Cw-100r pvr addon out monday in ottawa for 139+tax

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 325
FTA Tronix, INC.
22 Terroir Unit A
Gatineau, QC J8Z 3M8
613-255-2702

this is cw official store no clones talk to budy on the phone cw sent him yesterday and will get by monday ill get 1 on monday i think have a nice day

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
I am exclusive captiveworks Authorized dealer In Ottawa/Gatineau.
http://www.captiveworks.com/sales...

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
Authorized Volume Distributors

Dish Experts
709 Ivy Street
Glendale, CA 91204
818-548-2427
-----------------------------------------
The Digital Store
Morris Plains, NJ
877-486-9901
All Things Digital
Miami, Florida
305-887-9464
Remington Bell
Norton, OH
888-873-6235
Websat Communications
Pasadena, CA
866-713-7371
dvbwarehouse
Elk Grove, CA 95757
916-290-6643
Dish Experts Canada
670 Progress Ave. Unit 10
Toronto, ON M1H 3A4
416-289-0018

AA Electronics
1350 Matheson Blvd. E. Unit 7&8
Mississauga, ON L4W 4M1
905-206-0931

Digital Store, INC.
404 Dunlop St. W. Unit 6
Barrie, ON L4N 1C2
877-486-9901

FTA Tronix, INC.
22 Terroir Unit A
Gatineau, QC J8Z 3M8
613-255-2702

Wiredunderground Corporation
Calgary, AB T3H 1C5 Canada
403-389-4291

Bronze Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 73
Does it work with any FTA receiver? Does it come with a hard drive? Is there a limit on hard drive for this pvr? Can you record while watching something you have already recorded? I was going to buy a conaxsat v1 now i am thinking if i should go with this one instead. if you are selling this for $150 by adding another 30 bucks, I can get a complete machine with pvr functions. Isn't that better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
sit sat Does it work with any FTA receiver?it will work with most fta My review of the CW100-R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chancysand
review of the CW100-R

This is a very nice unit. I do not know whom came up with this idea but let me tell you that you all need to have one.

My review first will be on using the CW100-R on another box other than a Captive Works unit. Included here is a Video of how to use the CW100-R hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zccpvUpLwyg. Just hook the box up to any FTA
Box with supplied cables and watch how much fun you can have. You will need either one of 3 things to record with. You can use an USB stick, USB Hard Drive or a SD Card. I personally think that you will go out and get a Large Hard Drive. You can load new bin files to you Captive Works Box without connecting to PC. A big plus in itself.

Now to get to the recording. Very easy to use as an add on unit to other FTA's. Two ways to record. One is just record on the fly. If movie starting then just press the record button on remote or on the front of the unit and it will start recording. If you want to time the recording then hit the record button again and it will go up in 30 minutes intervals. Second way to record it to go into the menu and go to TIMER RECORDING and set up an event in there. You can change quality of the recording just like a VCR to save HD space. There are 8 timer events you can program. It will do DAILY or WEEKLY or DATE events. Once all 8 are full or anytime you want you can delete events. This will free up your events to use again.

Now for playing back the recordings that is very easy as well. Just hit the play button on the remote and it will bring up the list of recordings. Here you can choose what show you want to watch. It will fast forward up to 20x. Another nice feature I noticed was you could skip shows while watching and move to the next recorded show using the double fast forward button. Very nice indeed.

Tested CW100-R on CW600sp and all the above apply except no need to use timer in CW100-R it is automatic with the Timers in the EPG for the CW600s and CW600sp units. Just open EPG and select movie you want to record by pressing the GREEN button on remote and it will start the recording and change the channel for you, all in one step.

Tested CW100-R on a HD unit and I have to tell you that it is very impressive. The quality of the Picture is very close to the HD quality. Not sure how the box is doing that but it does. This means those with Other Devices that have HD can use this as a Tivo unit and record your HD channels. This box can be used with anything that has RCA outputs.

Issues needed to be resolved:

1.On HQ mode for a 2-hour show it will split the recording into 2 files. One at 1.68Gigs and the other at 449Megs. Will be nice to increase the size of the file saved to allow for one file per show. I notice that when only recording a show that was only 1 hour 30 minutes it was all in one file. By changing the quality (HQ, SP, LP, EP, SLP or SEP) also you can shrink the file size to one file for 2 hours.

2.Names of the recordings are generic but you can rename them after recording through the menu. I have already suggested that they have it go into the EPG and get name of show from there. This will most likely be able to happen on Captive Works Units, as their bins will support this box.

3.Unit will turn off after recording a timed event using the timer menu. Would be nice to let it stay on. You have to turn unit back on to view live TV again. All these things can be changed with new upgraded software, which I am being told, is easy to load. So looks like Captive Works has thought long and hard about this one.
Attached Files DVB_recorder.rar (400.4 KB, 26 views) hope this helps got it from future-fta*info chang the * to a dot .

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
cw will be offering the cw600p and cw-100r pvr add on for 199+ tax this is a great deal from captive works go cw and team keep up the good work and support

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 24
Any store selling captiveworks in Vancouver BC? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
call this 1 he might deliver or no of a store near you Wiredunderground Corporation
Calgary, AB T3H 1C5 Canada
403-389-4291

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1167
CW100-R This is a very nice unit..Note This is not an FTA receiver. It is a DVB recorder and can basically make any unit a PVR. Also u can Load BIN files through USB.
Soon will be out live buffering option, which is basicly like TIVO where you can pause and rewind live TV. This will be released as updated software, just like they do with the receivers, all you will have to do is put the file on a USB stick & go to the file and press ok. It will update the recorders software.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us