Vortex pro 7700

Username: Jimbo7670

Post Number: 1
I am a newbie here, I bought vortex pro 7700 and using fortecstar GTROM 3.0 and bin 292T found at dsstester I successfully flashed. But when I blind scan I get a message 0 transponders found. I have super dish and using vortex pro 4-1 connector for the LNB. But the signal strength in all satellites are 20s-30s. I did try to install the channel list also using STB Gtools v1.85. I see no channels even the freeones. What am I doing wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 48
Vortex Pro 7700 here. Try reinstalling the Bin 292T using the Blacklist Updater Version 1.4. That's the one I use and it works great.

If that does not improve things, maybe you dish is not aligned right?

Post Number: 2
I have dish and it gives 70-80% signal strength, but with vortex I am getting 20-30% signal strength. Is there a special channel list I need to download for midwest area, or do I need to put the new keys,any help is appreciated

Post Number: 3
I did use BL1.4 this time and uploaded 2.92T, same thing is happenning

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8266
Your post makes NO sense!...U contradict yourself...First u say 20-30%, then 70-80%, then 20-30% again...with 20-30% signal strength on most channels, then your dish is NOT aimed correctly!...receiver type will NOT change your signal strength..quality strength yes, signal strength NO..UNLESS U are using incapatable LNB's or switches with your FTA... U really need to be specific about your entire situation...

BTW..are U trying to say that U have a Dishnetwork echostar receiver or similiar AND want to use FTA also?

Post Number: 4
Ya I have HDTV so I need dish but for other channels I am trying to get the FTA also. When I connect the dish receiver I get 70-80% and with FTA I am getting 20-30%. So I am using the vortex 4in 1 vortex connector I got. May be I will try to put dish pro 44 switch tomorrow and see what happens as it is not working right now

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8287
if U subscribe and have HDTV subs and DN HD receiver, then U must have the new Dish Pro Plus LNB's and Dishnet HD roof dish/antenna (my neighbor just HD subscribed and DN came and changed the dish and receiver etc)...U must read the DPP LNB thread here...there are many things U need to do like, use a DP or DPP switch (depending,)no disque switch, keep DN receivers powered ON always when using the Vortex receiver etc..

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Header108

Post Number: 37
Raj
Make sure that you have the Cable from your Dish to the Vortex Pro 7700 In the right spot and not in the Antenna plug it goes in the LMB1 plug.

Post Number: 5
Exactly I realized the mistake just now every thing is good now thanks guy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us