Pioneer DVR-533H-S problem - HDD runs constantly

Username: Poodah

USA

Post Number: 1
My HDD has been running nonstop for about a month. An unregistered user stated the problem very well a year or so ago, but never got an answer, so far as I can tell. His post is below. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Just got the 533H-s and everything seems great but it sounds like the unit is almost continually accessing the HDD (repatative sequences of soft clicks). Only when the "EPG" is in the display and the screen is showing the guide does the unit seem to stop accessing the hard disk. Of course, then I can't watch anything. Can I do something to give the HDD a rest when not being used to record something.

Username: Tilia

Post Number: 2
Fred, I'm having the exact same issue. It's the EPG trying to update the TV guide feature, but I made the huge mistake of not turning off the Pioneer unit and now it scrolls through the channels ALL DAY LONG and has been for at least 3 weeks. Aside from resetting the DVDR player (see your manual), I don't know how to get it to stop.

Username: Poodah

USA

Post Number: 2
Turning the DVR off doesn't help, either. Mine's turned off, but it just keeps chattering away.

Username: Bruce110

Post Number: 1
Excellent work. Easy to understand.
http://www.vob-converter.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts