Archive through November 24, 2006AV100
Archive through November 01, 2006LK100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Username: Bikesrules

Post Number: 2
ok thanks i will try...

Post Number: 3
oh that's great it works !!! Thanks you all !!!

Post Number: 4
but what can I do if I don't get all the channel...some like spike, play boy and some Vu says "scrambled or bad channel". I'm on BEV with Nimiq 1.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 471
Bikesrules,

Re-scan all of your satellites. Some channels on BellExpressVu (BEV) got moved to different Transponder (TP) and PLAYB0Y is one of them. So, re-scanning the satellites will solve your problem. Good Luck!

Username: Kimo74

Post Number: 1
Hi ALL
Is there any new keys or files for the fortec star FTA. mine is not working any more.. please helpppppppppppp

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1352
You can find the lates bin 287t at [link removed]

Dear Prfrmnj
i found 2 files at al7abar.com. under the name bin287t. i downloaded one, and there was a green light moving across the screen of my reciver for like 5 min after i downloaded. i am not sure what does it mean. is there any link i can find this bin file dorectly. i am new in this sorry

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
You have night rider lights. Did you download this from the Fortec area?

You are going to need to follow the instructions I will post in a few seconds.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1369
Here are the instructions for recovering from Night Rider Lights.

Instuctions for uploading a BIN.
1. You will need a 9 pin F/F cable - for Pansat 2500 and clones it is a staight DB9 RS232 cable.
2. Download the 287T BIN. Unzip it using winzip.exe
3. Download BL Updater 1.4
4. disconnect the cable from the LNB or Switch coming into your receiver.
5. Keep the receiver off and connect the DB9 cable to the receiver and computer.
6. Start (Run) BL Updater. Default COM1 should be OK in most case, but if it does not work you can change it to COM 2.
7. Select BIN and get the 287T Bin ready in the window for uploading.
8. Be ready to start both the receiver (the switch at the back) and the upload.
9. Switch the reciver on, and immediately click on the mouse to start the upload process.
10. You will see uploading in progress to 100%.
11. WAIT, WAIT. You will see the notice burning the flash ROM.
12. After the ROM burnng, you will get the message of completion. Wait a little and then turn off the reciever.
13. Disconnect the receiver, connect it to the LNB or Switch and turn it on.
14. Let the autoroll work - if it does not, turn autoroll off. Make sure the time and zone settings are correct. If necessary, install the keys manually.
15. Scan your satellite if necessary.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1370
This should have been the file you downloaded.

I've tested this file and it is safe.
[link removed]

its me again
I downladed this file you pasted the link for me in. I used this loader >> Al7abar.tk STB updater. i connected the receiver to my pc and i started downloading. i got 100% d0wnload i clicked ok. this green light started and it didn't end :-( . it is still doing the same. should i used a different loader or what.. my reciver is Fortecstar life time ultra

To prfrmanj

may i ask how to turn the autoroll on and off ??
am i stupied or asking stupied questions..if you felt so please don't think i am..i am just new

Post Number: 5
where is the BL updater 1.4 ..is there any one can answer me plz

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1245
Kamal-Kamal-Kamal. You had good instuctions from PRFRMNJ, and you should be up and running.
You will find that the BL updater 1.4 is good and easy to use.
Also DnUpMan_060414.zip is said to have good updater in it. You should extract the executable file before using it.
Also make sure you unzip the 287T before you use it.
Because of the problems you have had, I suggest you get BIN 284T or even 280T and upload it first, then upload the BIN 287T. Make sure you wait, wait for the full burn to take place.
You will get BL updater 1.4 and/or the other uploader from
http://www.totalfta.com
http://www.dssevolution.com
http://www.dsstester*com
and many other sites.
Please post after success.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1246
The EPG software in the BIN make it freeze sometimes if you have wrong date or zone. Make sure you have the correct date/time and zone before you start uploading, and check after the uploading.

Post Number: 6
Dear Nalin, and prfrmanj
I did ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
its now working. thanks all, and i prmoise next time to be more smart.. thanks guys alot

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
Kamal - Good to hear...

Post Number: 7
Hi PRFRMNJ
I know i am asking too many questions. I have 2 dishes attached to my receiver through a switch. one of them is pointed to Echo 7 (110 west). when i connect this dish alone to my recevier it work just fine.Once i conect it to the switch it it says TIP update and data saving then tells me it is a bad channels. i changed the switch and still the same problem. my receiver is forteckstar life time ultra. any clue ????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1406
Kamal - Echo 7 is 119 west Echo 8 is 110 west. You need to find out what switch you are using. you should be using a DISEcQ switch and connect your 119 to input 1 and 110 to input 2. Then you need to configure you antenas accordingly. That will solve your problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 83
OK this is from MY dealer.... but i hope this helps ... also echo 6/8 is now known as 8/10
I know some of the disecq setting writen in this C/p may be wrong but it does explan most of the other settings and HOW TOs also.
Dish Setup / Aiming and How to Download Channels

These instructions apply to all Multi-Star, Fortec Lifetime Ultra receivers using PANSAT compatible software.

Elliptical Dish Instructions

THE LNBS SHOULD BE POSITIONED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BRACKET THAT HOLDS THEM. THESE POSITIONS ARE NOT MARKED. THE LNBS SHOULD BE TOUCHING IN THE MIDDLE, LEAVING A GAP ON THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE PLASTIC ADAPTOR ON BOTH SIDES ABOUT 1 INCH.
YOUR MAST (pole) MUST BE 100% VERTICAL and PLUM in order to successfully locate BOTH satellites on 1 DISH.
When standing behind the dish, the 119 Satellite is on the LEFT LNB, 110 satellite is on the RIGHT LNB.

Elliptical Dishes: set the SKEW to 67 degrees (Elliptical Dish); Please set your elevation to 32 degrees.
(The marker is the edge of the inside bracket, painted red or silver, not the BOLT.)

DISH 500 ROUND dish: set the SKEW to 112 degrees. Please set your elevation to 32 degrees.

