How to scan a new satellite

Bronze Member
Username: Mississauga

Post Number: 23
I have BEV which is working on Nimiq 1.

I want to get channel 730 for India - South Africa cricket starting on Sunday. I have scanned twice but do not get this channel. Is there any way I can get Channel 730 on Nimiq1?

My friend is able to receive this channel on Nimiq2. When I go to Installation I see Nimiq 2 listed. However when I scan on for Nimiq 2 it scans a dishnetwork channel.

Can any one help?

Bronze Member
Username: Nassa

Post Number: 75
you should delete all channels and do a factory reset, then scan
Get more help at
http://www.c-games.net/in.php?id=8396

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 639
Don't go to that link....Nassa u lil monkey why u posting this crap all over the place!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 72
Hey Mississauga User
-If your friend is getting this chan on Nimiq-2 then you should get it on nimiq-2 don't search in nimiq-1
-If you scan Nimiq and you get dish it is probably pointed on 119 or 110 SO WHAT YOU NEED IS TO POINTED TO 82 or pointed to 91 with 2 LNBs you can get both Nimiq-1 and 2
If you give me your town, state I will calculate it for you
- OR IF YOU MOVE YOUR DISH ROUGHLY 12 TO 15 DEGREES Toward east it will do
Don't be affraid to ask me anything you want
-Make sure use BEV keys too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
King Tape

Thanks for the very helpful hints.

I am in Toronto, Canada. Can I get both Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2 on 91 becuse I know my BEV dish is pointed to 91

My friend suggested that I do the following

1) Turn the Diseqc off for Nimiq1 and check Nimiq1 off in the installation menu

2) Select Nimiq 2 and assign it the same Diseq # as Nimiq 1 and do a blind scan.

Other than channel 730 I get all the channels I need on Nimiq1. Do I get the same channels + channel 730 on Nimiq2

Again thanks for your help

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 32
Hello There

I know I don't really have a place to post on this thread, however, I just read that someone in Toronto (Mississauga User) is on board. I was very interested to know if you wouldn't mind, with your Nimiq 1, you mention you get all the channels you need. May I ask what channels you receive? Also, do you have any special attachment for the LNB's, or simply an LNB in the Bell 82 slot, and you're picking-up channels? Do you get stuff such as Silver Screen Classic, Cool Tv. Fight Network free preview, and any PPV? Thanks so much.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
John

Sorry I do not know the answers to your questions since the dish was installed by the guy from whom I bought it.

I mainly use BEV for the Canadian channels like CBCand HG, OLN, ROB TV etc.

If you let me know the channel numbers you are looking for I can check it out tonight and let you know

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 183
Hey John Paul Jones
How can you ask someone to give you all the channels that are on Nimiq 1.?
There are (384) TV channels and (83) Radio Stations.

Bronze Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 53
Hey, Kavin why didn't u flame John for hijacking MU 's thread,"never seen this before"?

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 33
Hello There

Sorry if there was confusion regarding my post and question. Never was I asking someone to give me all the channels as Kavin Reno stated. I was simply asking Mississauga, since he has Nimiq 1 open, if perhaps he was receiving channels, such as, The Fight Network Preview, Fishing Network, Cool Tv., and Silver Screen Classics. That's it. (4) channels, not everyone!

With regard to you Mississauga, I can't tell you the channels numbers sadly, because they won't come n on my wide open Nimiq 1. That is why I was asking if you had them on your wide open Nimiq 1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us