Viewsat Xtreme problem (LK)

Username: Trancex23

Post Number: 1
I have a viewsat xtreme, and all i see is "searching for signal" on all my channels. The last fix i put in is the 12-12 freeze fix. I also noticed that im getting 0% 0% signal from my satelitte. Is it my viewsat or my satelitte not receiving a signaL? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 274
double check all your settings and make sure the dish is aimed right also check the coax cable

Username: Poser

Post Number: 6
ur dish settings r wrong, u need to adjust ur switch settings, post here : http://www.ftaplayground.net
they'll help u. i wish i could do more but i'm fairly new at this but those guys have helped me and they'll help u 2,

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6623
Poser...enuff of all your SPAM here...U trashed this site enuff!...its an UNKNOWN, NON ESTABLISHED, NON REPUTABLE site with very few members and little posts and info...if U like it so much, then stay there and don't trash this place..

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 952
Steve the latest Viewsat Extreme Fix is 12/20. You can either get it at dss community or get it at this link:

[link removed]

I have tested this file on this link as I also have an extreme.

I would however use the one at DSS Community.

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 45
steve can u give more details. like how many dishes if u are using switch or no. what the sat are you pointing at ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
if steve you have 05 q and 0% in your level that means there is no connection to the reciever. check the cable first if it's in the right place.
assign number according to the switch port for every sat. .u will be ok after using latest bin 12-20-2006. also sometimes u just loose the sognal quality and level . what i do in my viewsat i just play with the legacy sw even if it useless if u dont use the legacy swith and it bring back the signal.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 544
Reset your ant settings:Port or diseq and lnb type .These settings will change back to factory settings after the scan.Seems to be a glich in the bin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6632
steve...U have many various answers cause they ALL can be true...U provided NO info and obviously have NOT read at the manuals or setup guide at any REPUTABLE DSS site..there are NO shortcuts...go read about Dish pointing, hardware, and your specific receiver,at a REPUTABLE site with all these Topics by category along with bins, files and How to manuals....I have a thread?subject here "lost of Reputable Dss sites", pick one and then go read...do yourself a favor...its faster than posting aimless questions here!

Username: Falu

Schiller park, Il USA

Post Number: 7
I need a latest bin for viewsat xtreme 2000.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6782
Latest VS Extreme bin/file 061220X 20 Dec

http://www.dsscommunity.c*om/forums/download.php?id=532

Vs Extreme 061213X 13 Dec Complete Package with Bin, loader, and channel lists for 91-110-119 sats..

http://www.dsscommunity.c*om/forums/download.php?id=503

c/p into browser amd remove the * in links..

Username: Twisted1

Post Number: 1
I setup my viewsat xtreme with the expressvu dish and the only signal i could get is the echostar 8,10..and the Q, P bars arent even green they are grey...but they are at 80 and 89...then when i go to load the channels it comes up with a list but it says locked in the bottom left corner then after it loads everything it says failed...and i know its not the extreme cuz i hooked it up to a friends dish and it worked fine..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
Danny - Sounds like you have either a configuration problem or a dish alignment problem. First go to the installation and antena setup and tell us what it says. While you are there you may want to go down to the TP and cycle through a couple of tp's to see if you get any signal. if it turns green then you have the right setting and alignment. But I'm almost positive you don't.

Bronze Member
Username: Hus

Post Number: 43
Hey guys, I just bought a viewsat xtreme to replace my pansat. Do i need to load up or write anything else other than the latest bin to get my xtreme workin.LK do i just write the complete pakage you posted in the loader2?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1232
Hus - I personally loaded all the files from .pgm, sat info, opkey and what not, but if I'm not mistaken all you need is the .pgm and do a blind scann. For some reason mine had no sat info so I had to load the file. If you are going to do this, you may want to load everything at the same time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
PRFRMNJ- Whats the latest .pgm file ur using. Is it 061220x or 070111x? and where can i get the .sat file?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1234
070111 - I just loaded it and it works fine. Just make sure you don't download garbage. Go to LK's 'List of Reputable Site" and get it from one of them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Yeah I got it from totalfta.com, thnks alot bro