Connect the white wire to 110 LNB. Connect the black wire to 119. You will need a small connector to connect these wires to the long wire that goes to your FTA receiver. (this connector is not provided)

If this is a brand new receiver, or you have deleted all of your channels, you will be forced into the Menu. Select ENGLISH and press OK. Otherwise, Press MENU to begin your setup. Press OK on INSTALLATION / DISH SETUP, then Press OK on ANTENNA SETUP. Select EchoStar 6,8 (sometimes called Echo 8.6/ku or Echo 110 or similar name) Press OK.
The satellite should now have a little checkmark beside it and the name of the selected satellite will appear in black on the left side of the screen. The orange cursor will now be visible on the right hand portion of the setup screen. You should see two bars near the bottom of the screen. The LEVEL indicator is on the TOP and the QUALITY indicator is on the BOTTOM. For our purposes, we are watching the QUALITY only, for the best signal possible. (above 60). You are now ready to rotate your dish and achieve the best signal possible on the Quality bar.

Start by sweeping the dish from the SOUTH of the sky towards the WEST, until you find a signal. (Watch the QUALITY BAR on your TV SCREEN) Once found, try to make small, subtle adjustments to your dish to improve the signal as much as possible. Fine tune the satellite by making very small adjustments to ALL THREE VARIABLES (Azimuth, Elevation and SKEW) You may wish to tighten your bolts at your best signal strength. Now, let's check what satellite signal we actually are receiving by DOWNLOADING the active channels from the satellite service. We will now download your channels from the satellite.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD CHANNELS FROM A SATELLITE

VERY IMPORTANT SETUP INFORMATION

We will downloaded each satellite individually to try to reduce the complexity of this setup. It is very important that you understand you DO NOT NEED TO DISCONNECT THE WIRES FROM THE SWITCH AND DOWNLOAD EACH SATELLITE individually ever again. (Unless we are helping you trouble-shoot your installation) You must set your DISECQ switch settings correctly FIRST, from now on, if you wish to re-download channels. Echo 6,8 uses DISECQ switch # 1. Echo 7 uses DISECQ switch #4.This will not change unless you physically change the wiring on the switch, which you should not do.

** If you have previously aimed your dish, and are now redownloading channels only, please set your DISECQ FIRST **

NEW CUSTOMERS: -> You are already in the ANTENNA SETUP MENU. Select the EchoStar 6,8 (110) on the menu by pressing [OK]. On the right side of the screen your settings should be as follows (without using the DISECQ switch)

LNB TYPE: Standard

LNB Frequency : 11250

22 Khz: OFF

DiSeCq: OFF <- set to # 1 when instructed to do so.

SKEW: -45 <--- ignore this setting

TP: [ 1 ] 12223 v 20.000

Positioner Settings: Disabled

Satellite Scan: ALL

Now Press OK to begin scanning for channels.

This will go to a new menu, showing TV channels on the left, and RADIO on the right. It is now downloading all active channels to your receiver. We are verifying that you have the correct signal expect to see PCLAS, PELIC channels appear quickly. If not, cancel by pressing EXIT. If the download is correct, allow it to finish. Press exit to return to a full-screen tv channel (not a preview window).

You must now power off your receiver (flip black switch on back of receiver to do this or unplug power) before disconnecting the 110 LNB and reconnecting the wire to the 119 LNB. Not powering off your receiver could cause a spark/short circuit and this will void your warranty and could KILL your receiver. Now that you have connected the 119, continue as below:

Now Go back into the ANTENNA SETUP MENU by Press MENU to begin your setup. Press OK on INSTALLATION / DISH SETUP, then Press OK on ANTENNA SETUP. Select the Echostar 7 (119) on the menu by pressing OK. On the right side of the screen your settings should be as follows (without using the DISECQ switch)

LNB TYPE: Standard

LNB Frequency : 11250

22 Khz: OFF

DiSeCq: OFF <- set to # 4 when instructed to do so.

SKEW: -45 <--- ignore this setting

TP: [ 2 ] 12239 <---- This must be set to find this satellite signal

Positioner Settings: Disabled

Satellite Scan: ALL

Now Press OK to begin scanning for channels.

This should go to a new menu, showing TV channels on the left, and RADIO on the right. It is now downloading all active channels to your receiver. To verify you have the correct signal, channels BET, BRAVO and ANIMAL should appear in a minute or two. If not, cancel by pressing Exit. Once the download has completed successfully, power off the receiver.

Now you must connect the DISECQ switch provided. The Echo 6,8 (white) wire connects to port #1, the Echo 7 (black wire) connects to port #4. The Long wire from your receiver connects to the port labelled RCV.

*** You MUST go back into the antenna setup as described above and change the Disecq setting for each satellite from OFF to the appropriate number ( 1 for 110, 4 for 119 ). Press exit on the remote and press OK to allow the receiver to save the changes when you leave each satellites setup screen. ***

You are now complete the aiming portion of these instructions. You may also wish to SORT your channels according to your preferences. Valid choices are ALPHABETICAL, DISH NETWORK pre-defined order, Transponder order ...)

To sort channels in DISHNETWORK order (recommended)

Press SAT
Select ECHOSTAR Package (also called DISH PACKAGE)
Press OK
Select any channel from the list;
Press OK. (this confirms your selection)

Your channels will now appear in the GUIDE/EPG or CHANNEL list in DISHNETWORK order. (ie. PPV channels are 500's)

Bronze Member
Username: Jaz06

Post Number: 18
need help, my fortec ultra says bad channel no signal since this morning, tried rebooting-nothing. Just changed the keys and still nothing. Are the indian channels going again or what??

Post Number: 8
hello PRFRMNJ and all i have a question
i have a question.when i turn my recevier on and go for any channel it give me a message wait for picture..10%..20% ...etc till like 400% ..why this is happening ..and how can i turn the auto roll on and off... waiting and thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 92
you need the new keys thats all.. find them on here somewhere .. some has posted the new i am sure by now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1432
Kamal - What receiver????

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7173
he has a Fortec Ultra (posted above in his previous post)...so he needs to just look in the menu, presuming he's using bin 287T, and will see the autoroll shut off...then manually enter the latest keys....

Newbies and FTA receiver owners need to start READING and testing their OWN receivers...pushing some buttons on the remote will NOT harm your receiver..

Bronze Member
Username: Dure

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 43
Some Indian channels SunTV not working in my FUL -scrambled signals. KTV is ok. I did Blind scan, TP scan, put the power off from the back black switch and waited for 5-10mts and switched on. Changed the bin to 287T also.Nothing doing.
With some other brand receiver SunTV is working. Please let me know whats wrong and the remedy for it. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dure

Post Number: 44
Some Indian channels SunTV not working in my FUL -scrambled signals. KTV is ok. I did Blind scan, TP scan, put the power off from the back black switch and waited for 5-10mts and switched on. Changed the bin to 287T also.Nothing doing.
With some other brand receiver SunTV is working. Please let me know whats wrong and the remedy for it. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 7182
sat 61.5 is down by DN ECM..

