VTV4 on 97W

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 211
Does anyone or is anyone using the 97w sat? I post this question on another site and someone said it's the Globecast sat and the channel(VTV4) may be encrypted. Can someone confirm this for me, thanx

Bronze Member
Username: John_mcdon

Post Number: 62
it is globecast. i am pretty sure it is down atm.

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 150
Yes 97W is Globecast and VTV4 is wide open, free.....
application/octet-streamUpload
31-01-07_1647.rar (61.1 k)

Silver Member

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 212
Iroy, so all i do is basic setup for this right? Point to 97W bird, then scan(blind) for channels. Is there anything else i should know?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

/ blink{THE_FTA_TESTER}

Post Number: 745
WARNING !

That is NOT a .rar file it goes to I would be safe and only get files from reliable sites..

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 529

Hey
VTV4 is FTA and always has been at Intelsat
Americas 5 at 97.o.W.
Freq.11966 (Pol.H) SR 22,000 (tp14)

Silver Member

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 228
I'm still having problems setting up 97W to get VTV4, any suggestions would be nice. It seems like i can't get over 43% Quality when i'm looking for the satellite. I'm using a sat finder but still no luck. Do I need to do anything on dish settings, you know like LNB-22khz-satellite-skew-motor-ect.?

My setup: Pansat 2500,33" dish with linear LNB

I'm currently aimed at 119, so when i hook up a Diseqc switch to my setup. It'll look like this right, 119 port 1- 97 port 2?

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 537

Hey Bones
Antenna Setup
Satellite
IA-5 OK
DiSEqC #2 if that is the way you have it.
Positioner Setting
Disable
Above disable there is TP change to the Freq.
that I have posted above.
Now use your Sat finder.

One question, how can you receive
EchoStar 7 @ 119.oW with a Linear LNB.

Silver Member

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 230
Greek, thanks for the input. I have my 119 and 110 hooked up to two different satellites to my Sonicviews. I'm just adding on the 33" w/linear lnb to the pansat, cause i read that the pansat would pickup the 97 bird. Ever since it went down a few months back, i'm trying to get it back up for my moms.

Silver Member

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 238
I'm still having problems getting VTV4, I'm still having problems just getting 97W. after a few hours i had to give up cause the sun just came down. i didn't have an extra person to tell me the quality of the satellite so i just grabbed an 19" t.v and brought that up to the roof to watch and adjust the satellite to get enough quality myself. Kinda funny, neighbors asking me what the hell am i doing watching t.v. on the roof. Damn this satellite isn't giving any more than 44%. Anyways I did get a satellite but don't know which one.

Here's what i'm getting:

TV CAncao Nova
Jordan TV
AlJazeera English
ZHong
Tamsha
PARS TV
ISHTAR TV
NAT TV
IPTV NEWS/DRAMA
LAO TV
Etc.

I did what Kavin told me up top but still don't understand. What value does the LNB Local Freq has to be? It's at 10750 right now. I can't do a TP scan on 14 cause the Quality wiould drop. Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 241
Posted by Kavin REno:
VTV4 is FTA and always has been at Intelsat
Americas 5 at 97.o.W.
Freq.11966 (Pol.H) SR 22,000 (tp14)

Post Number: 537

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 03:08 pm:

Hey Bones
Antenna Setup
Satellite
IA-5 OK
DiSEqC #2 if that is the way you have it.
Positioner Setting
Disable
Above disable there is TP change to the Freq.
that I have posted above.
Now use your Sat finder.

I got everything setup now i need a little help with the dish configurations. Can someone explain a few things to me about TP scan, Down Freq, I don't understand the numbers Kavin posted up top.
How do i change the value of the transponder to pickup this channel(VTV4)? I know i have the right satellite, i checked lygsat and the channels up top are from the 97w bird.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
Remember you must use a Linear LNB and in your setting LNB frequency must be set at 10.750 and not 11.250....

Silver Member

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 242
Troy, it's a linear lnb and it's at 10750. I'm getting all the other channel except for VTV4. What's up with that? I been looking aroud and reading a lot but still no luck. Are you picking his program up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
VTV4.zip (61.2 k)

Username: Tsilk

Post Number: 4
probably the channel is down or weak signal, I watch Thai TV, lately channel TGN is so weak , I am no longer accepted,
And I used to see your channel too but not lately.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us