Help... $ appearing in front of channels, Cant get to CAS System Menu

Username: Cabrunet

Post Number: 6
I'm progressing, even tho this is getting on my nerves. I have a good signal and only get 1 working channel GOAL TV...Spanish Soccer! All my other channels have a dollar sign in front of them and say scrambled. I have a Pansat 3500 SD and a DishPro 500

If anyone can help, i'd appreciate it. my email is cabrunet@aol.com

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 277
the $ just means its a scrambled channel. Almost all channels on Dih Network or BEV will have that. All you need to do is make sure your key's are updated with the latest. I just posted a thread here a hour or so ago with the working keys.

if you need help just ask I have a working pansat 3500

Post Number: 7
Jay, thnx for the quick reply. I was told I have to get into the parental controls to set the keys, from there i can enter oooo and get a new screen, cas screen or something, that doesnt happen for us. Any more help? Thnx.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 278
Heres how to updat the key's on your pansat 3500SD

Menu button
select Parental Controls
2nd PIN/enter 0000
Nagravision
Select dishnetwork (top right, use r/l arrows)
scroll down
select key 0
scroll down
enter the new keys (the letter keys are shown on the screen by function key). Check them carefully.
scroll up
select key 1
enter the new keys (same letter keys as above - bottom of screen). Check them carefully.
Hit and hold OK until it flashes (red, bottom right) on the screen.
exit out and watch TV

only thing I want to add is be sure and Hit and hold OK until it flashes (red, bottom right) on the screen several times while putting in keys. Also after you put keys in both lines read them to be sure you got it right just one # off and it wont work.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 279
To get to the keys go to parent control and go DOWN to second one and just put in 0000 its easer than it looks. It got me too at first.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 280
also here you will find all the info you need on that receiver. How to's, bin's, how to fix problems easy, everthing you need.

Post Number: 8
While i am still without a solution, I finally came to the conclusion that i am actually supposed to see the words SECOND PIN on the screen...and I don't.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 286
ok hang on I was on fark.com surfing the funny phoshop pic's

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 287
ok here some screen shots I just made with my digital cam for ya

first click on parental control like here
Upload
Then go down once to the words second pin and mash your 0 four times.
Upload
then you will see this screen go down to nagravision 2
Upload
then put in your key's
Upload

now watch TV !

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 297
You might want to also try the master pin its ether 1668, or 1010.

Let us know how its going..

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 9
I want to thank you for your help. I don't know what I did, but I GIVE UP. Today all I get on the TV is snow, and the pansat remote doesn't let me do anything. It's not the batteries. =(

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 10
Thank you for all your help. I think now i really fowled it up. I get nothing but snow on the tv and can't reset the pansat. The remote works ...it turns on my vcr, but it doesn't clear the tv. Its stuck on b70 and the tv screen has snow.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 299
did you push the stb button on the remote? It tells the remote to control the receiver. Also can you turn on the receiver with the buttons on the receiver? get to the channels with those buttons?

Bronze Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11
KE5AQN IS A MIRACLE WORKER!!!! We got TV thanks to him! While everyone was so helpful, KE5AQN was able to trouble shoot , walk us thru, fix our problems and get us TV. KE,my husband and I appreicate your knowledge, your determination and most of all your patience! We don't know how we can ever repay you!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 310
well you are very nice people it was my pleasure you are very welcome..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us