Post Number: 9
Dear LK
i understand sometimes people including me ask a very stupied question for someone like you. But this doesn't mean they are stupid or idiots or lazy. It might be new for them. For me my receiver drive me crazy and i am new in all of that.. give me a clue to ask without make u made or feel we are asking stupied questions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
Kamal: Do you have two outputs from one dish and another output from the other dish? If so, connect them to threeinputs of a DiseqC switch and see if you suceed. You will have to also activate the connections in the the software - Menu/Installation/Antenna/Echo7 etc
If you have a Dishpro switch with several inputs and several outputs, you have a problem - you will have to put your DN receiver on output no. 1 and your FTA receiver on output 2 for things to work. In that situation, you will need a separate DiseqC switch for the second dish
http://www.dssrookie.com
for more help.
In this forum you can look at Kings corner for advanced users for some diagrams, etc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7194
Nalin....blow me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1433
Kamal - You are still not providing the right information. I understand you have two dishes attached to your receiver, but my questions are:

Why two dishes?
What LNB's are you using?
What switches?

If you have a single LNB on each dish and you have a DN provided receiver - chances are you are running a SW21 witch (which is not FTA Friendly) and they are pointed to 110 & 119.

You really need to read up in this thread as most of those problems have been addressed. But you HAVE to be specific about what you have or we can't point you in the right direction. READING is a must in order to learn. I have no problems answering questions and helping out, but I do expect effort from anyone trying to learn and the only way they will learn is to read.

Post Number: 10
I have 2 dishes one is pointed to at 82.0°W(echo4). the other one is pointed to 110 west (echo8). I don't know the type of LNP I have but I know that each LNB has 2 ends. So I take a wire from each end I connect it to the switch. The type of switch I am using is called DMS international (my receiver is forteck star ultra). I connect the 110 west to Diseqc 3. and I connect the 82 west to diseqc 1. When I connect each one alone to the receiver I get all the channels. Once I connect both to the switch I lose the 110 west channels (gives me a bad channels). When I go to any channel on 110 west it ask me to wait then it switch by itself to 82 west. I hope I explained the problem to you. About doing some reading, of course I don't mind reading to learn more about what I am doing. You point to any article or any web site that explain everything to the beginners like me and I won't mind reading it. The problem is some sites I opened is explaining to people know what they are doing, but not for beginners. Thanks all

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
Kamal: It is quite possible you have two duals and you are already aligned nicely for reception from one dish for 110W and 119W (DN satelites Echo 8.1 and Echo 7 respectively) and on the second dish for 82W and 91W (BEV channels Nimiq 2 and Nimiq 1 respectively). In that case you should be using all 4 inputs of your disEqC switch. PRFRMNJ might have more on this. Would be nice to know the names of your LNBs.
This would still not give you many Indian channels which are normally available at 61.5W or 121W or 148W, but currently only half are available.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
lol nalin i am not indian so its ok for me. 2nd i think bell express is not working any more. do we have to get new keys or files. because i lost all the channels now. I DIDN'T TOUCH MY RECEVIER BEFORE ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT I DID...it is gone by itself

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
BEV - no new keys since yesterday. Big ECM going on on BEV channels affecting a lot of receivers except the viewsats and sonicview. Same ECM as I mentioned for 61.W on DN

Gold Member

Post Number: 1292
The problems on 61.5W (Echo 3) are suddenly over. I don't know why, but all channels are suddenly back.
I do not know about BEV. This happened in the last half hour or less

Gold Member

Post Number: 1442
Kamal - if you have one LNB with two ends then you have a dual LNB. One line should go to your switch with the DN receivers (probably a SW21) switch and the other should go to your DISEcQ switch for your Fortec. What you will need to do is make sure you have configured your antenas properly. After reading all your posts, you state everything but your antena configurations. That may very well be your problem.

Nalin - I don't know how true this is, but I just talked to some friend in the intel community and they tell me that they also had problems with their systems and atribute it to the floating debrees of the blown sat. Don't know if that was the case and we thought it was an ECM, but I have not lost any channels with any of my recievers (Fortec/Pansat/Viewsat).

Bronze Member
Username: Chatau

Montreal, Canada Qc Canada

Post Number: 14
you have news from FortecStarUltra????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1454
Tony - No clone bins have been released as of this moment. Trust me when they are released you'll either see LK or Myself let everyone know (more likely LK) but you will know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
Tony: Right now "no news is good news". There probably will be a new BIN 288T, but it is not out yet and there is nothing very urgent about it.
Enjoy TV using 287T BIN for FLU

Gold Member

Post Number: 1301
Sorry PRFRMNJ - the posts got overlapped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
My Fortec working now,BIN 288T

Gold Member

Post Number: 1304
Tony: I am glad you are up and running with 288T. I tried to find the file, but did not succeed. Could you please post the URL or name of the site where you found it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1461
For those looking for the 288t, you can get it here as well:

[link removed]

LOL Nalin - just as long as we are trying to help others that's all that matters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
http://www.ftabins.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Username: Jaa

haven't used FLU since march can't get to download new bin say's failed. what loader do i need? what's wrong? any help appreciated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Hi all how can i get the channel guide on the fortecstar ultra, and channel detalies. i am looking for the channel list and guide for the dish 110. when i open the guide in my receriver it is blank. any clue

Bronze Member
Username: Coldgirl

Canada

Post Number: 40
Today when I put on the new fix 288T and hooked it up to my tv, it came up with epg loading. You can let it load or exit. I have always exited. Today I have a good working guide.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks audrey i got the guide

Bronze Member
Username: Orjane

hello guys
1- I am getting Scrambled or Bad Signal on BEV Channels. I have double checked and the keys are correct. Any suggestions how this can be corrected.
I have been since, at least, 2 dyas.
thanks so muche

Bronze Member
Username: Crazy416

Post Number: 22
anyone getting nimiq 2 channels to work with the new 288t bin?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I think BEV is down now. I have fortec star ultra receiver and takes for ever till it get the guide. is this normal or i should download somthing to increase the speed of guide downloading

Gold Member

Post Number: 1535
Kamal - That's normal for the Fortec. Make sure you have the time an region set correctly. But it is normal for slow EPG on Fortecs.

