Post Number: 62
i hope it's not like 288t

Username: Majimajic

Post Number: 9
No it's nice one

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 510
Bin 289T was yesterday, but it's not really good. Yes, the channel changing speed is very slow comapared to Bin 287T. The only good thing about this bin is that your receiver doesn't boot after 15 minutes.

Post Number: 10
Nie, but try this one, you have two 288T in two 289T, yhis one is the last one

Username: Mani01

Post Number: 5
is this clone safe i have pantec2500

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1721
Mani - Yes it it.

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 48
Bin 289T has ZTV, ZCIN, GEO etc. channels missing. Bin 288T has them, but keep freezing and rebooting problems.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7371
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Some of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community for many years now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites in this first post!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from a reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)
[link removed]

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1535
imnyc : BIN 289T has all the Indian channels working fine with the intemitent freezes and reboots. The ZEETV, ZCINE, B4U, SET AND SETMX are working perfectly fine on 289T BIN. If you are not getting them, do a Blind Scan

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
I meant BIN 289T works WITHOUT the intermittent freezes that were a problem on 288T

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 224
Nalin, does 289T fix ALL glitches and errors that were common on 288T? Or are there still some small glitches apparent. I'm still on 286T for the pansat 2500 clone. It works like a charm and has been since November of last year. I'm just missing some channels on 61.5 but 110 and 119 are perfectly fine.
I'm just wondering if 289T will work as nicely as 286T with no autorolling or freezing problems?

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 192
ranjeet you are right the new bin 289 got it problums with booting on and off after 25 min or so and epg is slow it tacks five min to work not impressed with the pansat team there having lots of troble geting it right just my two cents have nice day all

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
Thanks bruce.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1540
Ranjeet: I have 289T. Most of the time is better than 288 on the Indian channels. SET was the most troublesome under 288T, so last night I left it on SET. This morning it was showing that it had reset and was showing EPG fetch request. The clock was two hours behind.
I did an exit and the channel came on immediately.

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 193
nalin nyda what are you talking about it is not working right ( Most of the time is better )what are you talking about eather it works or it dontwork right. most of the time is not good in my book have good day

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Sounds like it's still a bit of a problem Nalin.:-(
I don't watch indian channels much so I can still live with the 286T. Only because it's the best bin file I've loaded to date. Never froze, never had any problems at all with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Nalin Nyda, I did blind scan after scanning 289T, but Zcin, ZTV, and GEO disappered. I wonder what else needs to be done to resolve this issue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1548
imnyc : I can't understand why. I have these channels in after a blind scan on a Pantec using 289T and pointing to 61.5W. Your location or the satellite you are scanning may have something to do with it.
Somebody else here might have some more ideas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Yes Nalin Nyda, it's bothering me what's causing this. I was also wondering maybe I have a bad LNB that is causing this problem intermittently.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
Nalin, could our friend imnyc try a TP scan to try to get back those indian channels? He'll need the frequencies obviously for those channels which are available on lyngsat.c*om

Gold Member

Post Number: 1551
Here are the TPs of some of the channels

ECHO3...NO.....NAME....TP

61.5W...620....GEO....12631 (V)
61.5W...674....INDMU..12442 (H)
61.5W...663....MUSIK..12659 (V)
61.5W...614....SET....12470 (H)
61.5W...612....SETMX..12470 (H)
61.5W...471....SPORT..12324 (H)
61.5W...613....TVASA..12470 (H)
61.5W...471....ZCINE..12602 (V)
61.5W...471....ZEETV..12602 (V)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Thanks guys, I'll try this route.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1730
I've been reading at other sites that the 289 & 289T have just about the same problems the 288 & 288T had as far as the freezing and reboot. I flashed the 289T but I do not have 61.5 setup so I can't confirm this, but apparently that is the sat in which is happening.

I will aling a dish this afternoon to verify this info, but it seems Blacklist has not been able to correct this problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1731
C&P from another site:

"I didn't use the 288T cause what I heared that it cause freezing and reboot so I wait the 289T release and I load it yesterday on my Fortec Ultra life time and it work great for almost 6 hrs on both 61.5 and Bev but later I discover that it strat slow down to change channel and freeze and it did reboot my receiver , I did a hard reboot " Unplug the power cable and plug it back again " and still the same problem " what do u guys think is the problem ?"

Anyone else experiencing the same???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1555
"it seems Blacklist has not been able to correct this problem"
Or different MAP 57 calls are being used. It is like an old car. You change the battery, then the alternator goes and you have the same problem.
AAJTAK and ZGUJ which were never a problem under 288T, froze twice on me today under 289T. But the problem only occurred during channel change. None of the buttons in the remote would work and it was bad enough to have to switch off at the back and switch on.
Going solely by the frequency of problems, I would still say 289T is an improvment. I am seeing hardly any freezing or reset whilst static on one channel.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1732
Well that's good to know. But I think it goes back to what I had said a while back. They never did test their MAP 57 call and now are still running into problems.

