Pansat 2500, fortec ultra .pantec owners...read

Username: Ne1b4me

Post Number: 9
one of the better freeware testers has coded your boxes to a 2700 pansat...many are testing this file
now. no memory my mommas but
real testers owe jvvh a big thank you on this one.
reports look good ,fast changes ,4 day epg .etc..
jtag file only. thanks jvvh ,chancy, all the others at the CCc.

test on

cheers

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 179
Does anyone really understands what t freenet is trying to say???????

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 613

Hey tipit
He did say cheers so my guess is that,
he is still on Happy Hour.

Bronze Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 55
He's telling you that you can upgrade a Pansat 2500a (and clones) to a 2700. It's coming to your neighborhood soon. Join, read, learn and be enlightened! Here's how...

http://www.curious-contraptions.(dot com)/forums/showthread.php?t=59409

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1872
This is a very significant break through. The 2500 and the clones (including FLU) are upgraded to 2700 through software and hardware. The hardware part is not needed if you do not need the vertical scan, but it might be worth it to get the memery upgraded to 2M.
It is in development stage. There is still some work needed. The recommended version if the h version, although some people trying it have reverted to f version.
IT IS NOT for the general body of users. You must be an experienced tester and must know Jtag technique.
Once the bugs are ironed out, it will mean a new life to the 2500 and clones.

Username: Ne1b4me

Post Number: 10
whew the density can be thick here at times

at least 50% get it.

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1279
I would like to see how much patience would be necessary to do the soldering of the surface-mounted chip needed to increase the memory.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1876
The hardware part for a electronics hobbyist is not difficult. It would be nice if somebody created a plugin daughter card that would plug into the emptied flash rom socket. It would minimise the soldering needed on the main board.
An etrepreneur hobbyist can make a side income upgrading the old receivers.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 617

Hey freenet
Next time try the English language.
So maybe then 100% will understand.

BTW what do you mean by (no memory my mommas)

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 601
Friends,

I don't like this J-Tagging thing and I've never did it before to my Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra. Is there any software file that can convert my receiver into a Pansat 2700? I don't wanna open my box, etc. I have Null and Straight cable, so if there's a file that can convert my receiver into a Pansar 2700, please tell me. I am asking this because Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultras are gonna die soon, which means there will be new files for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1972
AV: Were you able to convert your FLU to 2700 clone?

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
No - I'm gonna wait for 5 or 10 people. Now, 2 of my friends converted their FLU into Pansat 2700 and the theme is chnaged - It's a little similar to FLU, but not same. I went to my friend's house and saw his FLU, which is now Pansat 2700 and works good and a little better than FLU. The another reson why I'm not converting my receiver, because I don't know how this J-Tagging thing works. I never did J-Tagging before. But, YES it's safe and a lot of people have converted their Pansat 2500 Clones into Pansat 2700 and I'm hearing positive results. If you wanna convert you receiver, too...I suggest you to wait one or two weeks till we know that the converting is 100% safe and works....I'll tell you...when I convert my box :-).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1973
I have not seen discussion on this subject at 4 sites I visited.

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
Probably people are testing it. This guys told me that there will be a software bin for converting, which means no J-Tagging stuff needed. I'm waiting for it, so I don't have to buy JTAG stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7901
This conversion has worked well for some allegedly, but has MANY issues and bugs..this right now is NOT for the NON Tester and its future is still very questionable..what I find interesting is that U are NOT changing the receiver's memory size, but can get BOTH DN and Bev providers using the present 295v1 bin, contrary to Blacklists insistence that the 2500's receivers memory is too small to create 1 bin for BOTH providers..

cannot use serial ports...MUST Jtag...requires future bins made specifically for 2500 to 2700 conversion receivers...future bins MUST be jtagged in..

This info is all from the creator of this procedure and conversion..