Username: Fizzy

Ok so im new at this and i need some help downloading a new bin to my reciever first off what kind of cable can i use if my computer doesnt have a 9 pin port, i got a female 9 pin and a 25 male but it doesnt work can someone please tell me where to buy a cable that will connect the reciever to the computer thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1575
Fizzy - The instructions are posted in this same thread. Please make sure you follow the correct instructions. Read my post #1238 for proper flashing instructions. You will need a straight through RS232 cable and USB converter. You can get these just about anywhere. Make sure you get your files from reputable sites ONLY.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Hi all
i started to lose some of the PPV channels in the echo8 (110 west). i think that BEV are not working any more. Is there any new bin coming soon ???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1581
Kamal - I assume you are talking Bev and not DN, correct?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 490
All ppv on bev and DN are workin 100%

the channels that are being lost are some ethnic ones not PPV

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Yes prfrmnj. But may be i should re download the channels again as jay saying it is working. abut DN i lost 3 PPV channels it says bad channnel..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1584
Try that and let us know...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1410
Kamal:
Bev at 82W works reasonably well using BIN 288T. With 287T, you will be getting Bad or scrambles channel message.
BEV at 91W works with BIN 288T, bit with a lot of freezes and even processor resets.
DN at 110 works mostly fine using 287T or 288T BIN
DN at 61.5 and 148 W - you get all channels using 288T, with few interruptions from freezing and occasional pocessor reset.
DN at 61.5 and 148 W - you get half the channels using 287T, but no interruptions.

When you load 288T, the autoroll may not work. In this situation, do a "set default keys", turn autoroll off, enter the keys manually and save. Then turn receiver off and on after a minute.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1474
You have an unusual problem. Try doing the upload with these exact instructions.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/280111.html#POST995612

also try uploading an older BIN if you have one and then upload the 288T.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1477
The above was wrong post - it was intended for another person to come to this thread. Ignore it

Bronze Member
Username: Dish_inq

Ontario

Post Number: 38
Hi Nalin is there new bin available for Fortec Classic na.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo75

Post Number: 66
In DSStester, some bin for Classic NA were posted, but it seam to be an old bin (061209), another bin was posted too with a strange name : kamnasjdbas.zip, I suspect-it .

Any comment about those bins

Gold Member

Post Number: 1700
Chancy just posted the 289T bin file about 40 minutes ago at www.al7bar. tk

Make sure you remove the space between the period and the "tk".

This bin is good for Pansat 2500 clones and Fortec Lifetime Ultras.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1485
X-85BL_070125_289T_db_api(N).bin by chancysand

Moded for Hughes / Tivo ir codes. Good for ALL Pansat 2500 and clones and for Fortec Lifetime Ultra.!

Get Serial Load Here:
[link removed]

Get Full Jtag File Here:
[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 1710
Carefull of what you download. Would you rather download from the originator or from a wanna be site.

Chancy posts from directly to www.al7bar. tk so either get if from Chancy or someone else.. Your call...

Bronze Member
Username: Dish_inq

Ontario

Post Number: 39
Any news for Classic na bin ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1716
AF - Nothing for the clasic as of yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7358
NJ..chancy also posts directly at ftabins.net...and its never much traffic there..small site, thats not too bad..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Hey all

if the recevier is working fine withe the 288. why should i download the 289T bin ??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1717
LK - That's always good to know... Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1515
Kamal: If you are scanning some channels in 61.5W, which were not working before with 287T or if you are scanning BEV at 91W, there are freezes and spontaneous resets in those situations with 288T.
You should there for install 289T.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7369
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Some of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community for many years now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites in this first post!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from a reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)
[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 1521
Kamal: If you are scanning some channels in 61.5W, which were not working before with 287T or if you are scanning BEV at 91W, there are freezes and spontaneous resets in those situations with 288T.
You should there for install 289T.
You already have the BL Updater 1.4 and instuctions.
You can download the file directly from the following URL.

X-85BL_070125_289T_db_api(N).bin by chancysand

Good for ALL Pansat 2500 and clones and for Fortec Lifetime Ultra.

Get Serial Load Here:
[link removed]

Username: Hems

Hi,

Hope anyone will be able to help me.. I installed latest 289T bin file and now my fortec star ultra in not working..First of all the message is "EPG Loading". I must have to press exit or EPG button from remote.. Then afterwords it gives error message "Scambled or bad channel". I don't know what to do..

Please help me..

Hemal

Hey,

I downloaded the 289 bin but some channels are missing can someone tell me how to just scan every channel instead of one seperately or tell me which sattelite to scan

Thanks
Fizzy

Gold Member

Post Number: 1822
Hemal - Verify your antena setup and then shut box down for a minute or so. Then when the EPG option comes up at the begining - press OK

Fizzy - Go to lyngsat . com and find out on what TP's are the channels that are missing. Then just scan those TP's..

PRFRMNJ,

Thanks for your reply.. May be I am asking too much but could you please tell me how can I check the antenna setup.. I am totally unaware with this all things..

Thanks in advance..

Hemal

Gold Member

Post Number: 1826
Hamal - You need to go into your receiver menu and then installation and antena setup.
Any time you load a new bin you have to verify this to make sure nothing has changed.

In order to give you good advice I really need to know what your setup is:

-What type dish
-What type LNB's
-Are you running any switches
-What does your configuration (antena setup) says.

all of this is necesary to help you.

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1083
FOr Antenna setup
1)GO TO MENU
2)INSTALLATION
3) ANTENNA SETUP
LNB TYPE - ??????
LNB FREQ - ??????
22KHZ - ?????
DISEQC -???????
SKEW - ???????
TP - ???????
POSITI SET - ????
Satellite Scan - ALL

-just fill in questions mark for ur setting that u have

Gold Member

Post Number: 1827
Mc - I'm going to copy your post above for future use. That's pretty good and it will save my typing over the same thing. I hope you don't mind....

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1084
np bro

Bronze Member

Hello all
Can the fortec star ultra receiver get the 95 satellite (direct TV) or not .\

Gold Member

Post Number: 1618
direct TV, not available.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Nalin so do i need to get a new receiver to get it or no receiver can get it ??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1839
Not DTV is avail with FTA. VideoGuard Encription is not available.

Thanks your a big help PRFRMNJ

Dear PRFRMNJ & Mc Sunny,

Thaanks for your all help..I will try it and let you know about the outcome..

Thanks,
Hemal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Hello all
is DN is down now (110 east ) ???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1885
Kamal - There is a new routine in the stream called "B1" which affects autoroll. All you need to do is manually input keys and turn autoroll off.

