Sanyo Service Mode

Username: Dickmarellan

Post Number: 1
Hi

I've been having major problems since new with a Sanyo CE28WN7.

Awful colour, and now the picture has slipped so the bottom right corner is lower than the left. The picture is also too large for the screen (on screen graphics are off the bottom of the screen).

The service people from the company I bought it from inist there is no problem even though it is still under warranty!

My last resort is an old friend who is a TV tech, but has been retired for several years now. He won't open it up so as not to invalidate the warranty (for what that's worth), but has said he'll put it on the bench if I can get into the service menu.

Any help greatly appreciated, before I write this terrible TV off.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3366
Unplug the TV and press the volume down button on the TV while you plug it back in. Be sure to write down any adjustments you plan to change first. Adjustments are specific to each TV, if you mess something up, they'll be the only way back to where it was.

Post Number: 2
Thanks will give it a go.

Post Number: 3
Thanks.
But this doesn't seem to work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3382
It works on mine. There's not much you can do in the service menus without a service manual. Adjustments aren't clearly labeled.

Post Number: 4
Cheers. I'll try again, and keep my fingers crossed.

Post Number: 5
How do you find the TV by the way?

The skin tone on ours is awful.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3386
Mine isn't that model, so the service menu is probably different on yours. Unless you can find something on the net to describe what adjustments do what, I doubt you can find the right one. On mine there must be 100 or more adjustments that aren't clearly labeled. The adjustments are letters and numbers, not actual names like tint, color, etc. If your TV is like mine, you'll need a service manual or some info on the net to find the right adjustments. You might try AVS forum, that's where I found how to get into the service menus on mine and the pincushion adjustments.

Post Number: 6
Cheers. Still no luck with that method.
I'll root around for more info then give the bandits at Currys a try again.
Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us