Newbie to FTA Questions

Username: Rejected42

Post Number: 1
1) Where is the best source for information. Where can I begin to read up on this subject?

2) What is a legitimate site to purchase FTA equipment?

3) Is it legal to own in the US?

4) Are all the stations international (from a US standpoint)?

5) Is DirecTV the only one to carry all the NFL games?

Thanks,
-R

Post Number: 2
6) What are the recommended units?

7) Right now I have a legit DTV setup (single receiver, dish, monthly service, etc.) Can I use this single LNB and round dish with a FTA receiver?

-R

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8476
First learn to READ and use a forums...below is posted here many times.."Recommended reputable satellite sites" thread subject..

All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Many of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..USE those for your particular receiver manufacturer..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community for many years now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites in this first post!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from a reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)

File Share Site - No Registration Required:
--------------------------------------------------
Good for gettting Original factory firmware:
[link removed]

Best site for DISHNET info, channels, transponders and changes etc..
[link removed]
[link removed]
www.filez.us/km3/keys.shtml

Post Number: 3
Thanks.

I am willing to READ, hence my #1 question. I found this website from a Google search on FTA, and I was unaware of it's main focus.

Your information is greatly appreciated, and I will begin my research as you suggested with these other sites.

Silver Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 177
takes about a week of reading man

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8479
R...now thats smart!....U learn the fastest and best by reading, then experimenting and THEN asking...

I will suggest U purchase a Viewsat Ultra (USB ready) or Extreme from www.globalwholesalers.biz ..and yes U can pick up 1 satellite with that your round 18 inch single LNB DTV dish..and yes FTA receivers are legal, UNTIL you modify it with a file/bin to receive Dishnetwork (DN) or Bev channels..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us