Username: Junit

Help! I accedentally hit factory reset.... Lost all channels so I did the whole setup thing and chose satellites nimiq1, echo1.2 (thats what I had b4) and rescanned channels....... But im not getting any international channels please help! Btw first post so hey!

Username: Jergi

where do you get the keys

Username: Webspyder01

Hello! This morning I had "wait for picture", but it never gets there ,so I input new keys ,latest 288t bin (had 287)and turned off autoroll. Still nothing. Anyone know what to try? THANKS!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1657
Latest BIN is 289T. Autoroll is not working, so you will have to turn off autoroll and enter keys manually and SAVE. At the end, trun receiver off at back and turn it on after 40 seconds.

Bronze Member
Username: Star_star

Post Number: 12
FINALLY 1 topic about my revcier

OK ---- now my reciver doesnt work says picture loading --after 1 hr --- 3234% ya and its still NOT DONE OMG HELP ME NO CHANEELS WORK I REPEAT NO CHANEELS WORK HELP MMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sry 4 spam !

Username: Saad_sajjad

is bin 289T for fortec classic also?
im missing half the international channels.
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1900
Autoroll is NOT working. You need to manually input keys and that will solve your problem. It really doesn't matter if you turn your autoroll on or off, but you need to manually enter your keys. Personally I prefer to turn the autoroll off, but you don't have to.

DN introduced a procedure yester called "B1" into the stream. Most receivers are up and running with new bin/pgm files, however the one you need will take some time.

BL has to break the bin file in two. One for BEV and another for DN only so the receiver can process it. That being said, once the file is done by BL then Chancy has to modify it to make it clone safe.

Last but not least the 289T bin is NOT for the classic. DO NOT load this file into it or you will end up with a paper weight.

AGAIN - LOAD KEYS MANUALLY and enjoy TV....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1669
BIN 289T does not work with fortec classic .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Hi all can any one paste the link to the Bin 285. i have the night rider now and i had it before and the only bin it accepted it was 285 then i uploaded the new bin. please help

Username: Mrs_tahir

but where do i get the keys which i load manually

Gold Member

Post Number: 1670
You can get your keys at the "New Keys" thread here.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/259083.html

Username: Saad_sajjad

so what can i do to get my other half of the international channels back on the fortec classic? Nalin do i need a new bin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1672
Saad: You have a Fortec classic. You are out ofluck, as the latest BIN for it will not bring in the "Indian channels."
It is probably time to buy a new receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Nalin since i tried downloding the 289 bin and i am getting these green light on my receiver and it dowload till 100% and burn but don't accept it i am not sure why.. last time i had this problem i downloaded the old bin it had then re downloaded the new bin. and i can't find the 285t bin //any one know where i can find it please helppppppppp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1674
Kamal: Becasue of multiple BIN releases, today is a bad day to get into any sites.
Tommorow you can try

Dear PRFRMNJ & Mc Sunny,

Following are my settings, please tell me what to do ? I don't have any switch installed..

Antenna setup
1)GO TO MENU
2)INSTALLATION
3) ANTENNA SETUP : ECHOSTAR 3
LNB TYPE - STANDARD
LNB FREQ - 11250
22KHZ - OFF
DISEQC -OFF
SKEW - 0
TP - (12) 12384 H 20.000
POSITI SET - DISABLE
Satellite Scan - ALL

I have entered the correct keys but I am still getting the EPG loading message.. I can able to see on the channels what program is going with the message " SCRAMBLED OR BAD CHANNEL"..

Any help will be highly appreciated....

Hemal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
here what happened to me
i tried to open my fortec ultra recevier it didn't work. so i tried to upload the new bin 289 T and i got the night rider green. i tried to re instal the bin for more than 10 times the receiver accept it till 100% and i wait for ever hoping it work it doesn't.......what should i do now ????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Here what happend to me after
i posted my comment waiting for any one to answer me. But it is friday night and every one is busy watching his TV and his receiver is working well.. and i am waiting for an answer or help..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1689
Kamal: Try uploading BIN280T first. Power down.
Then install BIN 289T.
Make sure you use the jtagless method given to you earlier.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Hi Nalin
do u have adirect link to Bin180T ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1694
BIN 280T - not 180T. Get it from

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ok Nalin here what happend.. finally i got Bin 287 uploaded into the receiver..but when i try to upload 289 it goes again into the night rider. i tried like 4 times and it is the same. i got the 289 from [link removed]. what should i do now ???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1698
Kamal: To most of the helpers here, when you use words like 287 and 289, it worries us.
FOR GOD'S SAKE, get you names and knowledge straight. You do not talk about using 287 or 289 BIN for a Fortec Ultra. You always use BINs 287T and 288T and 289T. See the T at the end?
So post again with the correct information.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
wow Nalin u don't have to be aggresive like that. It is Just A T ..LOOOL. ok i am sorry i promise i will write in the right way.. but please take it easy. so i had the 287T Bin in my receiver..But i can't install the 289T bin. i tired to do so for like 4 times and it is not working what should i do Nalin ( you see the T at the end now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1702
Kamal. do a factory reset before uploading a new BIN. In your case upload a 280T or a factory BIN first. Then do a factory reset. Then try 289T.
Use the jtagless method.
Always allow plenty of time after it says 100% and even after "complete". In your case allow at least 1 minute after "complete" before switching off..

Bronze Member

Not news from FortecStarUltra???Autoroll??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I have a fortec ultra receiver, and I am new to all of that and I am doing my best to learn how to fix it without asking too much. I tried to upload the Bin 289T and i got the night riders. So I uploaded the bin 287T again and I spent 10 times till i got it up. Then I opened my receiver and I did factory rest for the receiver. I LOOKED EVERY WHERE FOR the bin 280T to upload it first as Nalin told me but i couldn't. I tried to upload the bin 287T again for like 10 times and still having the Knight riders. Now i don't know what to do.
Please who ever is welling to help me .just tell me the steps as 1 2 3 ..And don't tell me go look for this bin or that file because simply I spent the whole day today looking for these files and I couldn't. So if someone can help and can give me the steps with links to the Bin files it will be great ..and for everyone who is expert here.. One day u were new to all of that and there was someone helping you so don't forget that

Gold Member

Post Number: 1705
Go to
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/280856.html
Find my post no 746
See if you can download BIN 281T and put it into your FLU. (use this insted of 280T I suggested before.
When you install it, make sure you turn the switch on at the back and click on the mouse to start install immediately.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Dear Nalin
i downloaded the BIN281T file and tried to upload it for like 5 times..still not working

Gold Member

Post Number: 1707
Kamal: You will have to jtag. Best if you go to a FTA dealer or knowledgable person to get you out of this dilema.