BTW...this is discussd heavily at some sites...other sites don't want to release this yet until the numerous bugs are fixed, if ever..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1974
The conversion and avialability of both DN and BEV has been well discussed at CCC by the creator of the BIN, including the use of redundant memory. The dicussion is pretty technical and beyond the need of the users here.
The use of the extra 1MB in Pansat clones (total 2mb) is also discussed and the software recognises and uses this extra memory in the clones.
The conclusion by many of the technical testors has been that it works very well in the clones. It is a Jtag only BIN and I personally am not recommending it for general use.
The techincal thread as posted by Shenanigans is:
http://www.curious-contraptions.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59409

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 193
I tested this convertion on a V0rtex 7700 pro and it worked like magic. The box has been running good for the past two days now. Channel change speed increased, better time setting options, and I can say it is a 2700 with all the features.
I used Skymax to do the Jtag and it worked fine....

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 172
I too find it interesting that BL has been saying that the 2500 does not have enough memory to have a bin file for both dn and bev but with the upgrade it does.
Cofusing since as LK said you are not increasing the memory just upgrading the system to run on the 2700 bin files.
Can anyone explain this to me? Are the bin files for the 2700 smaller?

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
I have done alot of reading in the past couple of days on this upgrade and havent found anything about the memory.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1993
Eatfish: Read my post two above you, and for further information read the interesting thread at CCC.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1994
eatfish: "havent found anything about the memory."
In the CCC thread you will find some clever way in which the author of this conversion has used redundant memory. Others have modified the genuine Pansat receiver to have a 2Mbyte flash and you will read their experience there.
The I version which people are using, are mostly with clones. Most of the clone 2500s have 2Mbyte memory. The conversion is able to use this extra memory.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7962
no, actually they are larger...if U read the 9 pages linked , it appears that the conversion somehow disguises its memory size and fools the receiver...well I don't understand if thats true, then why couldn't/doesn't Blacklist do the same with his 2500 bins..

2500 bin 289....640 kb which has BOTH DN and Bev
2700 bin 295v1..768 kb which the 2500 uses with conversion

Gold Member

Post Number: 1995
If you read the CCC threads in detail (there are two thread there), you may find that at some point the author has used compressed code in the flash which he then moves to and expands into RAM. Plus he uses some redundant areas of the 2500 flash memory where according to him there wa no use made.
The bottom line still seems to be that you should use it on existing clones with 2MByte flash for best results.
I am using "2MByte" rather then 2MB, because people have been confused between Bits and Bytes in the CCC thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Lk and Nalin thankyou for the info, I did the reading and understand what you are saying. I should have clarified the question, LK I am wondering the same as you why does BL not use the same technique for the 2500 bins.
I am thinking that BL and Pansat are wanting to get rid of the older 2500s and there clones try and get another share of the market when people decide to upgrade.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
I am going to try and do the upgrade this weekend on my inlaws 2500. I will report back on how it goes or doesnt go.

Bronze Member
Username: Whoami

Post Number: 23
HEY FISHY BOY I THOUGHT YOU WERE ADMIN AND A MOD SOMEWHERE. TOO STOOPID TO FIGURE THIS OUT. uSE YOUR HEAD FOR MORE THAN A C0CK REST.
CLOSE THAT JIZZ HOLE AND GO BACK TO YOUR SMALL CR@PPY SITES. YOU TOLD PEOPLE TO IGNORE NOW I FIND YOU SO YOU GET IT.
WHO AM I FISHY BOY DO YOU KNOW.
STOOOOPID FOCKER.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
I dont know or care who you are. If you have visited the sites I help at please let me know who you are so I can at least get rid of you there.
As for not knowing, this is a hobby in which I at least am always learning. I have not been around this hobby as long as some people but have been around for a while now.
Back to the intent of the thread just ignore this post and the one above please.
Lk do you still have the members to ignore list I would like you to add whoami to it.

Bronze Member
Username: Rtap

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 73
please get rid of this person hiding in the closet .really whoami the problem is you still haven't found yourself until you do no one really wants to spend thier time trying to figure who the hell u are. eatfish just ignore this idiot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7971
I believe BOTH, Jorge Manual and whoami, are a well known female here..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2004
It is the psychotic parnoid LK talking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7977
did I say U?...who's the paranoid one?...we all know U have mental issues, but never said U were "whoamI"..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2009
LK: Go and take your medication. This was a nice thread till you butted in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7983
all the threads were good and better until U arrived here!...I see U still are giving out falsei info in all your replies!....except for your copy/paste of mine that U continually use daily!