"Like an old car". I guess I better go get a new one before mine starts doing the same! LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Togirl

Post Number: 20
I thought bin 292 was the latest bin for pansat 2700 !!??!!
am confused.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1738
Toronto Girl - We were discussing the 289T bin which was the latest Clone Safe bin for Pansats 2500, Fortecs and Clones.. The 292 is the latest for the 2700's and the I belvie the 292v1 is the latest clone safe bin for that model. However, this pretty much applies to all BL bins as they are still having problems with them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Nalin Nyda, I am unable to get V polarity TPs on Echo3. TP scan shows signal strength 90, but low quality on every V polarity TP. I dont know the reason behind it. I even reinstall 288T, but in vain.
can anybody suggest a check list that I could follow to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1556
This afternoon, I was out helping a relative and did a Blind scan on 61.5. Those two - ZCINE AND ZEETV - did not come in. The are OK on mine with vertical polarity.
I have no explanation at present.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1743
imnyc - Try to load a channel list and turn off TP Autoupdate. If for some reason you do not see the channels or the quality is low, then you may have problems with the alignment. This is only an experiment, but it seems that nothing else is working so "let's test"... You can get a good channel list from dss testers. You can find their link at any of the threads that say reputable sites. Find the list loaded by "El Vaquero"...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Try thid one the 289T 3d edition.
Make Blind Scan and wait 5 minutes for picturs.
[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 1754
majimajic - That is the same file created by Chancy and not a 3rd edition. It was created on 1/27 at 6:06pm and last modified at 11:56pm. Nothing has changed in that file and Chancy has not posted any new ones.

Bronze Member
Username: Jalaj69

Norcross , Georgia USA

Post Number: 64
I was wondering if this would work better then 290v1.. Apparently i am still getting the freez but i am looking for better one without freez! someone has any opinion!..i know 292 clone is not out and i have 2700a!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
No, Jalal. The 288T and 289T are for 2500 clones - not for 2700 and 2700 clones. Stick to what you have till the clone safe version of 292 come sout.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1761
There will probably not be a 292 clone safe bin due to the problems the original is having (this is only an educated guess not fact). There are reports that this one also had freezing issues. I have loaded this bin as well, but it was to darn cold for me to climb on the roof to realing a dish. If by chance the weather lets up, I'll get up there, but I don't think the new BL bins are getting the job done.

There goes that old car again! LOL

Bronze Member

Norcross , Georgia USA

Post Number: 65
lol......any guess on if any other bin would be coming out! which could be better then 292. I guess what i have is better then nothing, but trying diff bin which might solve the prob temp is cool with me.

NALIN: i know in a different thread u gave me many options to take to see which one i like, can u see if u can find some more!! please!

thanks

by the way! i had this box for like a year now and i didn't know how to work it first cause i was depending on some dum FK to give me new bin's and codes but doing it myself is so much better. I like this hobby

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
Jalalbhai: Sometimes I have to make an intelligent guess on the ability of the person to do a job, solely from the first or secoond post and tailor my advice to that. At time I would be wrong too.
Anyway, I am glad you are "broken in" and can handle tasks without feeling a big challenge.
The general feeling is that the 292 Bin for Pansat 2700A is not very satifactory and it seems you may have a wait to get your BIN. Only time will tell. In the meantime enjoy what channels you have.

Bronze Member

Norcross , Georgia USA

Post Number: 66
tru tru!!

Bronze Member
Username: Amrit187

Post Number: 27
so the 289T is the bin i need for a pansat 2500 clone?>

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7411
aa...yes and BL V1.4 updater to load 289T

Username: Chhotafiroz

Post Number: 1
Hello, Can someone tell me that when download a bin file, I first have to unzip the file, or can I just load the bin file as it is?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 405
Yes-unzip file and loader

Username: Olivia

Post Number: 5
yes i was wondering if someone has a few minutes to help me i am very new at this i bought a ubs to a serial cable, it came with the cd i put the cd into the computer and i downloaded it now my problem is i think i have also downloaded the bin that we are suppose to use but now i dont know how to do anything else can someone guide me thought this nightmare my name is olivia my e-mail is oliviasilva@msn.com i am from toronto ontario canada and i need someones help please and thank-you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1592
Olivia: You did not tell us what receiver you have - I presume you have Pansat 2500 clone. You should go to one of the following sites and read up. The procedure is easy. Make sure you unzip the downloaded file before installing it.
IF you have a Pansat 2500 clone of Fortec Ultra, you whould look for information in Fortec section or Pantec section. The uploader to use is BL Updater 1.4. You have to download it and unzip it. The instructions are often in the Pansat section.
http://www.totalfta.com
http://www.dssevolution.com

Username: Olivia

Post Number: 6
hi nalin thank-you my receiver is a fortec ultra,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1603
Olivia: You have all the information you need in my post to get going. I hope you are watching TV now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us