HELP !!!! HELP !!!!!

Following are my settings, please tell me what to do ? I don't have any switch installed..

Antenna setup
1)GO TO MENU
2)INSTALLATION
LNB TYPE - STANDARD
LNB FREQ - 11250
22KHZ - OFF
DISEQC -OFF
SKEW - 0
TP - (12) 12384 H 20.000
POSITI SET - DISABLE
Satellite Scan - ALL

I have entered the correct keys but I am still getting the EPG loading message.. I can able to see on the channels what program is going with the message " SCRAMBLED OR BAD CHANNEL"..

Hemal

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 93
I'm still on 286T, what do the more recent bins (287&, 288T and 289T) offer that 286T doesn't. Can someone please explain? btw, i'm only pointed to 110/119 not international sats. Also, is VS Ultra picture quality better than FLU? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
wayyyyyyyy better

Username: Amirk03

i have a fortec lifetime ultra and it is not working so can i get some help from fixing it and getting the rigth bin file.
Thanks\clipart

Username: Hopeful

Is anyone's Lifetime ultra working. I am new to this board and would like to learn how to fix my receiver myself. I have been going to the place where I bought it everytime it stopped working. They have not been able to help since Feb 1.

Hello all, I havent been able to get anything but NASA, since Feb 1st on my FLU. I`ve tried 289T, turning autoroll off/on, re-scanning ect. Maybe that B1 affects the FLU in a way not understood yet. After turning auto-roll back on ,it now does`nt update at all! Any ideas are most appreciated!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1905
Autoroll is NOT working. You need to manually input keys and that will solve your problem. It really doesn't matter if you turn your autoroll on or off, but you need to manually enter your keys. Personally I prefer to turn the autoroll off, but you don't have to.

DN introduced a procedure yester called "B1" into the stream. Most receivers are up and running with new bin/pgm files, however the one you need will take some time.

BL has to break the bin file in two. One for BEV and another for DN only so the receiver can process it. That being said, once the file is done by BL then Chancy has to modify it to make it clone safe.

Last but not least the 289T bin is NOT for the classic. DO NOT load this file into it or you will end up with a paper weight.

AGAIN - LOAD KEYS MANUALLY and enjoy TV....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1906
Kamal - Did you get your receiver working????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Dear PRFRAMNJ

i just downloaded the Bin 289T it toke me for ever to do it, i am not sure why..buy any way it worked. now i am downloading the channels again. so i will turn the DN auto roll off and entre the keys and it should work am i right ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Dear PRFRMNJ AND NALIN

I just downloaded the file BIN 289T . and entered the new keys
The Current Dishnet Keys are: IDEA00(86): E3A66BC62665828561C4BA8D1C62EF45
IDEA01(96): EF6F7D06203CB417774247352AAB3971

and it is working.

Thanks Nalin for all your help, and thanks Prfermnj for your asking. and i am sorry guys if i am asking too many questions..YOU ARE THE BEST

Gold Member

Post Number: 1911
Kamal - Yes that will work. What proceedure are you using to download these bins? Are you using the one posted by Nalin in which you have to time it just perfect in order for it to work or are you using the one I posted where there is no timing involved and the easiest procedure? Both procedures will work, I just prefer the one I posted because it is the easiest way to flash a receiver.

Post Number: 7
Thanks to PRFRMNJ and NALIN, and all these posts! I`m back on after following instructions exactly. I like the channel guide better too!(289T) THANKS!!!

Username: Amirk03

were do i go to download 289t plz i need 2 watch tha superbowl nd it wont work

Anyone know why I can`t get echo 7 or 8?, I get echo 9 on my FLU, ( no quality)in set-up. I used to get those, did they move? Also my clock loses minutes, I`m constantly re-setting the time and the epg always shows the program (thats on) to the right of the screen an hr later. I`m in the eastern zone and I`m set to EST I only get a few ppv s, but I can get a lot on just echo 9. THANKS for any input! I know this is minor stuff, but maybe some-one knows! Thanks in advance!

Dear PRFRMNJ AND NALIN

Antenna setup
1)GO TO MENU
2)INSTALLATION
LNB TYPE - STANDARD
LNB FREQ - 11250
22KHZ - OFF
DISEQC -OFF
SKEW - 0
TP - (12) 12384 H 20.000
POSITI SET - DISABLE
Satellite Scan - ALL

Hey,
Something is still wrong with my sattelite thing i downloaded almost every echo satelite and some channels are still missing for example MTV, Cartoon network, VH1 you know all those channels and when i try to scan the TP they are in theres no quality how can i find them and install them
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1728
If your receiver does not work after installing the 289T BIN., do the following.
1. Set clock and date and time zone.
2. Turn the switch off at the back and turn it on after 40 minutes. Remember this instruction for many of the following situation.
3. If it still does not work, try truning autoroll off fro DN and BEV and enter the keys manually. Do not forget to SAVE. Then do no 2 instruction above.
4. If it still not working, do "set default keys" then do procedurte 3 above. Make sure you enter Key 00 and Key 01 for DN (Id 0101) or BEV (Id 0901) or both as appropriate.
5. If some channels are missing, a Blind scan is a very good way of getting them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
Fizzy,

Download the factory bin for your receiver and do factory reset, which will delete all the channels. Re-scan all the satellites. After you've re-scanned them, load the latest bin. That'll solve your problem. If still NO, then disconnect your satellite cable from your receiver and then reconnect.

GOOD LUCK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Dear PRFRMNJ
i use many uploaders to download the Bin files. what usually work with me is blacklist STB updater 1.4 and DSSToybox fortec ultra updater. I usually turn the receiver on then click on download ..in my case the receiver was taking the file every time till 100% and then i get the knight rider lights..i am not sure why this happend to me.. it toke me like 100 time till i got the bin 289T on the receiver.

Username: Romesh

should I exchange my psanat 3500 clone for a fortec ultra. is it a fair trade. I want auto role and nobody having the bin for this model

Username: Romesh

should I exchange my psanat 3500 clone for a fortec ultra. is it a fair trade. I want auto role and nobody having the bin for this model

Gold Member

Post Number: 1922
Chancysand released 290T last night. This bin is safe for all Pansat 2500's, Fortecs & Clones.

