What's up with FOXHD

Username: Kylekalivoda

Milpitas, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
I just purchased my first HDTV and I love it. However I've found that FOXHD seems to be broadcasting shows like 24 and American Idol in some type of 4:3 format at 720p. What's up with this? Is this normal? I live near San Jose, Ca and have Comcast Digital cable with the HD DVR Motorola box. Other stations and shows come in full 16:9 like CSI:Miami on CBSHD.

I've also noticed that when I'm watching something on the FOXHD channel the sound is only two channels when I have my home theater going. Only the left and right speakers have sound. All other channels come in with 5.1 DD sound. I'm using a fiber optic cable from the cable box to my surround sound proc. I tried running another fiber optic cable from the TV fiber-out to my surround proc and I get 5.1 on the FOXHD channel but the volume is very low and I have to crank my system to get it to a decent level(not good). Any suggestion or ideas welcomed.

Username: Wfld1863

Post Number: 4
Kyle,

I saw another thread on this on a different forum and these people were in Cali (SF), they called Comcast and they admitted the problem was on their end, been a problem since Sunday according to Comcast.

Hope this helps

Username: Toomuchactions

Post Number: 9
Kyle, let put it this way...for many of the channels that do broadcast in hd signal, but your comcast digital cable only broadcast some hd channels that you have sign up with your monthly package. if you wold like to receive some of those local hd channels , just get an antenna and have it point it to the location of your local stations are airing from...connect the cable line to your hdtv and do a scan...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us