Multistar

Bronze Member
Username: X302

Longlac, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
Friend of mine gave me a Multistar MS 2500PF to try and load for him. plugged it in and turned it on....however no lights come on. I'm hoping I don't need to jtag, cause I've never had to do that before. He said it was working up until about a year ago, and noone's touched it, just sat there collecting dust.
I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, but I've loaded these units several times over and never came across this before....with any kind of unit. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions because I'm at a loss....from my understanding rhis unit has been a 2500A clone, just hope the last sob to load it used a chancy bin....will a BL true pansat bin cause this to happen??? Thanks in advance......X

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5221
Yes a true BL bin could have done that...U must try and upload the factory bin repeatedly or the 284T...did U check ON the back switch?...or OFF/ON...take off casing, look for lose connection etc..otherwise it may need a Jtag..its a Pantec receiver, I beleive..U need to jar a reaction from it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5222
try this..can't hurt..and original Pansat bins won't hurt receiver,,,U can substitue your favorite loader/updater too

Instraction fixing your Pansat2300A and 2500A.

1) Open Blacklist Stb Updater 1.3a
2) Browse orginal factory bin (222 or 224 usually. can be found from here //www.pansatusa.com//
3) Connect from PC to REC with DB9 straight cable.
4) Keep your receiver off. DON NOT TURN THE RECEIVER ON FROM THE BACK SWICH.
5) Press Send button on BLACKLIST STB UPDATER 1.3a
5) Then turn your receiver on from the back swich with in 5 secound.
6) Wait untill download complited. DON NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNTILL YOU SEE MESSAGE (Complited)
7) DO NOT LET THE RECEIVER TO RESTART BY IT SELF.
8) After you see message complited, Swich off back button on the back of the receiver right away.
9) Wait for 10 Secound and turn your receiver on again.
10) Enjoy Your Tv Back.

Regards
Blacklist.

Bronze Member

Longlac, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
thanks for the response LK....first thing i did was remove cover, check fuse, power etc. all seems ok. Just odd that absolutely nothing happens, any idea where I can get factory bin, been looking for last hour or so at several sites...all with no luck......tied to load latest bin...using latest BL uploader, a straight serial cable, and bin284t...get all ready, turn on master switch on back of unit...wait about 5 seconds (approximate time it takes for first light to come), then click "write BIN" and nnothing happens, nothing at all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bronze Member

Longlac, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 31
LK, tried all that you suggested above..but with no luck...any other suggesttions??? lol, thanks...guess i gotta either try to jtag or convince him to buy a VS...X

Gold Member

Post Number: 5226
The factory bin is linked in my first post at [link removed] is best clone site, but charges small annual fee for files...they may have the Jtag info free for Pantec...or U can pay somebody $50 to do it (electronics shop etc)...but I would invest in a VS Extreme instead..

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted_2tv

Post Number: 38
X302 .... here is a site that has the factory bins you need ...http://www.ftageek.0catch.com/
just open the page and download what you want .. no reg. is needed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us