You can get them at.

al7bar .tk
dss community
ftabins.net

Make sure you load the one that corresponds to you. There are two files one for DN and one for Bev. If you are using both providers, then you need to decide which one you intend to keep. You can not load both. You may want to start thinking about an upgrade...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7527
Post subject: X-85BL_DN_Bev_070203_290T_api.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C/P Chancysand......

Moded with Tivo / Hughes ir codes
Good For ALL Clones

Please read:
It has been my distinct pleasure to have been able help keep our Fortecs alive for the past Year. As it seems that the Pansat 2500A files will soon come to an end I will no longer be able to support the Fortec Lifetime Ultra in the future. As long as there is still a release for the Pansat 2500A unit I will continue to do my best and make a safe file for use. At this time I would like to urge all to upgrade to another reciever while prices are still competitive. We have had a long run and I feel it is best to just move on. Newer boxes are what you should be looking for as they have so many new features that you have not been able to enjoy with your older units. I urge you not to buy another clone because of price because you will be constantly strugleing with the same issues.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1735
Romesh: To change from Pansat 3500 to Fortec ultra, would be downsizing. Very soon the support for it might stop.
The only ray of hope is that when the BINs come out as distict for DN or BEV there may be more memory available. That is good enough reason for Fortec owners to hold on to what they have, but not a good reason to buy a fortec ultra at this time.
A good buy is a Viewsat or Sonicview.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7532
ya think!...LMAO

Username: Syd1

Dear All
I have been away since the problem happened during world cup in last summer
I have Fortec lifetime ultra, satellite 61.5
Would you please tell me how I could reactivate my receiver?
Thank u in advance for help
Syd

Gold Member

Post Number: 1742
Use BIN 290T and BL updater 1.4, and straight rs232 cable. Get your instuctions from the site you get these files. At the site go into Fortec section.
Zipped files have to be unzipped and the extracted execution file will have .exe suffic and the BIN file will have .BIN suffix.

Hey,
Somethin happened when i tried to download the factory bin thing. My reciever just has a staight line going back and forth can someone tell me what wrong and how can i fix it

Thanks

Username: Tabsameer

TORONTO, ON CANADA

NEED HELP DESPERATELY
i am a new bee got fortec lifetime ultra lost some indian channels almost a week and a half ago was told to download new bin 289 t with black uploader v 1.4 did everything hooked up my receiver with 9 pin cable but when ever i tried to download after switching the power on from back of the reciever and hitting "write file " at the same time it says "write file failed ER1".
tried resetting it to factory and rest the time, still nothing happened , even i have lost all the channels now. please helpppppppppppppppp me keeping in mind i am a new bee, please help ,very very DESPERATE
I GOT A REPLY SAYING"SAMEER TAB ,

Use the original uploader for Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra receivers. It'll ask you to enter the STB Model name during the loading process. Enter Pansat 2500 inside the STB Model area. Turn your receiver ON and as soon as you see the first dash light on your receiver's front panel, click DOWNLOAD on that uploader."
HI GUYS,
I ASKED U YESTERDAY ABOUT MY FORETEC LIFETIME ULTRA THAT I HAVE RESTORED IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS , U ASKED ME TO DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL UPLOADER AND FACTORY BIN , EVERY TIME I TRY IT IT SAYS UPLOAD FAILED BY THE WAY INFRONT OF STB MODEL FOR ORIGINAL FACTORY BIN 272 T I ENTERED LIFETIME ULTRA AS PER UR ADVICE BUT STILL IT SAYS UPLOAD FAILED CAN U PLZ HELP ME ITS BEEN 2 DAYS. PLZ HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP ME
THANX

Gold Member

Post Number: 1748
Sameer: The current BIN is 290T.
When you download it ot your computer, it will be in zipped file.
When you extract wither the BEV or DN file from it (you have to choose) you will still have a zipped file. From that you extract the .bin file and that is the file you will need in your Fortec Ultra.
When you download BL updater 1.4 it will be a zipped file. You extract the .exe file from it.
That will be your uploader.
You need a straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
You will need the instructions. All above (except the cable) to be obtained from one of the following sites from their fortec section.
Read and follow instructions carefully.

TORONTO, ON CANADA

thx nalin,
but still confused on extracting how will i do that(lifetime ultra _050519_272_api(NTSC)bin)i have a f/f cable and also reset my reciever to factory settings,.....
plz help
thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 1749
Sameer. I have listed 4 sites. You can click and go into anyone of the sites, look at their fortec files section and get the items I have asked you to get from there. The follow the instructions.
If you do not know simple things like extracting from a zipped file you SHOULD have help from computer user.

Bronze Member

TORONTO, ON CANADA

Post Number: 11
thx 4 quick response Nalin, i have the files 289 T and bl uploader 1.4 but when ever i try that it says upload failed what i am supposed to do?
and also it says in infront of type vlc media file in winzip box, is it supposed to be a media file which i have to unzip or not
by the way i will get help from computer expert like u but its late night here in canada, si if u could help me put together this mess, i will really be oblidged.
thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 1751
Sameer: You need basic computer help.
The file you use to upload has to be
BL updater 1.4 and must end with .exe
The file that is a BIN file has to end with .bin
My instructions are very explicit. You have to know how to get these files and instructions, and then use the tools.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
My fortec isnt working i tried to download the factory bin but theres a line on the reciever that just keeps going back and forth so then i tried to write in the 290bin and it wouldnt work theres still that straight line going back and forth can some one please help me and tell me how to fix it!!!!! please thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Dear Nalin and Prfrmnj
so now we can't have both DN and BV in our fortec ??. is this temporary thing or it is constant ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
tO FIZZY
this was writen by PRFRMNJ to me when i had your probelm and it worked. you can download the Bin281T first as i have been told by Nalin, then u can download the latest Bin which is Bin 290T.

You will find a link to Bin 281T posted by Nalin to me too.
check the early comments and u will find the original posts by PRFRMNJ AND NALIN and this will help u alot.

Here are the instructions for recovering from Night Rider Lights.

