How To Find Co-Ordinates

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 52
Hello There

Anyone know how to find the co-ordinates for satellites? I hear all the time that lyngsat has them, yet I can never find them there. I see satellite names, and channel lists, but that's it.

Example: I would love to try and track down Galaxy 16 to see if I can pull in American Life Network??? It says 99W. However I don't know anything else besides the 99W.

Also, this is open for anyone. I honestly just don't know so I am asking. Maybe it's dumb, maybe everyone knows this, maybe this is a good question. I am not afraid to ask because I don't know.

I understand that to open DN & Bell, we have keys and bins. Okay. For the "Free" stuff on let's say Galaxy 10R and Galaxy 16, because that is what this weeks search is for me, are Keys/Bin needed, or, if I am lucky enough to track the signal, because it's free, it will just come on??

Or as long as I have the newest keys, and the channels are free, then it will work? I am more interested with "Free" local channels than anything that is locked.

Like I said, might be a dumb question, but I don't know and I am curious. If I look for Galaxy 16, and find it, because American Life Network is free, does that mean I will start watching it?

Sorry for all the questions today, everyone, but no matter how much research you do, you don't find all the answers out there.

Thanks so much,

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 438

Hey john
you are right, even the best can't find or know all the answers that people ask.First let me say this, you don't need Galaxy 16 there is nothing Free to Air there.If you just want Free to Air
Satellites there are same out there maybe around 300 Channels. They are true Free to Air. No Keys or worries about the law.You would only need a FTA receiver, Linear LNB and a 33" Dish.
Any more questions dumb or not ask for Kevin the dummy.
}

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 22
try this site...
http://home.planet.nl/~napel/satframe.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
or this..

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Hello There

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate having someone answer the questions, and not label me one thing or another. I have always found some very nice people on this site who have helped out such as you are doing. LK, SatScanner, Tyler,Larry Bird, and others from just earlier today. Thanks again.

Now you mentioned that there is nothning FTA on Galaxy 16? I trust and believe you. I am just curious though, that is where Lyngsat has "American Life Network" listed, and listed as free. Is that channel not there? I ask because I have a friend who lives in California and was recording all classic Tv. shows from there for me for the past four years. However, right before Christmas, American Life Network was pulled from his subscripiton package.

So needless to say that earlier tonight, while surfing, when I discovered that lyngsat says American Life Network is on Galaxy 16 and free, I thought I would love to try and track it down.

I understand about needing the 33" dish and a linear LNB. Picking that up Saturday. I also hear you about possibly 300 channels out there that are real FTA, no keys, no law, etc. That said, I would still have to choose a destination to point at though, wouldn't I?

Sincerely,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Hello There

A special thanks to Larry Bird for those two links. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much. The info and help is so greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Glad I could actually help someone. I am usually the one asking for help...

I used them and go what I was looking for with no problem (well a little problem ;-)

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 439

Hey John
American Life TV Network is on Galaxy 16.
Freq.11800 (Pol.H) SR 19,510 (tp5)
Free to Air. Most all the other FTA are Radio Stations.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7178
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Some of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community for many years now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites in this first post!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from a reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)
[link removed]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us