but imo jus forget this receiver lol get a better receiver

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Will get another reciever eventually but dont have the $$$ right now. The remotes on ebay are only 10 bux but i was just hoping that my universal would work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Which one is a good receiver so i know how much money i am looking at spending?

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
ok.....i didnt do this b4 but i tried to turn the channels on the STB but it doesnt work.....im stuck on one channel. I am a dumbass.......i thought it was the remote but it was the receiver.....turned it off with the button in the back and now everything works fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8834
FTA #1 RULE....IF U ever encounter ANY problem, ALWAYS shut off receiver with rear switch for 2-3 minutes, then power back on!...this is called a reboot..

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
i will remember that....thanx.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
LK.....i have another quick question.....it is OT but.......is the Pansat and Fortec pretty much the same? or is this a Pansat clone? Im asking because when i was searching on how to put the keys in manually the Fortec instructions wouldnt so i tried the Pansat instructions and it worked.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8843
Actually Pansat is a clone of the Fortec..but Fortec went to the toilet and Pansat is not too far behind now..the Fortec Ultra will accept the same bins as the Pansat 2500 clones!...many have converted their Fortec Ultra's into a clone of the Pansat 2500 by simply using their clone Pansat bins, thats why the Pansat instructions worked for U..

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
ok....i appreciate it.....so b4 too long my receiver is gonna be crap? What is your opinion on another good receiver that i can get without spending too much money? want to get a good one.....but dont want to spend alot......i only paid 60 for this one. i know i will have to spend more for a better one tho.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8845
I always say u get what u pay for..it money is an issue to u then U should be happy u get FREE TV and NOT worry about spending an initial $179 for a Viewsat Ultra..U can but a Coo*lsat 500 for $129..or a Captiveworks premium for $99..IMO, the VS Ultra ($179) with a USB stick (about $25) for total about $200 is the way to go..U 'll save that in the first month compared to TV subscription fees..and have little aggravation and down time, and the USB stick makes loading the receiver simple...no need to move receiver to computer and disconnect cables etc..

and if money is that big of an issue, then keep what u have until the days come (could be 2 years from know, who knows) when software is no longer available..U still can get free TV now..

buy from here..
http://www.globalwholesalers.biz/receivers.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
i appreciate all of your info LK......hopefully it will be a while b4 software isnt available. When i load new bins on here i need the bins with T at the end of it? I ve noticed from reading that Nalin has said that only use bins with T at the end for clones. I know that no one likes Nalin and doesnt help anyone so i wanted to ask you if this is correct.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8846
I'm presuming U have an older Fortec Lifetime Ultra (FLU) receiver...yes for the FLU, U MUST use bins that end in "T", otherwise U will kill/damage the receiver...

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Thanx.......i dont know how to load bins yet. Ever since i put the keys in manually it hasnt went out yet......but eventually im gonna put one on there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8849
Go join a FREE site and register...they have all manuals and files U need...there are NONE here!

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
ok......like the future-fta site....total fta....or dsstester......any of these will do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8854
yes...future is NOT too helpful with pansat clones...but has general pansat info like how to change keys etc that u can use..but yes all sites have some info...U may want to join a few sites..

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
ok....thanx LK.......i will let you go and help people who need more help than me. Thanx again and have a good day.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8855
That particular receiver is VERY simple..1 good day of READING and U should completely understand the receiver and basics of FTA..

PRFRMNJ (here) and hanging at ftabins.net lately, is patient and helpful with that particular receiver..nalin is ignorant and will cause U to damage your receiver..

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Yeah.......when i first joined and had a few problems and Nalin tried to help me it was no use....PRFRMNJ came in and helped me and ive read all the spats between everyone and Nalin......i dont think i will let Nalin help me at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us