Instuctions for uploading a BIN.
1. You will need a 9 pin F/F cable - for Pansat 2500 and clones it is a staight DB9 RS232 cable.
2. Download the 287T BIN. Unzip it using winzip.exe
3. Download BL Updater 1.4
4. disconnect the cable from the LNB or Switch coming into your receiver.
5. Keep the receiver off and connect the DB9 cable to the receiver and computer.
6. Start (Run) BL Updater. Default COM1 should be OK in most case, but if it does not work you can change it to COM 2.
7. Select BIN and get the 287T Bin ready in the window for uploading.
8. Be ready to start both the receiver (the switch at the back) and the upload.
9. Switch the reciver on, and immediately click on the mouse to start the upload process.
10. You will see uploading in progress to 100%.
11. WAIT, WAIT. You will see the notice burning the flash ROM.
12. After the ROM burnng, you will get the message of completion. Wait a little and then turn off the reciever.
13. Disconnect the receiver, connect it to the LNB or Switch and turn it on.
14. Let the autoroll work - if it does not, turn autoroll off. Make sure the time and zone settings are correct. If necessary, install the keys manually.
15. Scan your satellite if necessary.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Fizzy
you have to download Bin 290T not 287T now ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1962
Kamal - It is always nice to see others helping with from their "Lessons Learned". You have earned my respect and I'm sure Nalin's as well.

On your question, however you will only be able to get one or the other. The programing is getting way to big for the limited memory those receivers have.

Earlier I had made a coparison between the DN-311 and Fortecs/Pansat 2500 in that they have pretty much the same specs and memory. What I did not account for was the fact that most of these bins carry codes for both providers and the DN-311 does not. This receiver is programed specifically for the provider using it and while they have no intentions of upgrading it any time soon, it's only because they really don't need to.

That being said, the memory issue is the problem with older receivers like yours. I honestly don't know how long BL will continue to support these since marketing wise it wouldn't make sense since they already have an "out" for providing support and they WILL try to promote their new products.

My suggestion is to start saving up for a new receiver and when you do buy one make sure you don't buy a clone. I've gotten my moneys worth out of my Fortec and for the last year I've only been using it to test.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Dear PRFRMNJ

can u tell me what brand u suggest me to get when i decide to buy a new one.. or tell me what brand will you buy may be i buy a similar one so i know there will be someone can help me when i have a problem with mine. unless u are tired of my questions :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1968
I have a few brands and boxes right now I'm testing, but the one I like the most is the Viewsat Ultra. I would wait to see how long support goes with that box. Prices on HD boxes may very well have dropped by the time they decide to discontinue support and then I would go with the HD. But if you want something for the immediate, then Viewsat Ultra is the way to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Hello all

i just downloaded Bin 290T for BV to my receiver. Do i have to turn the autoroll off and put the keys manually or it will auto roll. The other thing .. for a fortec Ultra like my receiver .. now i can't download the Bin290T for the DN ??? or i can... please let me know because what i understand now we have 2 290T BIN one for DN and the other for BV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
hello all again
I didn't have to put the keys manually with Bin 290T with BV. I am still waiting for some one to tell me if we can get DN with BV in fortec ulta receivers
PRFRMNJ and Nalin where r u

Username: Jibaro_55

San juanPuertoRico

new keys for dn fortec ultra pleaseeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 1768
DN 290T and BRV 290T BIN.
Whatever BIN you last upload is the one that will be in effect. The last upload overwrites the previous.
The whole purpose of separating DN and BEV was lack of memory.
The 290T has a good autoroll and the main difficulty I have noticed is some (popular) Indian channels disappearing.
Interstingly, my pantec with 289T does an autoroll with autoroll off and hangs up with autoroll on!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Nalin
with Bin 289T i lost the DN channels that's why i uploaded the Bin 290T. how come u still have channels with bin 289T

Gold Member

Post Number: 1772
I have all the channels with BIN 289T. Sometimes the autoroll works even if the autorol setting is off. Just a minute ago, I had to put in the keys manually.
I have no problems with Sonicview 4000. It autorolls well so far.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I have a friend who lives in IRLAND ..does the FTA receviers work in europ or not and what receivers do u suggest.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
i am now on BV and i am using BIN290T for BV. Now i get bad or scrambled channels but the voice is on. Any clue ????

Bronze Member
Username: Masterstylz

Post Number: 30
I just uploaded 290t into my Fortec. Autoroll worked fine, but my channels are disappearing. Everytime it does a TP update, I lose another channel. And I've noticed my signal strength and quality are not there.

Username: Luisanirsa

hola
Necesito el nuevo bin para el viewsat 2000 platinum.
gracias les agradesco que me ayuden soy nueva en esto

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Hi.I have FortecStarUltra and 290T Bin ,working nice BEV 91 W . Not working BEV 82 W ,why?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2002
Luisa - You're in the wrong thread! Ve al foro que dice "Solo Hispanos"...

Username: Olivia

last night my 61.5 went down and i haven'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT WORKING AT ALL CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE I LOST ALL MY CHANNELS AND WHEN I PUT IN THE KEYS MANUALY IT IS WAITING FOR THE PICTURE FOREVER SO I THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG PLEASE HELP

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
Follow these steps:

Go to ...

1. MENU
2. Parental Control
3. Second Pin and enter 1668
4. Set Default Key
5. Nagravision 2 and enter the keys
6. Watch TV

Username: Sliknik

hi...i have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver and just loaded the 289T file. All the channels that appear in my channel guide are running fine, however some channels are missing, namely...ZeeTV, ZeeCinema, B4U, VH1 and some paperview channels too...I tried doing a Blind scan and a satellite scan, but nothing seems to be bringing these channels back...should i be doing a specific TP scan or what?!?...please let me know...thanks in advance!

Username: Alaman

hi everyone.. ihave a pansat 2500 A clone receiver (eaglestar) . i have loaded 290T bin last week. some popular channels are missing the ones nirmit has pointed out. 289 bin was showing all the channels. but when i entered new keys in it none of the channels were showing. thats why i loaded 290T bin. please help

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1833
There are several posts above complaining about BIN 290T and some Indian channels, so I am doing a C/P on my own post yesterday on this subject.

"Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 11:00 pm:
A lot of people have reported problems with some Indian channels on 61.5W using BIN 290T. I can confirm this too and I have reverted to BIN 289T. The affected channels are:
ZEETV, ZCINE, SET SETMX, B4U, and SPORT with cricket.
When going back to 289T from 290T, you may encounter upload problems. If so, try and load BIN 280T or 281T and then BIN 289T."

I can confirm that with the new keys that are only 10 minutes old, all the channels are coming in fine on 289T BIN on Pansat 2500 clone - all including ZEETV, ZCINE, SET, SETMX, B4U. Try switching receiver off and then on 40 seconds later using the switch at the back. Also install new key again with autoroll off and "set default keys" - You will need to install Key 00 and Key01.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us