Nimiq 1 or 2

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 41
whats the difference between these two sats??

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 624
Here is a channel list for Nimiq 1

http://www.ly*ngsat.com/packages/expressvu1_sid.html

Here is a channel list for Nimiq 2

http://www.ly*ngsat.com/packages/expressvu2.html

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 874
nimiq 2 is has hd channels and internationals,along with some locals and little bit of most things ,more of a complimary sat to 1/3,its woth adding a extra lnb to the dish to get. has music vidio's fight ch,p*rn litte of different programming.

Username: Afghanprince

Toronto

Post Number: 5
i have a dish pointing towards Nimiq 1 and it was working fine till it crashed or something. its been 2 months n it styll doesn't work. i have gotten the new bin 288T and when i try to do a blind scan for nimiq 1 it says "no transponders" at the end of the scan. so wuh do i do to get transponders so i could get quality and scan the channels. (dish is pointing the right satellite btw)

thanks in advance
i really appreciate it

Silver Member

Post Number: 875
Well first,you should of started a new thread,this is known as hijacking a thread,that aside,do your ant settings first.Set your lnb type and freq,then your diseq settings,and change tp on setup screen to test for quality and your settings are correct then blind scan.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 501

Hey SS
Why did you jump on this person?
I don't see where he did any
hijacking.His question was about
Nimiq one.This Thread: reads
Nimiq 1 or 2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
Wasn't a "jump",the thread is/ was about" which sat is better"not "help with scanning problems".I sutally pointed that to him, then still helped with the scanning issue.Did I miss something here?

Silver Member

Post Number: 503

No SS
I don't think you have missed anything.
Let me say this,I don't think that
there is a Thread in here with the
same question or answer. Just be cool.
There is already Mucho Bashing around
here. BTW not to change the subjest,
have you notice Lk with his new nick?

Silver Member

Post Number: 890
no what is it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
Then i'm definatly missing something. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
the reason i asked this question in the first place is because with my pansat 2500 and one lnb there seems to be no difference between nimiq 1 or 2 here....why is that??

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
Thats because with one lnb you can only get 1 sat,you need another lnb straped beside the one you have now to get nimiq 2,or add another dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
ok...thanx ss

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 981
OK...

Interesting Page on Nimiq 1&2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
but...if i do a factory reset and blind scan nimiq 1 and see whats there and then do a factory reset and blind scan nimiq 2,and they both come in the same ...does that mean that i am recieving 1 or 2??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
and if my dish is pointing towards one or the other,how come i could recieve both with just another lnb instead of having to have another dish pointing in a different direction ??.....ps andre,my puter won't take me to the page that you recommended

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
ok...got it...thanx

Silver Member

Post Number: 504

Hey SS
This guy above, Andre Money had me
wondering, how in the world could
he had Registered here Dec, 04 2006?
first time that I have seen him
around here and has posted over (1000)
times.Well I don't need to tell you, I went
over Home Video sure enough he came
from there. He came here for the Gold?

BTW back in Sept; 2006 I saw where Jay
also started from there.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

Superior Lake, Northwestern... Canada

Post Number: 438
Andre Money, is an amp's thread guy, he is sniffing everywhere.that's why he has many post,

Username: Afghanprince

Toronto

Post Number: 6
im kinda new at this so i dun noe how to start new threads and gettin back to the point, i'd apprecitate it if u explaind wuh i should do if i do a blind scan for nimiq 1 and get NO transponders. wuh could be wrong? in antena setup it shows

Lnb Type : Standard
Lnb Local Freq : 11250
22KHz : ON
DiseqC : #3
Skew : -45
TP : [1]12223V20.000
Positioner Setting : Disable
Satellite Scan : All

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1462
Nimiq 1 is at 91W and Nimiq 2 at 82W. Certain DN dual LNBs are good for getting both together - i/e/ the one that get 110W and 119W will do an excellent job in getting the two Nimiqs a t one go.
About 5-6 days ago there was a ECM on BEV. There are new BINs out to address this problem. However the solution has not been as good for 91W as for 82W, till two days ago. Now for Pansat 2700A/E there is BIN 292 and for Pansat 2500A,BIN 289, which has solved the problem quite well.
We are waiting for the clone safe versions of these.
When you scan a satellite, you are really scanning where you are pointing irrespective of what you say in the softwhere. When you have scanned it, in you channel edit, you will see the real or false satellite information and the real degree information. It is the real degree info that matters, e.g 91W means Nimiq1, whether you selected Nimiq 2 or Echo 7, etc. before scanning.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505

22 KHz should be OFF.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 644
Rahmeen,

Here is how to start a new thread

Upload
Upload

Also just so you know the new Firefox has a great spell check feature built in that works great in forums. You can get it for FREE here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Just trying to help

To my shadow,

I feel I answered in the best way possible for this moment. I feel it unnecessary to explain in great detail a bin that is not for his receiver, how to load a file with a serial port and cord, talk down to them, tell then each tiny detail, or how to unzip a file. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1464
Your receiver is capable of sending a 22kHz tone burst through the coax cable. The reason for this tone is to either switch a universal Linear Lnb between it's high and low freq. or to control a switch that will accept a 22kHz tone.

The 22kHz switch has 2 inputs (#1-22kHz:-OFF) (#2 -22kHz:-On) and 1 output (to the receiver).
A 22kHz switch can be used to double the # of Lnb's you connect to your receiver.

For example if you have 1 Lnb connected straight to the receiver pointing at 82 and you want to add another Lnb pointed to 91, you could use a 22kHz switch. Connect the 82 Lnb to input #1 (22kHz:-OFF) and the 91 Lnb to input #2 (22kHz:-On). In the install menu you would use:

82 sat
Lnb Type: Standard
Lnb Freq: 11250
22kHz: OFF
Diseqc: None

91 sat
Lnb Type: Standard
Lnb Freq: 11250
22kHz: ON
Diseqc: None

Gold Member

Post Number: 1465
Jay: This is a discussion on Nimiq 1 and 2, and not on starting a new thread. Keep your long unnessary posts out of here. You are highjacking the thread.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
so if my dish is aimed at nimiq 1...could i pick up one of the dishnet sats??

Silver Member

Post Number: 906
mmm?if you have a 18inch dish and aimed at nimiq 1 you could get dishnet sat echo 8/10 if you added a extra lnb to to the right side of the existing lnb [looking at it from the front]yes!But unneed a dummy spacer the width of a extra lnb between them. then add your settings to the reciever and blind scan.I have and run three sats on a 18in dish myself with exellent signal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
so what sort of switch would i have to run the lnb cables through?and which 3 sats do you recieve?

Silver Member

Post Number: 909
Diseq switch,and I receive,nimiq 2,1/3 and 101 on a 18in dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
thanx...i'll try it

Username: Zigster

Post Number: 5
Hi, Can someone please help me. I'm trying to find Nimiq 1 and 2. I've been told it needs to be found on transponder number 12224. I can't seem to lock/find either Nimiq 1 or 2 with that one. When I scroll through the other transponder signals, my receiver tells me that it found either Nimiq 1 or 2 (depending on which satalite name I'm on) but the signal strength is too weak to see anything. Do I need to adjust my dish somehow or something? If so, which way as the slightest movement looses any signal? Any suggestoins would be appreciated.

Silver Member

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 799
Michael,
Lets keep your thread you stated going on this...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/319309.html

Username: Zigster

Post Number: 7
Sorry as I'm really lost and am new to posting on forums. I'll keep it with the other. Thanks for the heads up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us