BUT U have mastered the "reboot receiver with rear switch" answer...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2016
LK: Get out of this thread. Nobody needs you here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7988
U really have the condescending "slave" attitude down pat!...I guess its true about women being treated inferior where U are from..so u're making up for it now , huh!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2017
LK: You have finished posting in this thread. Now you are here to ruin it. This thread is not about women - it is about converting a 2500 to 2700.
There are NO women here to give you the kind of pleasures you are looking for.
Go and take your medication.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7990
I'm NOT done here UNTIL U are GONE!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2019
Posted by t freenet on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 07:01 am:

one of the better freeware testers has coded your boxes to a 2700 pansat...many are testing this file

test on

cheers

Gold Member

Post Number: 7993
Posted by t freenet on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 07:01 am:

test on

cheers

Gold Member

Post Number: 2020
Posted by Shenanigans on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 11:21 am:
He's telling you that you can upgrade a Pansat 2500a (and clones) to a 2700. It's coming to your neighborhood soon. Join, read, learn and be enlightened! Here's how...

http://www.curious-contraptions.(dotcom)/forums/showthread.php?t=59409

Gold Member

Post Number: 7997
the sky is blue!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2021
Posted by Nalin Nyda on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 01:29 pm:
This is a very significant break through. The 2500 and the clones (including FLU) are upgraded to 2700 through software and hardware. The hardware part is not needed if you do not need the vertical scan, but it might be worth it to get the memery upgraded to 2M.
It is in development stage. There is still some work needed. The recommended version if the h version, although some people trying it have reverted to f version.
IT IS NOT for the general body of users. You must be an experienced tester and must know Jtag technique.
Once the bugs are ironed out, it will mean a new life to the 2500 and clones.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2022
Since that post of mine, the "I" version has become somewhat stable and utilises the 2Mbyte flash memory of many of the 2500 clones

Gold Member

Post Number: 8001
this is a test...what will nalin reply?...she MUST have the last word!...LMAO

I knew she'd reply to "the sky is blue"..she has this compulsive disorder to have the last word on everything....

Username: Kc4njx

Bradenton, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
any one knows what loader and bin file i should use for a colsat 8000

Gold Member

Post Number: 8003
[link removed]

loader, bin and info all here..

bin 110...loader V1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2027
bob durrant : The latest C00LSAT BIN was released yesterday. If you go to Dssrookies.com you can get the latest loader there too.
If you use the following URL make sure you remove the * from the word C00LSAT as the site does not allow posting the url as is.

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-cs-8000-files-font-b/cool*sat-8000-norw111-125286.html

C00LSAT 8000 NORW111

1. At Dish setting and Manual Search menu, it will show the name of satellite which is now locked.
2. New Upgrade loader : No need to receiver off and on.
3. At DiSEqC1.2 and USALS control menu, we add DiSEqC setting menu.
4. At Main menu->Channel-> Sorting menu, we add SID sorting feature.
5. At Channel list and EPG menu, press "OK" and will move to normal VIDEO mode.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2028
Also use the upgraded loader. Remove the * from this url.

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-cs-8000-files-font-b/cool*sat-updated-loader-2-25-a-123771.html

C00LSAT Updated Loader 2.25

files was too big..split them in 2..unzip both files in same folder and click on .exe

Attached Files
upgrade__225_part1.rar (1.00 MB)
upgrade__225_part2.rar (933.9 KB)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8007
That is the KEY loader v1 posted...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8008
I recommend U use the OFFICIAL Coo*lsat site for all your Coo*lsat files and needs!

Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00*LSAT Official site)

Username: Kc4njx

Bradenton, Fl Usa

Post Number: 4
thanks lk

Gold Member

Post Number: 2030
This is the key updater as posted at dssrokie. remove the * from URL

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-cs-8000-files-font-b/cool*sat-8000-hd-v8-32-key-updater-123772.html

C00LSAT 8000 HD v8.32 key updater

unzip both files in same folder and click on .exe

Attached Files
keyupdater v8.32_part1.rar (1.40 MB)
keyupdater v8.32_part2.rar (941.9 KB)

Bronze Member
Username: Jay4u

-, - -

Post Number: 18
any new file's for fortec life ultra..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8010
Heres ALL the Coo*lsat files and info...this is the OFFICIAL Coo*lsat site..AND THEIR COO*LSAT 8000 SECTION

[link removed]

BTW...newest loader is NOT 2.25 as nalin thinks!...newEst is 3.01!...NALIN IS ALWAYS PROVIDING BOGUS INFO!

norw-group
NorWest Join Date: Nov 2005

Coo*lsat new loader CSUpgrade_v3.01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the newest loader program.
Warning: Use at your own risk

CSUpgrade_v3.01.zip (33.8 KB, 470 views)

Get your info and Files right DIRECTLY from the source and creators!...definitely NOT from Nalin or her 3rd party answers, sites and info..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2033
LK: You did not even know that there was a BIN 111, so why don't you go and take your medication? You were the one providing wrong information to people.
Take a rest in psychiatric ward - that is where you belong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8012
Heres ALL the Coo*lsat files and info...this is the OFFICIAL Coo*lsat site..AND THEIR COO*LSAT 8000 SECTION

[link removed]

Get your info and Files right DIRECTLY from the source and creators!...definitely NOT from Nalin or her 3rd party answers, sites and info..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8013
norw-group
NorWest Join Date: Nov 2005

COO*LSAT 8000 v111 02-22-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. At Dish setting and Manual Search menu, it will show the name of satellite which is now locked.

2. New Upgrade loader : No need to receiver off and on.

3. At DiSEqC1.2 and USALS control menu, we add DiSEqC setting menu.

4. At Main menu->Channel-> Sorting menu, we add SID sorting feature.

5. At Channel list and EPG menu, press "OK" and will move to normal VIDEO mode.

Download Here

Gold Member

Post Number: 2034
I posted a search for "CSUpgrade_v3.01" at the F2atv.com site and this is what I got in reply.

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

Gold Member

Post Number: 2035
LK: YOU have the obssesion to post always. Saturday morning is when you start your drinking early.
So,
1. Stop drinking
2. Take your medication.
3. Stop chasing me. I am NOT the sexuaal satisfaction you are looking for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Ok back to what this thread is about. I did it updated my inlaws 2500 to a 2700. It is actually easier than you would think. Just follow the instructions given by the site you get it from.
Running well now for 2 hours still going to test it for the next week see what happens I will report any findings.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8016
Nalin Nyda
Gold Member

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 12:08 pm:

I posted a search for "CSUpgrade_v3.01" at the F2atv.com site and this is what I got in reply.

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

hey nalin...when U figure out how to use "SEARCH", U will find this..

Direct link to the upgrader loader v 3.01
[link removed]

BTW...don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't do u with cartiers dik..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2039
The search failed and it still fails to find the file. You want to have a quarell, go quarell with the site managers.
I told you to stop chasing me, and stop you will.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8019
U failed...a long time ago!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2041
LK: I said STOP CHASING ME.
If you want to test, go and test it yourself.
This thread has nothing to do with C00LSAT, and other people want to talk about the intent of the thread

Gold Member

Post Number: 8021
then quit posting after me!

Bronze Member
Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 97
a yo LK, man dis box is gettin on my nerves, i tried everything. put tha keys in, turn tha box off, turned off autoroll. it keep sayin waiting for pic. please help. i got tha 290 bin

Gold Member

Post Number: 2054
LK: You are the one that is posting after me. I was posting here before you were and you started with your ususal intrusion. You have no knowledge of what this thread was about, nor have you the guts to proceed with the conversion.
I will not go with your profanity. I suggest you go and take your medication.

Username: Prrincess_fisuy

Bridgetown, West indies Barbados

Post Number: 4
Hey any numbers yet for DN?

Username: Thunder_lightning

Post Number: 5
Princess Dn is still running..didn't change yeah and the wrong thread you are asking..
link 4 keys 4 next time..
[link removed]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us