Post Number: 2
well the bars are gray and im getting P and Q around 80+ and the thing is i get some channels but not all of them and when i want to search it has no info on the channels.i have the TP at 12239 and yeah like i said the bars are gray i get some channels but im still getting alot of blocked responses at the bottom left when i press f1 to load channels

Post Number: 3
well even tho the bars are grey apparently i get the dishnetwork lol..but i cant find expressvu nimiq 1,3 which is what im looking for...and that sucks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1239
Danny - I can only say that you need to go look at your buddies setup. If it worked over there then it should work at your house provided your setup is the same. I would use the "F2" Blind Scan rather then the "F1" Sat Scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Hey guys I tried loading up my viewsat xtreme, but it keeps saying resending ZRQINIT than goes to frame type and back to ZRQINIT staying at 0% i loaded the .prg file first than the .cha file than the .sat file using the loader2 program...i see the front of the reciever doing 00.01, 00.02, 00.03 and so on but the % of bytes in the loader isnt changing.plz help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
ps i did wait for the mssg ZRQINIT to come on before turning on the reciever

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
its brand new

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
i just got an "error occured " mssg

Bronze Member
Username: Jamalrahim

Post Number: 26
Dear LK, i am trying to install a st#rch*ice elliptical dish with dual lnbs with a viewsat ex
i can locate sats however unable to scan any channels and only 45% quality, altough when connecting a standard 18" dish i am able to do a full scan, i do not have the st#rch*ice lnb with me at the moment it does state for use with 60c reciever only, could you please guide me in the right direction. ty

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
jamal habibi lk himare. chouf ya habibi you need more information.what sat r u looking for.i guess 97w/ right?

Username: Aurora

Post Number: 3
My Viewsat extreme displays "on" all the time on the front panel, I cannot access the menu or anything else from my remote or the receiver push bottoms....Any fix?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Hey guys I got my extreme working and then downloaded that recent "GC" bin fix for globecast that i got from totalfta.com but when i turned on my tv the tv turned black and started flashing and the reciever started showing wierd symbols on the front so i shut it off from the switch on the back. I loaded the factory bin back onto the reciever then the xtreme bin i had before but the same thing happened, please help.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 281
Did you ask this question on totalfta ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
Aurora - Go download the .PGM (BIN) file, SatInfo and Opkey files. Load all of them at the same time using Loader2 and then after the receiver reboots, configure your antenas and do a "Blind Scan" "F2" on each Antena. It appears you have errased all this info or you got one of the few receivers that didn't have this preloaded.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1274
Hus - Follow the instructions I gave Aurora in my previous post.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Hey guys im unable to get epg on my viewsat extreme, i put the correct date and time but still get nothing

Gold Member

Post Number: 1339
Hus - Viewsats adjust the time automatically (which is the recommended way), but you need to make sure you adjusge the time zone. Example: I'm in the east coast so I have to be at -5:00 hours. Make sure you adjust your time zones.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
thnks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Hey guys does anyone know if there is a bin for DFH channels for irdeto?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
DFH? IRDETO?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
yeah

Gold Member

Post Number: 1363
Hus - that was a question! What I mean was, what are you talking about? I have no idea what you just said!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
lol sorry DFH are turkish channels on fta. like Globecast for Euronews or Setanta sports, Irdeto has DFH, such as DFH sports. I was just wondering if there are possible bins for any recievers out

Bronze Member
Username: Whitford

Post Number: 21
I also have an EPG problem on my Viewsat Xtreme. For most channels, I don't get an EPG. But what is strange is that for all channels that have an EPG (for example, name of movie, etc), I cannot view the channel. Has anyone else faced this problem? I don't think I loaded the .cha properly -- maybe that is the problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 331
I wish some of you would start a new thread...LoL

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 839
Jay,I don't see were you click to "start fight"?lol. And I noticed the the thread you chose for your illustration,thats funny!

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 333
Just trying to be funny on a slow night SatScanner

Bronze Member
Username: Whitford

Post Number: 22
I had started a new thread once, and never got a reply to my question. So I thought maybe I could get some help on this thread. Apologies if I've offended anyone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us